Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ls output format
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ls output format Post 10423 by LivinFree on Wednesday 14th of November 2001 02:52:43 AM
Old 11-14-2001
Quote:
-rw-r--r-- 1 tonyt staff 3212 Apr 17 1999 file1
-rw-r--r-- 1 tonyt staff 4541 Mar 3 21:08 file2
Since file1 was last modified in a year different than the current one, it will show you the year, instead of the time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

format output

I have a text file that I want a script to parse and grab only the relavent stuff. No idea where to start.. This is the text file.212 0.00000 ? -> (multicast) ETHER Type=2000 (Unknown), size = 344 bytes 0: 0100 0ccc cccc 000b 5f95 0fbe 014a aaaa ........_....J..... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing output from top and format output

Hi all, I'd like to capture the output from the 'top' command to monitor my CPU and Mem utilisation.Currently my command isecho date `top -b -n1 | grep -e Cpu -e Mem` I get the output in 3 separate lines.Tue Feb 24 15:00:03 Cpu(s): 3.4% us, 8.5% sy .. .. Mem: 1011480k total, 226928k used, ....... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format output

Dear all, I have written a program which access database and displays the values returned by the query . There are 10 columns to be displayed in one row. But am ending with 5 lines displayed on 1st line and the next 5 in the 2nd line. Ex : 21608 10-20-2007 148 Al's Appliance... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday542
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in Getting specified output format

Hi all, I have input text file of this format objectclass:endeavor pid:12345 postalAddress:379 PROSPECT ST street:STE B l:TORRINGTON st:CT postalCode:067905238 telephoneNumber:9999999999... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintoo
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

format df -k output

i am running df -k command on aix machine. i got the output like this. i need to store into file and send that file into microsoft excel.i need to allign properly. Filesystem 512 blocks Free % Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 262144 126488 52% ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wintercoat
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format Output

Hello Learned People, Good evening. I have absolutely no idea as how to do this & I admit that I do not know anything in unix. I must learn this one of these days. Im a help desk incharge today & someone gave me this file to be formatted & I have a file like this. vi NewFile.txt 232... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RTAN
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format with output

I have written some scripts that resulted in the table below (Column1 is ITEM, Column2 is Group, Column3 is Category and Column4 is Quantity) but I want the output in another format: Input: K123 X CATA 3 K123 Y CATA 4 K123 Z CATA 2 K123 X CATB 5 K123 Y CATB 2 K123 Z CATB 2 B65 M CATB... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output

Hello Team, I have the following details in a txt file (please note the spaces and tabs) C1 C2 C3 ------------------ --------------- ------------- abc, xyz 2 8 pqr 2 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: H squared
9 Replies
DATE_PARSE_FROM_FORMAT(3)						 1						 DATE_PARSE_FROM_FORMAT(3)

date_parse_from_format - Get info about given date formatted according to the specified format

SYNOPSIS
array date_parse_from_format (string $format, string $date) DESCRIPTION
Returns associative array with detailed info about given date. PARAMETERS
o $format - Format accepted by DateTime.createFromFormat(3). o $date - String representing the date. RETURN VALUES
Returns associative array with detailed info about given date. EXAMPLES
Example #1 date_parse_from_format(3) example <?php $date = "6.1.2009 13:00+01:00"; print_r(date_parse_from_format("j.n.Y H:iP", $date)); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [year] => 2009 [month] => 1 [day] => 6 [hour] => 13 [minute] => 0 [second] => 0 [fraction] => [warning_count] => 0 [warnings] => Array ( ) [error_count] => 0 [errors] => Array ( ) [is_localtime] => 1 [zone_type] => 1 [zone] => -60 [is_dst] => ) SEE ALSO
DateTime.createFromFormat(3), checkdate(3). PHP Documentation Group DATE_PARSE_FROM_FORMAT(3)