Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: copy bootdiskette
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers copy bootdiskette Post 1184 by Neo on Wednesday 14th of February 2001 10:45:52 AM
Old 02-14-2001
dd

I used dd to make bookdisks. For example, if my current kernel is /newest-kernel I just do the one liner:

Code:
dd if=/newest-kernel of=/dev/floppy

where /dev/floppy is a symlink to the current floppy device, i.e. /dev/fd0.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy Db Instance

I need to copy my Live Db Instance to my Test Db Instance Can somebody please tell me the easiest way to go about this It is an Informix Database running on HP-UX Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cobdeng
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HOw to find and copy

Hi, I need to find files in a directory, between dates like 4/15/06 and 5/02/06, and copy them to a different directory. Is there a way to doa find and a copy together? Thanks, Neil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaajohnson
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy ?

HOw to copy a folder from one user to another user in UNIX ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani_ynm
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy from one HD to another :)

So i have two HD full of Files, files are ordered by First letter, then inside name of the person that created and inside that the month when i was created.. So There are folders A to Z, inside these folders there are names, and inside these names months.. For example M -> Miguel x ->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: supermiguel
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP copy

I want to copy all the files and subdirectory from a server. I tried scp pritish@ipaddress:/home/pritish -r $PWD it copies all the files but not the directory, Can any one help me. I want to copy files as well as subdirectory from a server directory Note: Use CODE-tags when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is in-core copy and disk-copy of i-node table?

I have found a question from the exercises of my study mat. The question is "Why are there a in-core copy and a disk-copy of i-node block and super block?" If any one know the proper answer then please send me..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dearanik
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Need help with copy

Hi Gurus, I need some help to fulfill the following requirement. I have a file A and some contents in it and I have file B and some conent in it. I need to append the contents on File A to FIle B. I am sure its Basics but missing it. Thank You, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy the directory but not copy certain file

Hi experts cp bin root src /mnt but not copy bin/bigfile any help? ( I post this thread in the "redhat" forum wrongly, I don't know how to withdraw that question in that wrong forum) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
6 Replies
FDFORMAT(8)						       System Administration						       FDFORMAT(8)

NAME
fdformat - low-level format a floppy disk SYNOPSIS
fdformat [options] device DESCRIPTION
fdformat does a low-level format on a floppy disk. device is usually one of the following (for floppy devices the major = 2, and the minor is shown for informational purposes only): /dev/fd0d360 (minor = 4) /dev/fd0h1200 (minor = 8) /dev/fd0D360 (minor = 12) /dev/fd0H360 (minor = 12) /dev/fd0D720 (minor = 16) /dev/fd0H720 (minor = 16) /dev/fd0h360 (minor = 20) /dev/fd0h720 (minor = 24) /dev/fd0H1440 (minor = 28) /dev/fd1d360 (minor = 5) /dev/fd1h1200 (minor = 9) /dev/fd1D360 (minor = 13) /dev/fd1H360 (minor = 13) /dev/fd1D720 (minor = 17) /dev/fd1H720 (minor = 17) /dev/fd1h360 (minor = 21) /dev/fd1h720 (minor = 25) /dev/fd1H1440 (minor = 29) The generic floppy devices, /dev/fd0 and /dev/fd1, will fail to work with fdformat when a non-standard format is being used, or if the for- mat has not been autodetected earlier. In this case, use setfdprm(8) to load the disk parameters. OPTIONS
-n, --no-verify Skip the verification that is normally performed after the formatting. -V, --version Output version information and exit. -h, --help Display help and exit. SEE ALSO
fd(4), setfdprm(8), mkfs(8), emkfs(8) AUTHOR
Werner Almesberger (almesber@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch) AVAILABILITY
The fdformat command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2011 FDFORMAT(8)