Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I neede help!!!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I neede help!!! Post 10854 by LivinFree on Thursday 22nd of November 2001 05:55:41 AM
Old 11-22-2001
I have never used an Ultrix system before, but it looks like you can use :
Code:
? passwd

To get more help on passwd. Perhaps it will let you set/reset a password from there. If not do a ? init, ? boot... anything that will give you an idea of how to get to single-user mode.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to find one command from multiple files and need to print that file which contains neede com

Hi all i need your help .. I am having a multiple file in directory and i have find out the Rcopy word from these files and need to print those files which contains the Rcopy word Thanks and regards Vijay sahu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Figure out the minimum os version neede to run executable or link library.

Hello, I need to figure out the minimum OS version needed to run some executable. For the following OS: Linux, AIX, Solaris. For example how do I know the minimum OS version for /bin/ls ? "file" command does not give me much information. There are some tools that are helpful for understanding... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
4 Replies
NNTP-PULL(1)							 nntp-pull manual						      NNTP-PULL(1)

NAME
nntp-pull - fetch articles from the server to the mbox SYNOPSIS
nntp-pull [options...] groupname [groupname...] DESCRIPTION
Fetch messages from the server and save them into the mailbox (mbox format). Every argument is supposed to be a name of group, optionally followed by a '>' character and mbox filename. If the mbox filename is omitted, it defaults to the name of the group. Besides global options (described in sinntp(1)), nntp-pull command takes following options: --limit=N Pull at most N messages. --reget Start from the first available message. EXAMPLES
nntp-pull --server=news.example.org --limit=50 'comp.os.linux>os-linux' Fetches at most the 50 newest articles from the newsgroup comp.os.linux located on news.example.org server and appends them to the os-linux mailbox file. nntp-pull --server=news.example.net --reget --limit=3 comp.os.windows Fetches at most the 3 oldest articles from the newsgroup comp.os.windows located on news.example.net server and appends them to the comp.os.windows mailbox file. SEE ALSO
sinntp(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009, 2010, 2011 Piotr Lewandowski, Jakub Wilk nntp-pull 1.5 2012-04-18 NNTP-PULL(1)