Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Installation (Intel)
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris Installation (Intel) Post 10723 by kazamih on Tuesday 20th of November 2001 06:25:47 AM
Old 11-20-2001
Data Solaris Installation (Intel)

Pls help
i've used the boot assistance disk to boot my computer (P3 300)
after checking the drivers , i select the CD to install , however,
the computer said it can't mount the CD
CD is download from sun.com (solaris 8)
my CD rom is Misabushi and Ricoh (7060) ,
both cannot do so,
what is the problem and how can it be solved?
ths all

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

kde on solaris 8 intel

hi. Have anyone use kde for solaris, if so can you help me download and configure it. i don't know which files i should download for solaris because there lots of files. Could you point me to the right path.thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 8 Installation problem on Intel !

I've tried to install solaris 8 on the Intel ,but in lan card detecting that i should give IP address ,it fails & doesn't accept it. So i tried to install without networking ,but after that it has strange behaviour ,( eng. when i want to poweroff machine by init 5 it doesn't do anything) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

3. Programming

C Compiler for Solaris 8 (Intel)

hi I'm looking for a C Compiler that will run on a Solaris 8 (Intel) platform and that doesn't need to be complied. I've tried gcc binaries but they don't seem to work. Thanx. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianf
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 Intel

Do you now have to pay to download the Solaris 8 OE? If so when did they change it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tycobb
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris on Intel

I was wondering what features are not available on Solaris installed on Intel architecture as compared to the SPARC archietecture?? :-) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: encrypted
3 Replies

6. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Intel Based Solaris

Hello all mentor. I am a new in this furom and also just self studying unix environment. :confused: I have installed intel solaris 9 in my laptop and i have forgotten the root password nor maybe the numlock or capslock of the keyboard was enabled during I enter the password installation... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Veritas volume manager installation problem in Intel machine

i have downloaded veritas storage foundation 5.1 sp1 from veritas website. when i tried to install veritas through the installation script.. installation proceeds fine and then when it reaches Installing VRTSsfmh package - it doesnt proceed further it is stuck with this package. when i checked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)