Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: creating an .htaccess file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers creating an .htaccess file Post 1054 by 98_1LE on Tuesday 6th of February 2001 02:10:57 PM
Old 02-06-2001
Another good option to set for the vi newbie is showmode. This will show you whether you are in insetr mode etc. To do this, type
:set showmode
once you open vi.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.htaccess?

For a schoolproject, I have to set up an intranet at a company headquarters in the Netherlands. But they want to give the division in the United States access to that intranet. I have to find out how to do that. I've heard that you can do that by giving certain people access to the intranet with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Puc conDoin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.htaccess

i want to protect a folder on my HP.... does the folder need more than ".htaccess" and ".htpasswd" to be protected , and ask for login and password??? Please help ...... i use HTAdmin 1.2.1 to manage my access files.. The systemadmin cant or wount answer.....:confused: Avenger (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avenger
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

htaccess

Something is wrong. I do everything right make the .htaccess file and stuff, but when I try the htpasswd command it says command not found. I use Putty SSH client and I think server is running RedHat 7.1 with Apache some version. HELP!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: _hp_
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Logging htaccess

hi i am trying to make a log of all users who access my website, i am using htaccess to administrate logins, how does htaccess store a session i.e where is the valid user login temporarily stored while a user is using the site or is there already some sort of logging being done by htaccess. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omnibarb
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redirect with htaccess

Hi, I would like to use htaccess 301 redirect with URL hiding. Ex: when browse the website 'abc.com' it should show the contents of the page 'xyz.com/start/index.html' but in addressbar should show the domain 'abc.com'. I know it works with html URL frame rewrite. But my question is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandranjoy
0 Replies

6. Web Development

.htaccess redirect with #

I have the following directive in my .htaccess: #RewriteRule ^mozrank/?$ "http://www.seobook.com/#a_aid=dh" The problem is that the redirect is going to http://www.seobook.com/%23a_aid=dh How to preserve the # when redirecting? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a captcha with amazon node .htaccess"

hello i have a project that i have to create a captcha can someone please help me do this in my mac terminal im a beginner tell me the steps to do this? in public_html, create a file named ".htaccess" with the following content: AuthType Basic AuthName "CIS440" AuthBasicProvider... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jr44
3 Replies
AUVAL(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  AUVAL(1)

NAME
auval -- AudioUnit validation SYNOPSIS
auval [-s TYPE] [-a] [-v|vt TYPE SUBT MANU [-w] [-de] [-dw]] [-f file] DESCRIPTION
AUValidation tests a specified AudioUnit for API and behavioural conformance. returns: OK: 0, malformed execution: 1, unit not conformant: -1 OPTIONS
-h print help text -a lists all available AudioUnits of any type -s TYPE lists all available AudioUnits of type 'TYPE' -v TYPE SUBT MANU opens the AudioUnit specified by the TYPE SUBT MANU component ID's and tests that unit. -vt TYPE MANU iterates through all of the AU's of specified TYPE and MANU -de execution is terminated when first error is encountered -dw execution is terminated when first warning is encountered -c continue validating when an error occurs in batch mode. -q quiet - does no printing except for errors or warnings -qp doesn't print parameter or Factory Presets information -o only runs a basic open and initialize test. good for debugging basic functionality -r N repeat the whole process of validation N times. good for catching open/init bugs. -w wait after finished - good for profiling memory usage see 'man leaks' -vers The version is printed to stdout. -versh The version is printed to stdout in hexadecimal. -f FILENAME Each line in the file should contain one complete command. Darwin February 13, 2006 Darwin