Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: wdb debugger
Top Forums Programming wdb debugger Post 11431 by Sven28 on Wednesday 5th of December 2001 10:10:09 AM
Old 12-05-2001
Quote:
Originally posted by PxT
As I understand it, wdb is just a front-end to gdb. If so, you can "jump" past any function easily. For example, if you are debugging the following code:

Code:
printf("hello, world\n");
this_is_my_function();
printf("goodbye, world\n");

as you are stepping through the code -- lets say you are at line 1 -- you can enter "jump 3" to jump immediately to line 3 thereby skipping line 2 and the function call entirely. If you want to automatically skip a function as the program runs (with no input needed), you might give the following commands to the debugger:

Code:
break this_is_my_function
commands
return
continue
end

That would tell gdb to stop at the specified function, and automatically execute the commands "return" and "continue" which would have the same effect as skipping the function entirely.

And how do i get the line number ? where im currently at ?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to debug with wdb debugger a cobol program?

Hi Forum, i have such a question. I have a cobol program which is calling a C program and in that C program i get a core dump:(. I want to investigate what is the issue using WDB debuger, but a dont see the code from COBOL program in the debuger, when i run the debugger with the exe!!! ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vovan
2 Replies

2. Programming

Alternative debugger to GNU insight debugger

GNU insight debugger is not available now a days and it is required to debug/inspect assembly code as written in the book Assembly Language Programming step by step in Linux so my question is; is there any alternative to insight that I can use instead of insight in which I can get the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
5 Replies
SDCDB(1)						      General Commands Manual							  SDCDB(1)

NAME
sdcdb - Source debugger for SDCC SYNOPSIS
sdcdb [options] filename WARNING
The information in this man page is an extract from the full documentation of SDCC, and is limited to the meaning of the options. For complete and current documentation, refer to the SDCC Compiler User Guide. DESCRIPTION
sdcdb is a source debugger for SDCC. It uses ucSim to execute the program, the programm execution is controlled by the debugger. The command interface for the debugger has been deliberately kept as close the GNU debugger gdb, as possible. This will help the integra- tion with existing graphical user interfaces (like ddd, xxgdb or xemacs) existing for the GNU debugger. STARTING THE DEBUGGER
The debugger can be started using the following command line (Assume the file you are debugging has the file name foo): sdcdb foo The debugger will look for the following files: foo.c - the source file. foo.cdb - the debugger symbol information file. foo.ihx - the intel hex format object file. OPTIONS
-directory=<source file directory> This option can used to specify the directory search list. The debugger will look into the directory list specified for source, cdb & ihx files. The items in the directory list must be separated by ':', e.g. if the source files can be in the directories /home/src1 and /home/src2, the -directory option should be -directory=/home/src1:/home/src2. Note there can be no spaces in the option. -cd <directory> Change to the <directory>. -fullname Used by GUI front ends. -cpu <cpu-type> This argument is passed to the simulator. Please see the simulator docs for details. -X <Clock frequency> This option is passed to the simulator. Please see the simulator docs for details. -s <serial port file> This option is passed to simulator. Please see the simulator docs for details. -S <serial in,out> This argument is passed to simulator. Please see the simulator docs for details. COPYING
The entire source code for the debugger is distributed under GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
sdcc(1), ucsim(1), s51(1), savr(1), sz80(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SDCDB(1)