Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dleting a Device in AIX 4.3
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dleting a Device in AIX 4.3 Post 1130 by djassi on Friday 9th of February 2001 03:14:14 PM
Old 02-09-2001
Tools Eureka!!! The Solution.

Well, I found the solution.

I used the pdisable command and took the TTY in question "off-line". And then used smit to edit and delete the TTY finally.

Thanks though, Neo.

Djassi

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Telnet disconnects on handheld device AIX

I have intermec handheld device which is connecting to AIX Server on port 12431 or whatever. ( oracle application ) The handheld device connects for few seconds and then disconnects from the AIX server. Once it disconnects the handheld device automatically switches off. Are there any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

2. AIX

rmdev won't remove disk device AIX

Hi all, I'm attempting to remove some EMC hdisk devices which we recently had made available to one of our backup servers. This is an AIX 5.3 server. When I try doing an rmdev I get the following: root@********:/dev# rmdev -d -l hdisk495 Method error (/usr/lib/methods/ucfgdevice): ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.J.Hund
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX dump device not showing accurate size

I am trying to configure dump devices on my AIX server. Running 7100-03-04-1441. My dump device needs to be about 2GB in size. My PP Size is 1024MB, so I create the device with 2 PPs. When I run lslv on the dump device, it shows the 2 PPs, and a PP Size of 1024 megabytes. However, a dumpcheck... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
4 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 7.2 - Error initializing a device into the kernel.

On a fresh bare metal (no LPARs) install of AIX 7.2 running cfgmgr is returning.. # cfgmgr Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgstorfworkcom -l sfwcomm2 ): 0514-040 Error initializing a device into the kernel. Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgstorfworkcom -l sfwcomm3 ): ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX - NIC device explanation need

Hello, I have some doubt about the NIC device on my AIX box. When using lsdev command / > lsdev -Cc adapter | grep en ent0 Available 03-00 2-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI-Express Adapter (14104003) ent1 Available 03-01 2-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI-Express Adapter (14104003) ent2... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
11 Replies
SYSTEMD-TTY-ASK-PASSWORD-AGENT(1)			  systemd-tty-ask-password-agent			 SYSTEMD-TTY-ASK-PASSWORD-AGENT(1)

NAME
systemd-tty-ask-password-agent - List or process pending systemd password requests SYNOPSIS
systemd-tty-ask-password-agent [OPTIONS...] [VARIABLE=VALUE...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-tty-ask-password-agent is a password agent that handles password requests of the system, for example for hard disk encryption passwords or SSL certificate passwords that need to be queried at boot-time or during runtime. systemd-tty-ask-password-agent implements the Password Agents Specification[1], and is one of many possible response agents which answer to queries formulated with systemd-ask-password(1). OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --list Lists all currently pending system password requests. --query Process all currently pending system password requests by querying the user on the calling TTY. --watch Continuously process password requests. --wall Forward password requests to wall(1) instead of querying the user on the calling TTY. --plymouth Ask question with plymouth(8) instead of querying the user on the calling TTY. --console Ask question on /dev/console instead of querying the user on the calling TTY. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), systemd-ask-password-console.service(8), wall(1), plymouth(8) NOTES
1. Password Agents Specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents systemd 237 SYSTEMD-TTY-ASK-PASSWORD-AGENT(1)