Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Coding Standards
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Coding Standards Post 11464 by himanshu_s on Wednesday 5th of December 2001 05:28:05 PM
Old 12-05-2001
Java Unix Coding Standards

Hi,

I am looking for some coding standards for Unix Shell Scripting. Can anyone help me out in this?

Regards,
Himanshu

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (POSIX.1)

Link to the Open Group (UNIX Standards)

Click HERE to learn about The Single UNIX Specification, Version 3 Or: Here is another link to the UNIX IEEE Standard, an Open Group Technical Standard, Issue 7 Keywords UNIX® is a registered trademark of The Open Group (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Programming

UNIX version standards

I'm new to UNIX programming. I'm used to starting my program's versions at 1.0, but I look at all the UNIX programs out there and see things like 0.000.1 or 3.3.000 and I'm wondering what these things really mean. Do people just type anything they feel in there? Are things in pre-release... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirni
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Scripting Standards

Would anyone have details of pre-existing Unix shell scripting standards. I've been asked to prepare a document outlining standards when writing korn shell scripts & don't really know where to start. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: janmolby
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix coding tip required

Hi! Suppose I am at a location xyz:/abc1/abc2/abc3 Is it possible to move to another location xyz:/mnl1/mnl2/mnl3 by some coding within a script? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udiptya
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Secure coding standards for Shell Programming

Hi, Can anyone point me to Secure coding standards for shell programming guides, links etc etc... Thanks and regards, Vamsi K Surampalli. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsisurampalli
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Getting Started in UNIX - incorporating C coding

I'm just starting a 'serious' coding in UNIX, so what I need is to run a C code on UNIX, What do I have to install (app) prior to coding/running the code and how do I compile that code? can I write my c code in UNIX or I need to have a visual studio for this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peevish
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script coding help?

Unix script coding help? i am trying to write a code that will display following menu to user: (A) Add (B) Subtract (C) Multiply (D) Divide (E) Modulus (F) Exponentiation (G) Exit Then ask user for choice (A-F). After taking users choice ask user for two numbers and perform... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: renegade755
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

UNIX script coding HW question

i am trying to write a script code in unix that will: 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: display following menu to user: (A) Add (B) Subtract (C) Multiply (D) Divide (E) Modulus (F) Exponentiation (G) Exit Then ask user for choice (A-F). After taking... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renegade755
5 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Coding Style at UNIX.com forums

Hi, as I mentioned in this thread(https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/280737-awk-function-return-permutations-n-items-out-m.html), a helpful coding style may improve overall value and support for people who come here and want to learn things the participants from unix.com have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stomp
2 Replies
SDP(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    SDP(1)

NAME
sdp -- scripting definition (sdef) processor SYNOPSIS
sdp -f {ahst} [-o directory | file | -] [options...] [file] DESCRIPTION
sdp transforms a scripting definition (``sdef'') file, or standard input if none is specified, into a variety of other formats for use with a scriptable application. The options are as follows: -f format Specify the output format. The format may be one or more of the following. Use these when you want to create a scriptable applica- tion: a Rez(1) input describing an 'aete' resource. s Cocoa Scripting ``.scriptSuite'' file. t Cocoa Scripting ``.scriptTerminology'' file. These formats are only necessary when creating a scriptable application that will run on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or earlier; as of 10.5 (Leopard), an application may use only an sdef. Use these when you want to control a scriptable application: h Scripting Bridge Objective-C header. You do not need to create a corresponding implementation file; Scripting Bridge will create the class implementations at runtime. -i includefile Include the type and class definitions from the specified sdef. It may be repeated to specify multiple files. This option is obso- lete; you should use an XInclude element in the sdef instead. -o directory | file | - Specify where to write the output. There are three styles: directory Write the output to automatically named files in that directory. Depending on the input and formats, sdp may generate several files. file Write all the output to that file. - Write all the output to standard output. The default is '-o .'; i.e., generate files in the current directory. Because Cocoa Scripting requires each suite to be in a separate file, using -o file with -f s or -f t is usually not a good idea. Some output formats have additional options relevant only to that format. For scriptSuite and scriptTerminology files (-f s and -f t): -V version Specify the minimum system version to be compatible with, for example, ``-V -10.4''. The default is to assume the current system ver- sion. Specifying anything before 10.3 will use NSString for 'file' type attributes, and will warn about non-object direct parameters. For Scripting Bridge Objective-C header files (-f h): --basename name, -N name Specify the ``base'' name. This name becomes the base name of the generated header and the prefix attached to all the generated classes. For example, saying --basename iTunes would result in a header file ``iTunes.h'' defining a iTunesApplication class. --hidden, -A Output definitions even for items the scripting definition marks as hidden. All such definitions will be flagged as deprecated, since hidden items are usually hidden for a reason. SEE ALSO
sdef(5) BUGS
sdp's error reporting leaves much to be desired. It does not provide line numbers for errors, though it will describe the element. It will not warn you of certain types of mistakes, such as using two different names with the same code (or vice versa), and will return a zero sta- tus even for erroneous input. Mac OS X July 12, 2007 Mac OS X