Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syntax error: `(' unexpected
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers syntax error: `(' unexpected Post 11869 by adadevil on Thursday 13th of December 2001 08:45:28 AM
Old 12-13-2001
syntax error: `(' unexpected

Hi All,

I am trying to run an executable on Sun OS and it gives me following error:

syntax error: `(' unexpected

On other server this same executable is running fine. Shell on boht server is ksh.

Please help!

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error: 'else' is not expected

We have a ksh script to insert data into our data warehouse. There are multiple if/then/else statements, most are not embedded. In this example, there is an if/then statement, and an embedded if/then/else/fi statement. The problem occurs with the closing else. I receive an error message as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: djschmitt
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh: syntax error: `...' unexpected???

Hello all, I want to create a script that polls every hour a directory for the existence of a file. The file I look for is a `token` dropped by an external process at the completion of a successful FTP process. I wrote this script `checkfile.ksh`: #!/usr/bin/ksh if ] then mailx... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected syntax error

Hi, i am getting following syntax error ...kingly advice why is it coming ?? #!/bin/bash find . -name "common.log" if ; then echo "1" fi Himnashu@home /bin $ ./a.sh ./a.sh: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token `fi' ./a.sh: line 7: `fi' (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `('

Guys , This is an output of my script errored out for "Syntax error near unexpected token `(' " Can someone tell me whats wrong with my script. Below is my original script pasted. #!/bin/bash Script Creation Date 01/21/2010 Author baraghun ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error: `$' unexpected

Hi all, Am very new to Unix and am currently Involved in Migrating some Shell Scripts from AIX 4 to Solaris 10. While using teh for loop am getting the below error: $ echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh $ for file in $(ls *SEBE*) syntax error: `$' unexpected while the same works without issue on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkhanore
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ksh syntax error Unexpected Fi

Issue resolved, thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangell82
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token '('

I tried to execute the code but I got this error ./Array.c: line 9: syntax error near unexpected token '(' ./Array.c: line 9: ' nvals = get_data(a,MAXARRAY);' and #include<stdio.h> #define MAXARRAY 1000 main() { int a, nvals; nvals =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgradywhite
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error: 'fi' unexpected

unzip file.zip if ] ; then echo "Success" else echo "Some failure." fi ; I tried many time to detect the unzip error, but it keep show the syntax error wherever how I change the syntac. Hope someone can help me fix the issue, thanks. Please use code tags next time for your code and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: duncanyy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error `(' unexpected

I have written this in my script but while running i am getting syntax error `(' unexpected. unload to "$BACKUP_DIR/n_fac_fid-$clliname" select * from n_fac_fid where fac_accesskey in (select fac_accesskey From n_fac_ap_fid where ap_clli="$clliname"); Any help appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanmi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error: `]' unexpected

I am getting this error Syntax error: `]' unexpected. Did I do something wrong with elif? Does ksh not like double brackets? if ]; then #echo hi source ~/.bashrc; elif ]; then #echo hi source ~/.kshrc; fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies
AUSCOPE(1)						      General Commands Manual							AUSCOPE(1)

NAME
auscope - Network Audio System Protocol Filter SYNOPSIS
auscope [ option ] ... DESCRIPTION
auscope is an audio protocol filter that can be used to view the network packets being sent between an audio application and an audio server. auscope is written in Perl, so you must have Perl installed on your machine in order to run auscope. If your Perl executable is not installed as /usr/local/bin/perl, you should modify the first line of the auscope script to reflect the Perl executable's location. Or, you can invoke auscope as perl auscope [ option ] ... assuming the Perl executable is in your path. To operate, auscope must know the port on which it should listen for audio clients, the name of the desktop machine on which the audio server is running and the port to use to connect to the audio server. Both the output port (server) and input port (client) are automati- cally biased by 8000. The output port defaults to 0 and the input port defaults to 1. ARGUMENTS
-i<input-port> Specify the port that auscope will use to take requests from clients. -o<output-port> Determines the port that auscope will use to connect to the audio server. -h<audio server name> Determines the desktop machine name that auscope will use to find the audio server. -v<print-level> Determines the level of printing which auscope will provide. The print-level can be 0 or 1. The larger numbers provide greater output detail. EXAMPLES
In the following example, mcxterm is the name of the desktop machine running the audio server, which is connected to the TCP/IP network host tcphost. auscope uses the desktop machine with the -h command line option, will listen for client requests on port 8001 and connect to the audio server on port 8000. Ports (file descriptors) on the network host are used to read and write the audio protocol. The audio client auplay will connect to the audio server via the TCP/IP network host tcphost and port 8001: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm auplay -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 dial.snd In the following example, the auscope verbosity is increased to 1, and the audio client autool will connect to the audio server via the network host tcphost, while displaying its graphical interface on another server labmcx: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm -v1 autool -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 -display labmcx:0.0 SEE ALSO
nas(1), perl(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1994 Network Computing Devices, Inc. AUTHOR
Greg Renda, Network Computing Devices, Inc. 1.9.3 AUSCOPE(1)