Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: creating an .htaccess file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers creating an .htaccess file Post 1057 by WhitneyMay on Tuesday 6th of February 2001 02:32:43 PM
Old 02-06-2001
Thanks to both of you for your help. I was able to create the .htaccess file just fine. Now, when I'm trying to create the htpasswd file, I type this:

/usr/sbin/htpasswd -c .htpasswd whitney

and I get this message:
usr/sbin/htpasswd: cannot open file .htpasswd for write access
fopen: Permission denied

What the heck? Any suggestions?

Thanks again!
Whitney

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.htaccess?

For a schoolproject, I have to set up an intranet at a company headquarters in the Netherlands. But they want to give the division in the United States access to that intranet. I have to find out how to do that. I've heard that you can do that by giving certain people access to the intranet with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Puc conDoin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.htaccess

i want to protect a folder on my HP.... does the folder need more than ".htaccess" and ".htpasswd" to be protected , and ask for login and password??? Please help ...... i use HTAdmin 1.2.1 to manage my access files.. The systemadmin cant or wount answer.....:confused: Avenger (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avenger
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

htaccess

Something is wrong. I do everything right make the .htaccess file and stuff, but when I try the htpasswd command it says command not found. I use Putty SSH client and I think server is running RedHat 7.1 with Apache some version. HELP!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: _hp_
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Logging htaccess

hi i am trying to make a log of all users who access my website, i am using htaccess to administrate logins, how does htaccess store a session i.e where is the valid user login temporarily stored while a user is using the site or is there already some sort of logging being done by htaccess. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omnibarb
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redirect with htaccess

Hi, I would like to use htaccess 301 redirect with URL hiding. Ex: when browse the website 'abc.com' it should show the contents of the page 'xyz.com/start/index.html' but in addressbar should show the domain 'abc.com'. I know it works with html URL frame rewrite. But my question is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandranjoy
0 Replies

6. Web Development

.htaccess redirect with #

I have the following directive in my .htaccess: #RewriteRule ^mozrank/?$ "http://www.seobook.com/#a_aid=dh" The problem is that the redirect is going to http://www.seobook.com/%23a_aid=dh How to preserve the # when redirecting? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a captcha with amazon node .htaccess"

hello i have a project that i have to create a captcha can someone please help me do this in my mac terminal im a beginner tell me the steps to do this? in public_html, create a file named ".htaccess" with the following content: AuthType Basic AuthName "CIS440" AuthBasicProvider... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jr44
3 Replies
Apache::SOAP(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Apache::SOAP(3)

NAME
Apache::SOAP - mod_perl-based SOAP server with minimum configuration SYNOPSIS
httpd.conf (Location), directory-based access <Location /mod_soap> SetHandler perl-script PerlHandler Apache::SOAP PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules, Module::Name, Module::method" PerlSetVar options "compress_threshold => 10000" </Location> httpd.conf (Files), file-based access <FilesMatch ".soap$"> SetHandler perl-script PerlHandler Apache::SOAP PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules, Module::Name, Module::method" PerlSetVar options "compress_threshold => 10000" </FilesMatch> .htaccess, directory-based access SetHandler perl-script PerlHandler Apache::SOAP PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules, Module::Name, Module::method" PerlSetVar options "compress_threshold => 10000" DESCRIPTION
This Apache Perl module provides the ability to add support for SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) protocol with easy configuration (either in .conf or in .htaccess file). This functionality should give you lightweight option for hosting SOAP services and greatly simplify configuration aspects. This module inherites functionality from SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache component of SOAP::Lite module. CONFIGURATION
The module can be placed in <Location>, <Directory>, <Files>, <FilesMatch> directives in main server configuration areas or directly in .htaccess file. All parameters should be quoted and can be separated with commas or spaces for lists ("a, b, c") and with 'wide arrows' and commas for hash parameters ("key1 => value1, key2 => value2"). All options that you can find in SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache component are available for configuration. Here is the description of most important ones. dispatch_to (LIST) Specifies path to directory that contains Perl modules you'd like to give access to, or just list of modules (for preloaded modules). PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules, Module::Name, Module::method" options (HASH) Specifies list of options for your module, for example threshold for compression. Future versions will support more options. See SOAP::Transport::HTTP documentation for other options. PerlSetVar options "compress_threshold => 10000" METHODS
/SUBROUTINES server my $server = Apache::XMLRPC::Lite->server(); Returns the server object. Useful if you need to manipulate the server object from your code. handle Request handler. Called by apache. DEPENDENCIES
SOAP::Lite mod_perl SEE ALSO
SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache for implementation details, SOAP::Lite for general information, and F<examples/server/mod_soap.htaccess> for .htaccess example COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2001 Paul Kulchenko. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Paul Kulchenko (paulclinger@yahoo.com) perl v5.12.1 2010-03-17 Apache::SOAP(3)