Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitor Resoltuion
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Monitor Resoltuion Post 11737 by bigbut57 on Tuesday 11th of December 2001 03:31:09 PM
Old 12-11-2001
resolution

Smilie
Log out -

Do a Stop-A - this takes you to the OK prompt.

reset -all - at the ok prompt

This will resync your video card to your pnp monitor, and should solve your problems. (reset -r) could work as well, but reset -all will do it.

Make sure you log out first, and no one is logged into your workstation, since this is in effect a reboot, resync, flush, etc.

But

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

PC monitor

In order to use a regular PC monitor would I need to do any configuration changes to my Ultra 5 box running Solaris 8 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mangolinux
1 Replies

2. SCO

temperature monitor

Is there command in sco unixware 7.1.3 from which i can find the temperature of the system/hardware. Something equivalent to prtdiag in solaris maybe thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsb81
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor via crontab

Hi , I have a configuration file which i have to monitor via a crontab. Now i should be able to control the first cron job via a second one i start depending on the start time and stop time in config file. say if the starttime is 10:00 AM and stop time is 12:00 Noon , i have to start the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvenkam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor: Read from the monitor

Hello, I would like to write a script that use the display as an input. In the display there is a list of file. I want to use it as an array and this would be the input in my script. Does somebody know how do I make it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mig8
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with HD monitor script

Hi, I'm new to linux and I'm trying to compile a hard drive monitoring script. I've seen a few on the internet and I've attempted to stumble through but I'm stuck at my while/do scenario. I assigned the variable NUM then took the percentage from my output and cut the % so it would be just a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: crocyson
6 Replies

6. AIX

How to monitor ftp?

If somebody ftp a file from one server to my server, can I know what he ftp? And when he ftp? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor script

Does anyone have a monitoring script in solaris that monitors the drives in an exclosure? The script should be in /bin/bash or /bin/sh thnks again This should be for solaris 10/11 looking for something that tells me a drive is down or offline.:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
0 Replies

8. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
ppmtoacad(1)                                                  General Commands Manual                                                 ppmtoacad(1)

NAME
ppmtoacad - convert portable pixmap to AutoCAD database or slide SYNOPSIS
ppmtoacad [-dxb] [-poly] [-background colour] [-white] [-aspect ratio] [-8] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces an AutoCAD(R) slide file or binary database import (.dxb) file as output. If no ppmfile is specified, input is read from standard input. OPTIONS
-dxb An AutoCAD binary database import (.dxb) file is written. This file is read with the DXBIN command and, once loaded, becomes part of the AutoCAD geometrical database and can be viewed and edited like any other object. Each sequence of identical pixels becomes a separate object in the database; this can result in very large AutoCAD drawing files. However, if you want to trace over a bitmap, it lets you zoom and pan around the bitmap as you wish. -poly If the -dxb option is not specified, the output of ppmtoacad is an AutoCAD slide file. Normally each row of pixels is represented by an AutoCAD line entity. If -poly is selected, the pixels are rendered as filled polygons. If the slide is viewed on a display with higher resolution than the source pixmap, this will cause the pixels to expand instead of appearing as discrete lines against the screen background colour. Regrettably, this representation yields slide files which occupy more disc space and take longer to display. -background colour Most AutoCAD display drivers can be configured to use any available colour as the screen background. Some users perfer a black screen background, others white, while splinter groups advocate burnt ocher, tawny puce, and shocking grey. Discarding pixels whose closest AutoCAD colour representation is equal to the background colour can substantially reduce the size of the AutoCAD database or slide file needed to represent a bitmap. If no -background colour is specified, the screen background colour is assumed to be black. Any AutoCAD colour number may be specified as the screen background; colour numbers are assumed to specify the hues defined in the standard AutoCAD 256 colour palette. -white Since many AutoCAD users choose a white screen background, this option is provided as a short-cut. Specifying -white is identical in effect to -background 7. -aspect ratio If the source pixmap had non-square pixels, the ratio of the pixel width to pixel height should be specified as ratio. The result- ing slide or .dxb file will be corrected so that pixels on the AutoCAD screen will be square. For example, to correct an image made for a 320x200 VGA/MCGA screen, specify -aspect 0.8333. -8 Restricts the colours in the output file to the 8 RGB shades. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. BUGS
AutoCAD has a fixed palette of 256 colours, distributed along the hue, lightness, and saturation axes. Pixmaps which contain many nearly- identical colours, or colours not closely approximated by AutoCAD's palette, may be poorly rendered. ppmtoacad works best if the system displaying its output supports the full 256 colour AutoCAD palette. Monochrome, 8 colour, and 16 colour configurations will produce less than optimal results. When creating a .dxb file or a slide file with the -poly option, ppmtoacad finds both vertical and horizontal runs of identical pixels and consolidates them into rectangular regions to reduce the size of the output file. This is effective for images with large areas of con- stant colour but it's no substitute for true raster to vector conversion. In particular, thin diagonal lines are not optimised at all by this process. Output files can be huge. SEE ALSO
AutoCAD Reference Manual: Slide File Format and Binary Drawing Interchange (DXB) Files, ppm(5) AUTHOR
John Walker Autodesk SA Avenue des Champs-Montants 14b CH-2074 MARIN Suisse/Schweiz/Svizzera/Svizra/Switzerland Usenet: kelvin@Autodesk.com Fax: 038/33 88 15 Voice: 038/33 76 33 Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, without any conditions or restrictions. This software is provided ``as is'' without express or implied warranty. AutoCAD and Autodesk are registered trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. 10 October 1991 ppmtoacad(1)