Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Another Listing Question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Another Listing Question Post 104 by Astudent on Thursday 19th of October 2000 09:14:41 PM
Old 10-19-2000
If I had a bunch of files called:
report06/02/99, report 06/09/00, report07/08/00, report0608/99.
How would I be able to list only the files that begin with "report" for the month of June 1999.
It's for my shell scripting program.
Thanks in advance.

b

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. Programming

Listing Files

Dear All, I want to list all the files of a Directory. I am not able to find out the code. So plz send me code in C in Unix Environmrnt so that I can Display all the file names of a Directory (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_sicsr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick listing question

Just a quick question. Is there a command that just lists the folders in a directory. I know of 'ls -p' that shows the directories with a '/' at the end. Though i would just like to have a list of the folders instead of everything else in that folder. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaken
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing files question

hello im new to linux programming trying to list files in a directory i current have the code to list all the files but i do not want the hidden files to show such as a file named .openoffice.org2.0 for example, can anyone help me or point me in the right direction #include <sys/types.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fortune
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Listing Middleware

I want to know if a server has J2EE application server installed, a webserver or any other middleware, is there a command to output a list or something like that. Thak you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eponcedeleonc
1 Replies

6. SCO

CPIO listing from tape question...

Hi. I have this old server onto which i needed to list the content of a tape. This is a SCO box (SCO_SV 3.2 5.0.6 i386) and backup was done using cpio. #tape status status : ready beginning-of-tape soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 0 #dtype /dev/rct0 /dev/rct0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stephan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

listing files

Hi Guys, I need to list out the files which are not ending with particular extension in ksh but the extension can come within the file name. Please help me.. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple listing directory question

I have a very basic question: How do I list all the directories in the following order? If I do ls -l I get different results than I want to achieve. dir.1 dir.2 dir.3 dir.4 dir.5 dir.6 dir.7 dir.8 dir.9 dir.10 dir.11 dir.12 dir.13 dir.14 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Formatted Directory Listing Question

Greetings to you. I have a quick question for the community today ;) I'm interested in the following format for recursive output from a command such as "ls" or "dir" when pointed to a folder: ...but there doesn't seem to be coverage for this type of output formatting in the manpages. Maybe... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
11 Replies
acctsh(1M)																acctsh(1M)

NAME
acctsh: chargefee, ckpacct, dodisk, lastlogin, monacct, nulladm, prctmp, prdaily, prtacct, shutacct, startup, turnacct - shell procedures for accounting SYNOPSIS
login-name number [blocks] [files ...] number file [mmdd] file [heading] [reason] DESCRIPTION
Can be invoked to charge a number of units to login-name. A record is written to to be merged with other accounting records during the night. Should be initiated via It periodically checks the size of If the size exceeds blocks, 1000 by default, is invoked with argument switch. If the number of free disk blocks in the file system falls below 500, automatically turns off the collection of process accounting records via the argument to When at least this number of blocks is restored, the accounting will be activated again. This feature is sensitive to the frequency at which is executed, usually by Should be invoked by to perform the disk accounting functions. By default, it will do disk accounting on the special files in If the flag is used, it does a slower version of disk accounting by login directory. files specifies the one or more filesystem names where disk accounting is to be done. If files is used, disk accounting will be done on these filesystems only. If the flag is used, files should be mount points of mounted filesystem. If omitted, they should be the special file names of mountable filesystems. Invoked by to update which shows the last date on which each user logged in (see runacct(1M)). Should be invoked once each month or each accounting period. number indicates which month or period it is. If number is not given, it defaults to the current month (01 through 12). This default is useful if is to executed via on the first day of each month. creates summary files in and restarts summary files in Creates file with mode 664 and ensures that owner and group are It is called by various accounting shell procedures. Can be used to print the session record file normally created by (see acctcon(1M)). Invoked by (see runacct(1M)) to format a report of the previous day's accounting data. The report resides in where mmdd is the month and day of the report. The current daily accounting reports may be printed by typing prdaily. Previous days' accounting reports can be printed by using the mmdd option and specifying the exact report date desired. The flag prints a report of exceptional usage by login id for the specifed date. Previous daily reports are cleaned up and therefore inaccessible after each invocation of The flag prints a report of exceptional resource usage by command, and can be used on current day's accounting data only. Can be used to format and print any total accounting file. Should be invoked during a system shutdown to turn process accounting off and append a "reason" record to Should be called by system startup scripts to turn the accounting on whenever the system is brought up. An interface to (see acct(1M)) to turn process accounting or The argument turns accounting off, moves the current to the next free name in then turns accounting back on again. (incr is a number starting with and incrementing by one for each additional file.) is called by and thus can be run under and used to keep to a reasonable size. FILES
holds all accounting commands listed in section(1M) of this manual accumulator for fees working directory current file for per-process accounting used if gets large, and during execution of daily accounting procedure contains the limits for exceptional usage by command name contains the limits for exceptional usage by login id summary directory, should be saved login/logoff summary SEE ALSO
acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcom(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), cron(1M), diskusg(1M), fwtmp(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct(4), utmp(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
acctsh(1M)