Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file sysstem size problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers file sysstem size problem Post 10543 by Prafulla on Friday 16th of November 2001 02:36:04 AM
Old 11-16-2001
CPU & Memory

Hi.....

How to recover a corrupted or damaged LIF area.....
because when i am traying to boot in single user mode by interupting the booting process and invoking ISL ,it is giving LIF magic error as i have mentioned earlier..

please suggest any way to restore LIF area.

thanks and regards
PrafulSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hp Unix file size problem

We have two files /var/adm/wtmp and /var/opt/OV/tmp/OpC/guiagtdf Could you please tell me if what these files are and if I can purge them as they are very big and Vi will not let me look at them, it gives me a message 'file to long'. Help any ideas Thanks :cool: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A Roberts
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp UnixWare File Size Problem

Hi Engg. ! :cool: When I am trafering a file through ftp from windows to UNIX having size about 1.24 GB then at the end of file transfer I got a error message "Extended file size limit (coredump)" and finnally ftp stop, whenever on other UNIX server the same file from windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Niraj Gopal Sha
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

file size problem using Apache 1.3.12 on Solris 8

I am running into a problem after uploading files to a document archive on our local intranet. If the file size is >1 MB, then whenever I get a "list of contents" of the directory, the browser returns ""page cannot be displayed. This seems to happen if any file in the directory is >1MB. Every... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gibby9
1 Replies

4. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

5. SCO

File size problem

I'm working on a IBM PC Serveur 325. I have a sequential file with more than 800000 records. The size of that file is 136755200. I wrote a cobol program (RM cobol) to delete records. Now the file has 180000 records and the size still the same 136755200. What I need to do to decrease the size.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royinfo
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File size problem

I'm working on a IBM PC Serveur 325. I have a sequential file with more than 800000 records. The size of that file is 136755200. I wrote a cobol program (RM cobol) to delete records. Now the file has 180000 records and the size still the same 136755200. What I need to do to decrease the size.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royinfo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

file size problem

Hi everyone can you people please help me in the problem below -bash-3.00$ ls -ltr abc abc.tar -rw-r--r-- 1 1hinaa2 17 Jan 17 14:09 abc -rw-r--r-- 1 1hinaa2 2048 Feb 17 07:03 abc.tar -rw-r--r-- 1 1hinaa2 135 Feb 17 07:03 abc.tar.gz why this strange... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

file size problem

Hi Everyone I am having very strange problem I want to know if i do ls -ltr then the file size it return will always be in bytes or it could be different in different scenario. or is there any command which will return the size of file in only one unit. Please help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies
Damage(3U)						    InterViews Reference Manual 						Damage(3U)

NAME
Damage - repairs damaged graphics SYNOPSIS
#include <Unidraw/Graphic/damage.h> DESCRIPTION
Damage objects store damaged areas of a graphic for subsequent incremental repair. Areas of a graphic are "damaged" if they need to be redrawn for any reason, e.g., if their state has been modified or if under/overlapping graphics change their appearance. Damage objects try to minimize the amount of redrawing needed to repair a graphic. They are most useful when the graphic is complicated enough that it would be undesirable to redraw the entire canvas when the graphic is modified. Damage objects do not eliminate the need for an interac- tor's Redraw member function, though they could be used to implement it. PUBLIC OPERATIONS
Damage(Canvas* = nil, Painter* = nil, Graphic* = nil) Create a new Damage object for a graphic on the given canvas. The painter is used to erase damaged areas using its ClearRect func- tion prior to redrawing them. virtual void Incur(Graphic*) virtual void Incur(BoxObj&) virtual void Incur( Coord left, Coord bottom, Coord right, Coord top ) Notify the damage object that a rectangular area has been damaged, either by passing the graphic that contributed the area or the area itself. virtual void Added(Graphic*) Notify the damage object that the given graphic was appended (not inserted) to the graphic but never drawn. The damage object can thus be responsible for drawing newly added graphics as well. virtual void Repair() Repair all damage incurred since the last Repair (or since the damage object was created if this is the first Repair). virtual void Reset() Reset the damage object. Any damage incurred is lost. virtual boolean Incurred() Returns true if any damage has been incurred. void SetCanvas(Canvas*) void SetPainter(Painter*) void SetGraphic(Graphic*) Canvas* GetCanvas() Painter* GetPainter() Graphic* GetGraphic() Set and get attributes of the damage object. PROTECTED OPERATIONS
int Area(BoxObj&) A helper function that returns the area in square pixels occupied by the given BoxObj. virtual void DrawAreas() virtual void DrawAdditions() Explicitly draw the areas of incurred and added damage, respectively. virtual void Merge(BoxObj&) Merge the given BoxObj into the list of incur-damaged areas, coalescing it into an existing area if the number of non-overlapping areas exceeds 2. void FirstArea(Iterator&) void FirstAddition(Iterator&) void Next(Iterator&) boolean Done(Iterator) BoxObj* GetArea(Iterator) Graphic* GetAddition(Iterator) Operations for iterating over the lists of damaged areas (represented with BoxObj objects) and added Graphics. FirstArea and FirstAddition initialize the iterator to point to the first item on the corresponding list, Next advances the iterator, and Done returns true if the iterator points beyond the end of the list. GetArea and GetAddition return the BoxObj or Graphic to which the iterator points. UList* Elem(Iterator) A helper function for returning the UList to which an iterator points. The _areas protected member is a UList that stores the list of damaged areas, and the _additions protected stores the list of added graphics. void DeleteArea(BoxObj*) void DeleteAreas() DeleteArea is a helper function for deleting the storage associated with a damaged area, including the area itself and the UList element. DeleteAreas is a helper function that deletes the list of damaged areas. SEE ALSO
Canvas(3I), Graphic(3U), Iterator(3U), Painter(3I), UList(3U), geomobjs(3U) Unidraw 30 January 1991 Damage(3U)