Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Network configuration in Solaris 8 Post 1073 by felida on Wednesday 7th of February 2001 06:47:10 AM
Old 02-07-2001
Hi there,
you must do the above mentioned things, of course, but there may be another mistake you made, if i really understood your problem:
The 127.0.0.1 is the loopback address, and as far as i know, you must not delete this adress, but leave it in your /etc/hosts as localhost.
(again: as far as i know....)

felida

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with Solaris in Network configuration

WEe have installed Intel version of Solaris 8 in a machine .we skipped the network configuration at the begning.we selected unnetworked.Now we need to connect the same machine to a network. We configured the Card using ifconfig but its taking the ip address itself as the Default G/W. I need help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: premkumar
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX Network Configuration

Hi, I have installed a HP-UX B.11.00 U 9000/800 Server in one of the domain. And I'm also able to telnet/ping into this server from systems in the same domain. But I'm not able to telnet/ping into this server from a different domain. So, what shoud need to do to achieve this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
6 Replies

3. IP Networking

network configuration files

I have solaris 2.8 on an ultra 1 and just configured the following files: defautrouter resolv.conf nsswitch.conf netmasks hosts but when I reboot, my NIC still is not configured. Which file do I need to configure to keep the NIC configured after reboot? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkLord
3 Replies

4. Solaris

network configuration

hi again... i configured my network settings sometiime ago using the sys-unconfig command.the active link was rtls0. there was some problem with the network so i changed the ISP. now when im trying to reconfigure the system wit sys-unconfig, it tries to configure the network on rtls1 (and shows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strider
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 network configuration problem with zone

I am seeking help from the gurus in this forum and hope that I can find answers soon. Anyone who provide the answers will be greatly appreciated. I have a sparc box with Solaris 10 on it. We install Solaris with zone structure. One global zone and two other zone. I installed Oracle DB on global... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
6 Replies

6. SCO

Network Configuration

I have a SCO 5.07 Server and I am trying to get it on my network. I have edited the /etc/hosts file and /etc/rc2.d/s99route . I has connectivity on the NIC card but not sure if I am forgetting another file. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewd
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

network configuration

I am using solaris 10, my internet works alright but each time i reboot i keep loosing my connection. I will have to use the ifconfig iprb0 192.168.1.xx netmask 255.255.255.0 up and Route add default 192.168.1.xxx command to gain back my internet. I know there is a better way of addressing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Network configuration

Hi I have installed Solaris 5.10 on Intel x86 machine (standalone). I want to access internet through solaris. How should I configure the network? Is static IP or DHCP advisable? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnl
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Network Configuration

Hi How do I configure a network card in Solaris 10? using the command ifconfig, and also please advise me for persisting this ip address what are the files newly created and modify. I am a new baby in solaris:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinmurali
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Network interface configuration - Solaris 11

Hi, I am new in Solaris 11. I can't even make the NIC work. Here is the issue: Any help will be greatly appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies
LO(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     LO(4)

NAME
lo -- software loopback network interface SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device loop DESCRIPTION
The loop interface is a software loopback mechanism which may be used for performance analysis, software testing, and/or local communication. As with other network interfaces, the loopback interface must have network addresses assigned for each address family with which it is to be used. These addresses may be set or changed with the SIOCSIFADDR ioctl(2). The loopback interface should be the last interface configured, as protocols may use the order of configuration as an indication of priority. The loopback should never be configured first unless no hard- ware interfaces exist. DIAGNOSTICS
lo%d: can't handle af%d. The interface was handed a message with addresses formatted in an unsuitable address family; the packet was dropped. SEE ALSO
intro(4), inet(4), ns(4) HISTORY
The lo device appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
Previous versions of the system enabled the loopback interface automatically, using a nonstandard Internet address (127.1). Use of that address is now discouraged; a reserved host address for the local network should be used instead. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution June 5, 1993 4.2 Berkeley Distribution