Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users redirecting output to file in network Post 10591 by anent on Friday 16th of November 2001 05:13:11 PM
Old 11-16-2001
Java redirecting output to file in network

Hi Experts,
Is it possible to redirect the output of an unix command to file.
when i "telnet" to a remote system and execute the redirection operation, such that the result should outputted to my system.

$ telnet IPaddr2
username : zzzzz
password : ********

IPaddr2>ls > file <- i want the "file" to be stored to my system from where i login.

Any suggestions
Thanks in Advance,
Anent

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting output file to a different server.

Hi, I hope this is problem makes sense and that someone can offer some advice. Basically i have a perl script which accesses a database and outputs the information to a file. Is it possible to use a 'system' command to embeb some Unix command which moves that file to another directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormrider
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting my output to a specific file

Hi guys am doing some checking inside my script and i want to redirect my output to a specific file for example checking if a move was successfully done and was writing on the screen whether the move was successful or not and now want to write same thing into a file... I am new to shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lutchumaya
2 Replies

3. AIX

Redirecting Both to a file and std output

Hello Friends, Can some one help me how to redirect output of a file to both a file and std output? All the help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Sridhar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: send2sridhar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output of a command to a file

Hi We are having a requirement where one shell script, say a.sh (which uses Java and connects to Oracle database using JDBC) keeps on running everytime. I created a wrapper (to check whether a.sh is running and if not then to start it) and scheduled it in the crontab. Now all the output from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgoel
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to both console and to a file

Hi All, Is there a way in Bash we can redirection some output to both console and the file at the same time. ~Parag (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to file

Hi, Below is the whole string which is to be redirected to the new file. su - oracle -c "exp $user/$pass file=/oracle/oradata/backup/exp_trn_tables_`date +%d_%b_20%y_%H_%M_%S`.dmp log=/oracle/oradata/backup/exp_trn_tables_`date +%d_%b_20%y_%H_%M_%S`.log tables=table1,table2 statistics=none" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirecting the script output to more than 1 file

Hi, I want to redirect my script output to more than one file without printing the result to the screen. How to do that? ex: echo "hi" >> a.txt b.txt cat a.txt hi b.txt :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to file through cron

Hi Does anyone have any suggestions for capturing the output into a file when i run it through cron? I have file called "quick.1" which contains two simple commands to be executed on the target host. And i have second file called "quick.2" which contains the wrapper script to ssh to the target... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandika_diran
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with redirecting output to an HTML file

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm having trouble redirecting the output of my sysinfo_page script into my sysinfo_page.html file. The task at hand is to be able to email both the html file and the script to myself. I'm assuming that the html should appear as a web... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: braing
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to file

Hi, I have created script which redirect the output to file.I am able to get the output in file but not in the format. Output :Content of the log which have 10 -15 lines. Actal :Line1 ..Line 2Line3 Line4 Line 5 Expected:Line1 Line 2 Line3 Please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik771
7 Replies
RSH(1C) 																   RSH(1C)

NAME
rsh - remote shell SYNOPSIS
rsh host [ -l username ] [ -n ] command host [ -l username ] [ -n ] command DESCRIPTION
Rsh connects to the specified host, and executes the specified command. Rsh copies its standard input to the remote command, the standard output of the remote command to its standard output, and the standard error of the remote command to its standard error. Interrupt, quit and terminate signals are propagated to the remote command; rsh normally terminates when the remote command does. The remote username used is the same as your local username, unless you specify a different remote name with the -l option. This remote name must be equivalent (in the sense of rlogin(1C)) to the originating account; no provision is made for specifying a password with a com- mand. If you omit command, then instead of executing a single command, you will be logged in on the remote host using rlogin(1C). Shell metacharacters which are not quoted are interpreted on local machine, while quoted metacharacters are interpreted on the remote machine. Thus the command rsh otherhost cat remotefile >> localfile appends the remote file remotefile to the localfile localfile, while rsh otherhost cat remotefile ">>" otherremotefile appends remotefile to otherremotefile. Host names are given in the file /etc/hosts. Each host has one standard name (the first name given in the file), which is rather long and unambiguous, and optionally one or more nicknames. The host names for local machines are also commands in the directory /usr/hosts; if you put this directory in your search path then the rsh can be omitted. FILES
/etc/hosts /usr/hosts/* SEE ALSO
rlogin(1C) BUGS
If you are using csh(1) and put a rsh(1C) in the background without redirecting its input away from the terminal, it will block even if no reads are posted by the remote command. If no input is desired you should redirect the input of rsh to /dev/null using the -n option. You cannot run an interactive command (like rogue(6) or vi(1)); use rlogin(1C). Stop signals stop the local rsh process only; this is arguably wrong, but currently hard to fix for reasons too complicated to explain here. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution April 29, 1985 RSH(1C)