Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Networking a SCO Unix box with a windows lan Post 11998 by huilai on Sunday 16th of December 2001 03:02:08 PM
Old 12-16-2001
Question Networking a SCO Unix box with a windows lan

Hi there!

We have a SCO UNIX box that uses a bunch of dumb terminals. We also have a workgroup of 5 stations Is there a way that we can network the UNIX box to the workgroup for dumb terminal.. A novice would think you could TCP the UNIX machine through a hub and use hypertermal as a dumb terminal.. Get what i'm saying? Please help thanx

-Hui The Lai Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Networking UNIX with WINDOWS

I am not that great with unix yet, We use them to run our test equipnemt for work. I am now trying to set them all up on the same network (hub) Is there a way that you can make the Windows unit see the Unix Box? I can only transfer file through a FTP program from the Unix to windows. ( This all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrb22250
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Networking Configuration for between UNIX and Windows OS

Good day! Im interested with unix application, however i don't have any idea on how to configure network on unix applicaton(server) to have a connection with windows operating system (worksatation). Please give me some facts how network works between unix and windows. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbbarrera
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking unix & windows

I have very basic question: I have 2 windows sytem & 1 Unix system & wanted to put all three system into one network to each other. what kind of other hardware I need? like cable , router? can anybody tell me the configuration? like how to connect to external hardware to put into network? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar1
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VPN client (windows Box),and Server (Unix Box)

If I want to access unix box via VPN tunnel,from windows box. What sould I configure on the windows client PC, and what should I enable on the Unix Server box ? I am using Solaris V10 intel platform, and I am using windows XP, and 2003 for client (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zillah
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTPing from unix box to windows box.

Hi All, I need to know if it is possible ftping files from unix box to windows box . if yes , how ?. Is there any pre-requisits. Please tell me the steps, this is very urgent. Thnx Aru (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

lan networking

hello , i have a problem about connectin between two computers with lan connection , i setup lan card for each of both the computers and when ping with each of them seperatly its true but when i ping from one of them to other that is bring up " no rout to host " or " host is down" please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hossein
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from Unix box to a windows box

Hi All, I need a little help .I want to transfer a file from unix box to a windows box,but the problem i'm facing is that in windows box FTP is not enabled and currently it is nearly impssible to change setting on windows box,i can not use the ftp method ,in my shell script to transfer the file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preet
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need an scp command from a unix box to a windows box.

scp file="myfile.txt" todir="user@somehost:(M:drive:/somepath/)"/ Not sure I need it to go to a specific drive on the windows box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file starting with particular name on Windows box to Unix box using shell script

Hello all ! I'm trying to write a shell script (bash) to ftp a file starting with particular name like "Latest_" that is present on a Windows box to UNIX server. Basically I want to set this script in the cron so that daily the new build that is posted on the Windows box can be downloaded to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayb4u83
2 Replies
plot(3x)																  plot(3x)

Name
       openpl, erase, label, line, circle, arc, move, cont, point, linemod, space, closepl, box, color, dot - graphics interface

Syntax
       openpl()

erase()

label(s)
       char s[];

line(x1, y1, x2, y2)

circle(x, y, r)

arc(x, y, x0, y0, x1, y1)

move(x, y)

cont(x, y)

point(x, y)

linemod(s)
       char s[];

space(x0, y0, x1, y1)

closepl()

box(x0, x1, y0, y1)

color(c)

dot()

Description
       These  subroutines generate graphic output in a device-independent manner.  See for a description of their effect.  The subroutine precedes
       the other subroutines as it opens the device for writing.  The subroutine flushes the output. The and routines are used by  the	lvp16  and
       hp7475a plotters only.

String arguments to and are null-terminated and do not contain newlines.

Many of these functions have additional options for different output devices.  They are accessed by the options as follows:

-lplot	     device-independent graphics stream on standard output for filters

-lplotaed     AED 512 color graphics terminal

-lplotbg      BBN bitgraph graphics terminal

-lplotdumb    dumb terminals without cursor addressing or line printers

-lplotgigi    gigi graphics terminal

-lplotgrn     grn files

-lplot2648    HP 2648 graphics terminal

-lplot7221    HP 7221 graphics terminal

-lplotimagen  Imagen laser printer (default 240 DPI resolution)

-l300	     GSI 300 terminal

-l300s	     GSI 300S terminal

-l450	     DASI 450 terminal

-l4013	     Tektronix 4013 terminal

-l4014	     Tektronix 4014 terminal

-llvp16	     DEC LVP16 and HP7475A plotters

See Also
       graph(1g), plot(1g), plot(5)

plot(3x)