Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: finger
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers finger Post 10301 by djatwork on Monday 12th of November 2001 11:22:39 AM
Old 11-12-2001
what does sco unix use?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finger and newsgroups

Hi, I've been using unix at college for a few weeks now and I have come up against a few stumbling blocks: - Most unix commands seem to work w/ regexps - the computers I and my group are allowed to logon to are all itsunXX where XX is a number. if I can {finger @itsun88} to find out that I and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_man_who
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finger Information

Hey, I was wondering If anybody knew of a way to make a log of all users who type the command finger username when username is my own. I would like to see who is keeping track of me :) Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanley_ie
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

finger command

Hello all, Here is what I am trying to do. If a user exist, then send an echo "EXIST" or else "DOES NOT EXIST". (under HP-UX) Kind of: #!/usr/bin/sh USER=mylogin finger $USER if $? = 0 then echo "EXIST"" else echo "DOES NOT EXIST" fi (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: qfwfq
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in finger command.

Hi, iam using sunsolaris. when you type finger command -- it dispalys information about local and remote users. but here it shows as can't stat /dev/gold:8664 can anybody help what is the solution for this error. previously the output came. thanks, shan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shanshine
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finger question

How can I change the name in the 'finger' information? anybody has an idea? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksainth
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finger

Is there any possible way to get rid of the header when I do finger ? I want to get rid of Login Name Tty Idle Login Time Office Office Phone as the header. Please let me know how to do it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: felixwhoals
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

finger command

I want to know the correct version of how i should use the finger command in this example below.(os is debian lenny) (nymserver.pl is located in /home/nymserv directory.) the two versions are : (in/etc/inetd.conf) finger stream tcp nowait nymuser /usr/nym/nymserv nymserv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xstation
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finger has gone crazy

Two things : On the first place i am really desperate, on the second i am about to throw my laptop away to the recycle bin in a while. Ok now that i expressed my feeling let me describe you this mad situation. Code: print $1; ("finger -m " $1 "| head -1") | getline userinfo print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beatblaster666
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finger command help

Hi Does anyone know if there is anyway of doing the finger command for all user id's in my enviroment. What I need to obtain is the full names of all users on the system. I know if i do the finger command with no arguments it will list users currently logged in, but i need all users... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m3y
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using finger in a loop

Hi, I have taken all active user list and passing it to below code for i in $(cat sample.out) do finger ${usr}> report.txt done I got below O/P Login Name TTY Idle When Where de4s1 john console 111d Fri 03:00 efr56 ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
21 Replies
MAKECSD(1)						  The Canonical Csound Reference						MAKECSD(1)

NAME
makecsd - Creates a CSD file from the specified input files. . DESCRIPTION
Creates a CSD file from the specified input files. The first input file that has a .orc extension (case is not significant) is put to the <CsInstruments> section, and the first input file that has a .sco extension becomes <CsScore>. Any remaining files are Base64 encoded and added as <CsFileB> tags. An empty <CsOptions> section is always added. Some text filtering is performed on the orchestra and score file: o newlines are converted to the native format of the system on which makecsd is being run. o blank lines are removed from the beginning and end of files. o any trailing whitespace is removed from the end of lines. o optionally, tabs can be expanded to spaces with an user specified tabstop size. SYNTAX
makecsd [OPTIONS ... ] infile1 [ infile2 [ ... ]] INITIALIZATION
Flags: o - t n = expand tabs to spaces using tabstop size n (default: disabled). This applies only to the orchestra and score file. o - w n = set Base64 line width to n (default: 72). Note: the orchestra and score are not wrapped. o - o fname = output file name (default: stdout) EXAMPLES
makecsd -t 6 -w 78 -o file.csd file.mid file.orc file.sco sample.aif This creates a CSD from file.orc and file.sco (tabs are expanded to spaces assuming a tabstop size of 6 characters), and file.mid and sample.aif are added as <CsFileB> tags containing Base64 encoded data with a line width of 78 characters. The output file is file.csd. CREDITS
Author: Istvan Varga Jan 2003 AUTHORS
Barry Vercoe MIT Media Lab Author. Dan Ellis MIT Media Lab, Cambridge Massachussetts Author. COPYRIGHT
5.10 08/01/2011 MAKECSD(1)