Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Networking a SCO Unix box with a windows lan Post 11999 by rwb1959 on Sunday 16th of December 2001 03:56:48 PM
Old 12-16-2001
You most certainly can. Not only can you
get terminal access, but you can also set up
SAMBA on the SCO box and have it act as
a file and print server to the Windoze boxes.
Personally, I would not recommend Hyperterminal.
I would use a different telnet program like
NetTerm or somthing.

Is there a specific problem you are having?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Networking UNIX with WINDOWS

I am not that great with unix yet, We use them to run our test equipnemt for work. I am now trying to set them all up on the same network (hub) Is there a way that you can make the Windows unit see the Unix Box? I can only transfer file through a FTP program from the Unix to windows. ( This all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrb22250
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Networking Configuration for between UNIX and Windows OS

Good day! Im interested with unix application, however i don't have any idea on how to configure network on unix applicaton(server) to have a connection with windows operating system (worksatation). Please give me some facts how network works between unix and windows. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbbarrera
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking unix & windows

I have very basic question: I have 2 windows sytem & 1 Unix system & wanted to put all three system into one network to each other. what kind of other hardware I need? like cable , router? can anybody tell me the configuration? like how to connect to external hardware to put into network? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar1
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VPN client (windows Box),and Server (Unix Box)

If I want to access unix box via VPN tunnel,from windows box. What sould I configure on the windows client PC, and what should I enable on the Unix Server box ? I am using Solaris V10 intel platform, and I am using windows XP, and 2003 for client (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zillah
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTPing from unix box to windows box.

Hi All, I need to know if it is possible ftping files from unix box to windows box . if yes , how ?. Is there any pre-requisits. Please tell me the steps, this is very urgent. Thnx Aru (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

lan networking

hello , i have a problem about connectin between two computers with lan connection , i setup lan card for each of both the computers and when ping with each of them seperatly its true but when i ping from one of them to other that is bring up " no rout to host " or " host is down" please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hossein
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from Unix box to a windows box

Hi All, I need a little help .I want to transfer a file from unix box to a windows box,but the problem i'm facing is that in windows box FTP is not enabled and currently it is nearly impssible to change setting on windows box,i can not use the ftp method ,in my shell script to transfer the file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preet
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need an scp command from a unix box to a windows box.

scp file="myfile.txt" todir="user@somehost:(M:drive:/somepath/)"/ Not sure I need it to go to a specific drive on the windows box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file starting with particular name on Windows box to Unix box using shell script

Hello all ! I'm trying to write a shell script (bash) to ftp a file starting with particular name like "Latest_" that is present on a Windows box to UNIX server. Basically I want to set this script in the cron so that daily the new build that is posted on the Windows box can be downloaded to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayb4u83
2 Replies
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3)

NAME
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet -- Returns a pattern for telnet URIs. SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /URI/; while (<>) { /$RE{URI}{telnet}/ and print "Contains a telnet URI. "; } DESCRIPTION
$RE{URI}{telnet} Returns a pattern that matches telnet URIs, as defined by RFC 1738. Telnet URIs have the form: "telnet:" "//" [ user [ ":" password ] "@" ] host [ ":" port ] [ "/" ] Under "{-keep}", the following are returned: $1 The complete URI. $2 The scheme. $3 The username:password combo, or just the username if there is no password. $4 The username, if given. $5 The password, if given. $6 The host:port combo, or just the host if there's no port. $7 The host. $8 The port, if given. $9 The trailing slash, if any. REFERENCES
[RFC 1738] Berners-Lee, Tim, Masinter, L., McCahill, M.: Uniform Resource Locators (URL). December 1994. SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common::URI for other supported URIs. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.18.2 2013-03-08 Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3)