Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C program with two results.
Top Forums Programming C program with two results. Post 12013 by developer on Monday 17th of December 2001 08:42:01 AM
Old 12-17-2001
The sizeof operator returns the number of bytes required to store an object of type of its operand. When applied to a structure or a union the result is not necessarilly the sum of the size of the members of the union. Padding is also required to make the object tile an array.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh program run with different results by different users

Hi, I wrote a ksh program on Unix. One thing I don't understand: some users run it with different results. I suspect it's either "cat" or "grep" command. Basically, with one group of user, the 'cat' or 'grep' command is not getting the data I need and that changed the result. Is the above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
2 Replies

2. Programming

How to write to stdin of another program (program A -> [stdin]program B)

Hi, Program A: uses pipe() I am able to read the stdout of PROGAM B (stdout got through system() command) into PROGRAM A using: * child -> dup2(fd, STDOUT_FILENO); -> execl("/path/PROGRAM B", "PROGRAM B", NULL); * parent -> char line; -> read(fd, line, 100); Question: ---------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
1 Replies

3. Programming

A program to trace execution of another program

Hi, I wanted to know if i can write a program using switches and signals, etc to trace execution of other unix program which calls c program internally. If yes how? If not with signals and switches then are there any other methods apart from debugging with gdb/dbx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiten_hegde
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling C program from cron results in no output

I can call a C program from the shell and results are outputted as normal. The C program processes some files and spits out a .csv file. If I scheduled it in cron, there is no output. If their a special way to schedule C programs in cron? thanks & regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hazno
1 Replies

6. Programming

Python program faster than C++ program.

I wrote a simple program that generates a random word 10,000,000 times. I wrote it in python, then in C++ and compared the two completion times. The python script was faster! Is that normal? Why would the python script be faster? I was under the impression that C++ was faster. What are some of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbreiny
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program get a response before the program quits

I created a program, so a kid can practice there math on it. It dispenses varies math problems and the kid must input an answer. I also want it to grade the work they have done, but I can't find the best place for it to print out the grade. I have: if ( $response =~ m/^/ ) { $user_wants_to_quit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germany1517
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to add a variable for the results from the formula of one variable and results of another var

Good morning all, This is the file name in question OD_Orders_2019-02-19.csv I am trying to create a bash script to read into files with yesterdays date on the file name while retaining the rest of the files name. I would like for $y to equal, the name of the file with a formula output with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ibrahim A
2 Replies
PAPERINFO(3)						     Library Functions Manual						      PAPERINFO(3)

NAME
paperinfo, paperwithsize, paperfirst, paperlast, papernext, paperprev - return informations about a paper SYNOPSYS
#include <paper.h> const struct paper* paperinfo(const char* papername) const struct paper* paperwithsize(double psw, double psh) char* papername(const struct paper*) double paperpswidth(const struct paper*) double paperpsheigth(const struct paper*) const struct paper* paperfirst(void) const struct paper* papernext(const struct paper* pinfo) const struct paper* paperprev(const struct paper* pinfo) const struct paper* paperlast(void) DESCRIPTION
paperinfo() returns a pointer to a struct paper containing informations about the paper with name papername paperwithsize() looks for a paper whose width and height is psw and psh in PostScript points, and return a pointer to a struct paper corresponding to the paper found. papername() returns the name of a paper described by an opaque struct paper object paperpswidth() returns the width, in PostScript points, of a paper described by an opaque struct paper object paperpsheight() returns the height, in PostScript points, of a paper described by an opaque struct paper object paperfirst() and paperlast() return the first and last entries for papers. Iteration from one entry to the next or the previous one can be done with papernext() and paperprev() respectively. SEE ALSO
paperinit(3), paperdone(3) defaultpapername(3) papersize(5) 24 September 1996 PAPERINFO(3)