Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I neede help!!!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I neede help!!! Post 10559 by Rado1x on Friday 16th of November 2001 09:00:22 AM
Old 11-16-2001
1. be detailed in the Subject - everyone need help

2. Each Unix has unique method how to switch to single user mode - the best method how to recover system without root password knowledge. You didn't write what Unix do you use ...

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to find one command from multiple files and need to print that file which contains neede com

Hi all i need your help .. I am having a multiple file in directory and i have find out the Rcopy word from these files and need to print those files which contains the Rcopy word Thanks and regards Vijay sahu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Figure out the minimum os version neede to run executable or link library.

Hello, I need to figure out the minimum OS version needed to run some executable. For the following OS: Linux, AIX, Solaris. For example how do I know the minimum OS version for /bin/ls ? "file" command does not give me much information. There are some tools that are helpful for understanding... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
4 Replies
IM-SWITCH(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      IM-SWITCH(8)

NAME
im-switch - set up input method for X Window SYNOPSIS
im-switch [-v][-z ll_CC] -s inputmethodname im-switch [-v][-z ll_CC] -c im-switch [-v][-z ll_CC] -a im-switch [-v][-z ll_CC] -l im-switch -h im-switch DESCRIPTION
This manual page very briefly documents the im-switch command. The im-switch command provides the framework to configure and to switch the input method on X Window System depending on the locale. This input method is the essential mechanism for Japanese, Chinese and Korean (CJK) languages to enter their non-ASCII native characters. Some input methods such as IBus, SCIM, and uim support not only one of these CJK languages but support almost all languages simultaneously by dynamically switching keyboard modes with GUI. The most desirable input method is provided as the configurable system wide default using Debian alternatives mechanism with /etc/alterna- tives/xinput-ll_CC link. The X start up code sources /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90im-switch which read the configuration file and activates the input method. The user configuration files and links are located in ~/.xinput.d/ . The system configuration files and links are located in /etc/X11/xinit/xin- put.d/ . This structure ensures to have different input methods to be installed side-by-side. im-switch understands the following options: -v Display verbose message during execution. -z ll_CC Set up the input method for X run under ll_CC locale (ISO 639 / ISO 3188). When changing the fallback default for all locales, use all_ALL as the quasi-locale value here. The setup by this all_ALL does not override specific setups. -s inputmethodname Set up the input method to use inputmethodname. -c Configure the input method with menu. (Under X, this uses GUI.) -a Reset the input method to the system default. -l List the input method configuration. -h Print a help message to the standard output and exit. When the im-switch command is invoked without any command arguments, it functions as -c option case. This is meant to be used by the GUI menu. SEE ALSO
update-alternatives(8) /usr/share/doc/im-switch/README.Debian /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/default AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). IM-SWITCH(8)