Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: configure errors
Top Forums Programming configure errors Post 11090 by jApHEth on Wednesday 28th of November 2001 09:17:50 PM
Old 11-28-2001
thalex> thank you for you reply Smilie

i think that's the way, when i ls the /usr/ccs/bin directory, i found there is not as, ar...etc except ld & m4 ;(
(but i've found them in a solaris7 box before.)
i think i should install binutils that include these binnary such as as,ar...

ps,
i need a gcc to compile a gcc to work for me, it's a nice ideal Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP configure

Hi people I am having problems getting a few Sun Station to work again. We just moved to a new building with new IPs and new gateways. I need to change all these settings. Could some one please tel me what files I have to change. It is a Solaris 5.7 machine. Thanx O:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orange
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Configure e-mail

Hi, I don't know if this is appropriate for this forum but here goes anyway. I'm setting up a red hat server and want to be able to send and receive e-mail from it, perhaps even regardless of user accounts. Trouble is I know nothing. I'm welcome to pointers, links, books, tips, tricks, full... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phineus
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

4. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

6. Solaris

How to configure Xming

Hi , I installed Xming on my laptop . I have a remote server Sun Solaris 10, When I lanch xlaunch and do these export DISPLAY=10.149.132.111:0.0 xterm & Myserver:/Allsuite/test/dev/ENV23>xterm & 15071 Myserver:/Allsuite/test/dev/ENV23>bash: xterm: command not found It works fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to configure mailserver

Hi All, Can you please help me in configuring mail server on Solaris 10? Will appreciate if I can get some link which can explain the steps Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compilation errors in running configure script

Hi all, I tried to cross compile Ghostscript-8.54 source. I am getting some errors during cross compilation. I have pasted the errors below. CC=arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc LD=arm-unknown-linux-gnu-ld ./configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-unknown-linux-gnu --without-x && make ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva4ever
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure virtual ip - second ip

Hello Group, Could you please help me with the procedure to configure a virtual ip (second ip) under the same interface in Solaris 11. Thanks in advance ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csierra
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./configure

hello, I'm trying install apache http server version 2.2.22. I downloaded the file httpd-2.2.22.tar.bz2. I unzipped this file.. When I type "./configure", the following error occurs: # ./configure --prefix=/opt/work/apache2.2.22 checking for chosen layout... Apache checking for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adriano Schmidt
1 Replies
cc(1B)						     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						    cc(1B)

NAME
cc - C compiler SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/cc [options] DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/cc is the interface to the BSD Compatibility Package C compiler. It is a script that looks for the link /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc to the C compiler. The /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc link is available only with the SPROcc package, whose default location is /opt/SUNWspro. The /usr/ucb/cc interface is identical to /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc, except that BSD headers are used and BSD libraries are linked before base libraries. The /opt/SUNWspro/man/man1/acc.1 man page is available only with the SPROcc package. OPTIONS
The /usr/ucb/cc interface accepts the same options as /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc, with the following exceptions: -Idir Search dir for included files whose names do not begin with a slash (/) prior to searching the usual directories. The directories for multiple -I options are searched in the order specified. The preprocessor first searches for #include files in the directory containing sourcefile, and then in directories named with -I options (if any), then /usr/ucbinclude, and finally, in /usr/include. -Ldir Add dir to the list of directories searched for libraries by /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc. This option is passed to /usr/ccs/bin/ld and /usr/lib. Directories specified with this option are searched before /usr/ucblib and /usr/lib. -Y P, dir Change the default directory used for finding libraries. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful compilation or link edit. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/usr/ccs/bin/ld link editor /usr/lib/libc C library /usr/ucbinclude BSD Compatibility directory for header files /usr/ucblib BSD Compatibility directory for libraries /usr/ucblib/libucb BSD Compatibility C library /usr/lib/libsocket library containing socket routines /usr/lib/libnsl library containing network functions /usr/lib/libelf library containing routines to process ELF object files /usr/lib/libaio library containing asynchronous I/O routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ld(1), a.out(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The -Y P, dir option may have unexpected results and should not be used. SunOS 5.10 24 Feb 1998 cc(1B)