Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to monitor if a process is running Post 10451 by PxT on Wednesday 14th of November 2001 12:10:23 PM
Old 11-14-2001
Use inittab, or <A HREF="http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html">daemontools</A>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to monitor the process

hi all I am running a script monitor using source command. the shell script monitor is used to execute a pl/sql procedure. when i do source monitor and then ps -ef | grep <procedure name> i do not get any info but when i do sh monitor and then ps -ef | grep <procedure name> i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

code to monitor a process

hi, I need to change the code such that it becomes configurable to send email or sms or both. At the moment the code works like sending both email and sms for any alert now want to change it to send email/sms as per my demand. 1. Like for a particular alert I only want email 2. If the alert... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madfox
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor a long running process

Gurus, I am writing a shell script that will be used to automate cold backup of an Oracle Database. The database size is around 300G and will take around 5-6 hours to copy. I have finished the script till the copy of the datafiles. Now, I am stuck at the point where I need to monitor the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunpraveen
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor log when Process comes UP

Hi, I need to grep a pattern in the log file of a process and send a mail if pattern found.But I am not able to figure out how do I detect when the process comes UP,it is started several times a day and each time it is started I need to perform this action. Please suggest something. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal bhargava
3 Replies

7. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
pgrphack(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       pgrphack(8)

NAME
pgrphack - runs a program in a separate process group. SYNOPSIS
pgrphack child DESCRIPTION
pgrphack runs child in a new process group. SEE ALSO
supervise(8), svc(8), svok(8), svstat(8), svscanboot(8), svscan(8), readproctitle(8), fghack(8), multilog(8), tai64n(8), tai64nlocal(8), setuidgid(8), envuidgid(8), envdir(8), softlimit(8), setlock(8) http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html pgrphack(8)