Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to get processor Id in UNIX Post 11735 by Neo on Tuesday 11th of December 2001 03:01:35 PM
Old 12-11-2001
linux: cat /proc/cpuinfo

On linux systems with proc filesystem:

Quote:
linux# cat cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 5
model : 8
model name : AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor
stepping : 12
cpu MHz : 501.150
cache size : 64 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
sep_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mmx 3dnow
bogomips : 999.42
Hope this is useful.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix & Processor compatibility

subject is self explanitory... can i install Unix on a system w/ and AMD processor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goliath3021
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX and Processor

What kind of processors can Free BSD run on? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heathbo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I see the processor usage in Unix??

Could anybody tell me which command I should use to see how many percentage or something from the processor is used by various programs? Thanx in Advance! Erik:D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erik Rooijmans
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find processor speed & memory in HP Unix 10.2

I have a D series HP server with HP UNIX 10.20 as the OS. How will I obtain the processor speed and memory of the machine. I have 'root' privileges. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: augustinep
4 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Where can I find a Unix OS that will run on a 386 processor?

Hey, can anyone recommend a URL (or website) where I can download a basic (or old) UNIX OS that will run on an ancient laptop that has a 386 processor, 4MB of RAM and a 40MB harddrive? Your help and suggestions are much appreciated! :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: methudrez
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix on a amd athlon processor

I just need a simple answer on if installing unix on a pc using an AMD processor instead of Intel is going to be a problem. Thank you one and all. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frznmeatcicle
3 Replies

7. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

8. AIX

Processor and processor core

Guys... Hows it going??? I have been going through the hardware spec of IBM system p systems.. and here i am confused for IBM Power 520 Express it says Processor cores: One, two or four 64-bit 4.2 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processor id/name

How to find out whether the system has multiple processors. In multiprocessor system how to get their names or ids How to send command to a particular processor ( can we use rsh) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjum
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help for processor

hello Admins, how to find number of processor in unix machine. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinkumarr89
2 Replies
psrinfo(1)						      General Commands Manual							psrinfo(1)

NAME
psrinfo, pinfo - Displays processor administration information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/psrinfo -n /usr/sbin/psrinfo [-v] [processor...] /usr/sbin/psrinfo -s processor /usr/sbin/pinfo [-v] [processor...] OPTIONS
Displays the number of processors in the system. Enables verbose mode. Writes only a boolean value to standard output. The -s option requires a single processor identification number (processor). The -s option is intended to be used in scripts. A value of 1 is output if the specified processor is on line. A value of 0 is output if the specified processor is off line. DESCRIPTION
The psrinfo and pinfo commands display information about processors. The processor variable specifies the processor identification number, which is a unique integer that identifies the processor. If you do not specify any options or a processor identification number, the com- mands display information about all processors. EXAMPLES
The following is an example of the default prsinfo command output (no options or processor identification numbers): greene:> psrinfo 0 on-line since 11/03/1999 09:41:34 1 on-line since 11/03/1999 09:41:34 2 off-line since 11/03/1999 08:41:34 The following example shows how to use the psrinfo command with the -s option in a shell script to determine the state of the pro- cessor with an identification number of 1: if [ "`psrinfo -s 1 2> /dev/null`" -eq 1 ] then echo "processor 1 is up" else echo "processor 1 is down" fi The following example shows how to use the psrinfo command with the -v option: % psrinfo -v Status of processor 0 as of: 05/23/00 15:47:40 Processor has been on-line since 05/23/2000 15:08:04 The alpha EV5.6 (21164A) processor operates at 465 MHz, and has an alpha internal floating point processor. Status of processor 1 as of: 05/23/00 15:47:40 Processor has been on-line since 05/23/2000 15:08:04 The alpha EV5.6 (21164A) processor operates at 465 MHz, and has an alpha internal floating point processor. Status of processor 2 as of: 05/23/00 15:47:40 Processor has been off-line since 05/23/2000 15:08:04 The alpha EV5.6 (21164A) processor operates at 465 MHz, and has an alpha internal floating point processor. Status of processor 3 as of: 05/23/00 15:47:40 Processor has been on-line since 05/23/2000 15:14:00 The alpha EV5.6 (21164A) processor operates at 465 MHz, and has an alpha internal floating point processor. FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: pset_assign_cpu(1), pset_assign_pid(1), pset_info(1), psradm(8) Files: utmp(4) Processor Sets: processor_sets(4) psrinfo(1)