Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple Programming
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simple Programming Post 11178 by JSP on Thursday 29th of November 2001 11:19:19 PM
Old 11-30-2001
Question Simple Programming

I am writing a simple shell program using the

if

then

else

How do I use input in the program without using read?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c programming or unix programming!?

i would like advice on the usbject of c programming (in the middle of reading a book on C). could i benefit more if i apply that knowledge in the unix format if i were able to, or would that take the point out of learning C, basically I want to stay away from strying too far away from unix and use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple to you not simple to me pattern matchin help

hey all, im new and my first question is: say i have a word "blahblah" how do i get and replace the last letter of the word with say k, so replace the h with a k. However you cant just replace the h it has to change the LAST LETTER of the word. Cheers In advance. :b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aleks001
0 Replies

4. Programming

newbie to unix programming in C, needed a few simple prgs on these functions!

Hi all, I am a newbie to unix programming using C.. So i would like to have a few simple C programs to start off with.. I wanted programs on learning , abort,kill and raise,alarm and pause,I would also like to know how to use the vfork() in a prg It would be really great if i can have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple socket programming in perl

hi i want to write simple socket program which will listen on socket . here is the code ## read msg on socket #! /usr/bin/perl use IO::Socket::INET; my $MySocket= IO::Socket::INET->new(LocalPort=>1234, Proto=>'udp') ; while ()... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

7. Programming

C Programming - Hardware Programming

Can someone help me on suggesting some ways to access the memory content in RAM directly from C/C++ source code. Please provide me any book name or any URL so that I can get an exhaustive knowledge over it. If possible please give me some tips on interacting with hardwares directly through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandumishra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies
DEBCONF(1)                                                            Debconf                                                           DEBCONF(1)

NAME
debconf - run a debconf-using program SYNOPSIS
debconf [options] command [args] DESCRIPTION
Debconf is a configuration system for Debian packages. For a debconf overview and documentation for sysadmins, see debconf(7) (in the debconf-doc package). The debconf program runs a program under debconf's control, setting it up to talk with debconf on stdio. The program's output is expected to be debconf protocol commands, and it is expected to read result codes on stdin. See debconf-devel(7) for details about the debconf protocol. The command to be run under debconf must be specified in a way that will let your PATH find it. This command is not the usual way that debconf is used. It's more typical for debconf to be used via dpkg-preconfigure(8) or dpkg-reconfigure(8). OPTIONS
-opackage, --owner=package Tell debconf what package the command it is running is a part of. This is necessary to get ownership of registered questions right, and to support unregister and purge commands properly. -ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. -pvalue, --priority=value Specify the minimum priority of question that will be displayed. --terse Enables terse output mode. This affects only some frontends. EXAMPLES
To debug a shell script that uses debconf, you might use: DEBCONF_DEBUG=developer debconf my-shell-prog Or, you might use this: debconf --frontend=readline sh -x my-shell-prog SEE ALSO
debconf-devel(7), debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DEBCONF(1)