Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking troubles networking Windows machines to RH7.1 Linux Post 10828 by PxT on Wednesday 21st of November 2001 04:03:11 PM
Old 11-21-2001
Check out the SMB HOWTO: http://www.linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/SMB-HOWTO.html

or the Documentation of www.samba.org

for tons of info.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Networking UNIX with WINDOWS

I am not that great with unix yet, We use them to run our test equipnemt for work. I am now trying to set them all up on the same network (hub) Is there a way that you can make the Windows unit see the Unix Box? I can only transfer file through a FTP program from the Unix to windows. ( This all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrb22250
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking Linux 2 windows server

How do i network my linux 7 machine to a windows 98 server.I can ping them but how do i see them in explorer and how can i surf in netscape on my linux machine? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

networking linux to windows server

I have a linux 7 machine and i want to able to connect it to my windows 98 server.What do i do.They can ping each other but how do i make them see each other e.g be able to copy and send files to each other and surf??? how do i set up netscape to connect to my servers web server??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Troubles Installing RH7.2

Hi all, OK, I have two boxes; one P-III(600Mhz/384M Ram/XP) and the other an AMD-K6-2(500Mhz). I'm also utilising a KVM (2-port) switch and have a MS keyboard and MS mouse connected. When I attempt to install RH 7.2 (on the AMD box) the mouse cursor takes off to the top-right of the console... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cameron
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mandrake and Windows XP networking

I have a main computer which is running windows xp and has my internet connection. I also have my laptop which is running mandrake 9.0. I am completely new to lunix and was wondering how to network the two together so i can share my modem (can't afford broadband yet) In windows xp there were no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kickyr
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Windows and Linux OS for HP-UX machines

Hi All, I'm not sure if this has been posted before. Anyone knows a site how to do a hardware check (ex. ioscan) on an HP-UX machine that runs in Linux,Solaris and Windows? I'm checking the docs.hp.com and it gives me HP-UX stuff. does HP even supports such highlevel commands we use on HP-UX OS?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grumash
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Discover Windows machines in other network

I have my Windows computer in network 192.168.1.0/24 plugged into one interface of my router. I have another port on the router as network 192.168.168.0/24 where my nas is plugged in. Now Windows doesn't discover my NAS automatically, of course. Anyone know what would be the most elegant way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awayand
2 Replies
IP-TOKEN(8)							       Linux							       IP-TOKEN(8)

NAME
ip-token - tokenized interface identifier support SYNOPSIS
ip token { COMMAND | help } ip token set TOKEN dev DEV ip token del dev DEV ip token get [ dev DEV ] ip token [ list ] DESCRIPTION
IPv6 tokenized interface identifier support is used for assigning well-known host-part addresses to nodes whilst still obtaining a global network prefix from Router advertisements. The primary target for tokenized identifiers are server platforms where addresses are usually manually configured, rather than using DHCPv6 or SLAAC. By using tokenized identifiers, hosts can still determine their network prefix by use of SLAAC, but more readily be automatically renumbered should their network prefix change [1]. Tokenized IPv6 Identifiers are described in the draft [1]: <draft-chown-6man-tokenised-ipv6-identifiers-02>. ip token set - set an interface token set the interface token to the kernel. TOKEN the interface identifier token address. dev DEV the networking interface. ip token del - delete an interface token delete the interface token from the kernel. dev DEV the networking interface. ip token get - get the interface token from the kernel show a tokenized interface identifier of a particular networking device. Arguments: coincide with the arguments of ip token set but the TOKEN must be left out. ip token list - list all interface tokens list all tokenized interface identifiers for the networking interfaces from the kernel. SEE ALSO
ip(8) AUTHOR
Manpage by Daniel Borkmann iproute2 28 Mar 2013 IP-TOKEN(8)