Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP query
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users FTP query Post 11146 by LivinFree on Thursday 29th of November 2001 03:50:13 PM
Old 11-29-2001
Try somthing like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
ftp -v 10.10.10.127 <<EoF >log.file 2>&1
user pass
ascii
cd blah/goober/whee
get whee.blah
dir
bye
EoF

Let me know if you have any questions about this, or you have more problems.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH n FTP query

Hi, I have this slightly modified FTP code (thanks to this forum) function gather_FTPDate { HOST= USER= PASSWD= exec 4>${TEMP_LOG_FILE} ftp -nv >&4 2>&4 |& echo $? if ] then echo "Unable to connect to FTP server!!!" >> ${LOG_FILE} return 0 fi print -p open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psynaps3
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP inv tee Query

Hi, This is part of a ftp script, Can someone please explain what is its functionality or the basic idea behind it and please throw some light on the inv & tee function marked in red. echo "bye" ) | ftp -inv | tee -a ${DOWNLOAD_LOG} | awk '{ print $0 } /^5.*/ { print "\n\t\t\tFTP session had... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: openspark
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using FTP to check whether file is completely FTP... plz find the description below

Hi, We have some clients who will place huge files in to one of the remote server. And the shell script written in our local server to retrieve client files (using FTP) placed on one of the remote server of ours by clients. My question Is there any FTP command/script to check from my local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmsrao
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query related to ftp script

Hi, I was planning to write a FTP script that will FTP files to destination folder. All configuration should be done through a properties files, I have developed two files under /home/499633/scripts) scripts folder, and my main file(ftp_script.sh) should read the properties from the properties... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Query

Hi, I have to migrate the scripts from source(HP UX) to destination(Linux) some files. While ftp and downloading the files, the permissions of the files are changing. Is there any option in ftp to get the file in exact permissions. I believe we can achieve it by using tar, however i am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Perform SQL query then FTP

Hi All, Would like to ask if its possible to perform sql query in another machine and then the output will be sent back to local via ftp. Machine1 - home server Machine2 - 2nd server Scenario: will perform sql query in Machine2 then put it into temp table then the temp table will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
2 Replies
CPANPLUS::Internals::Utils(3perl)			 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			 CPANPLUS::Internals::Utils(3perl)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Internals::Utils - convenience functions for CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
my $bool = $cb->_mkdir( dir => 'blah' ); my $bool = $cb->_chdir( dir => 'blah' ); my $bool = $cb->_rmdir( dir => 'blah' ); my $bool = $cb->_move( from => '/some/file', to => '/other/file' ); my $bool = $cb->_move( from => '/some/dir', to => '/other/dir' ); my $cont = $cb->_get_file_contents( file => '/path/to/file' ); my $version = $cb->_perl_version( perl => $^X ); DESCRIPTION
"CPANPLUS::Internals::Utils" holds a few convenience functions for CPANPLUS libraries. METHODS
$cb->_mkdir( dir => '/some/dir' ) "_mkdir" creates a full path to a directory. Returns true on success, false on failure. $cb->_chdir( dir => '/some/dir' ) "_chdir" changes directory to a dir. Returns true on success, false on failure. $cb->_rmdir( dir => '/some/dir' ); Removes a directory completely, even if it is non-empty. Returns true on success, false on failure. $cb->_perl_version ( perl => 'some/perl/binary' ); "_perl_version" returns the version of a certain perl binary. It does this by actually running a command. Returns the perl version on success and false on failure. $cb->_version_to_number( version => $version ); Returns a proper module version, or '0.0' if none was available. $cb->_whoami Returns the name of the subroutine you're currently in. _get_file_contents( file => $file ); Returns the contents of a file $cb->_move( from => $file|$dir, to => $target ); Moves a file or directory to the target. Returns true on success, false on failure. $cb->_copy( from => $file|$dir, to => $target ); Moves a file or directory to the target. Returns true on success, false on failure. $cb->_mode_plus_w( file => '/path/to/file' ); Sets the +w bit for the file. Returns true on success, false on failure. $uri = $cb->_host_to_uri( scheme => SCHEME, host => HOST, path => PATH ); Turns a CPANPLUS::Config style "host" entry into an URI string. Returns the uri on success, and false on failure $cb->_vcmp( VERSION, VERSION ); Normalizes the versions passed and does a '<=>' on them, returning the result. $cb->_home_dir Returns the user's homedir, or "cwd" if it could not be found $path = $cb->_safe_path( path => $path ); Returns a path that's safe to us on Win32 and VMS. Only cleans up the path on Win32 if the path exists. On VMS, it encodes dots to _ using "VMS::Filespec::vmsify" ($pkg, $version, $ext) = $cb->_split_package_string( package => PACKAGE_STRING ); Splits the name of a CPAN package string up into its package, version and extension parts. For example, "Foo-Bar-1.2.tar.gz" would return the following parts: Package: Foo-Bar Version: 1.2 Extension: tar.gz perl v5.14.2 2014-09-29 CPANPLUS::Internals::Utils(3perl)