Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Data Access Error
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Data Access Error Post 10291 by joseph_shibu on Monday 12th of November 2001 04:57:18 AM
Old 11-12-2001
Hai,

The machine was working fine for months together and all of a sudden this happened. to be precise twice in a week..

This is a SunOS 5.5.1 with Sun Sun Storedge A1000, arraymgr 6.1.1

while power-off and boot up again, the /var/messages shows
'panic[cpu0]/thread=0x3001fec0; trap.....

sched:data access exception:
MMU sfsr=11009b: Porivlege Violation on ASI 0x11 E 0 CID 1 PRIV 1 W 0 OW 1 FV 1

Thanks for ur post..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris 8 hangs and data access error on reboot

Hi using solaris 5.8 on UltraSPARC-IIi 360MHz. I know it is an old hardware but similiar hardware is running fine. here is the issue, System booted : works okay for some time then display was hung so system was rebooted ..it gave data access error. again rebooted and it came up... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Hi All , I am unable to reinstall the OS on my Ultra Sparc 10. After the 1st CD is loaded when it goes for reboot its goes to ok prompt an its unable to boot. What could be reason for this behavior? while loading the OS its seems fine but unable to boot!! Then i tried changing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux: Access time of mapped data

Before I forget, I'm running on a RedHat 5 box with the following uname -a output: Linux gnc141c 2.6.18-53.el5 #1 SMP Wed Oct 10 16:34:19 EDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Now on to my question. I'm using a tool that maps a Matlab .mat file using the Linux mmap functionality and then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rusttree
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

fast data access mmu miss

hello, before i have install solaris 9, is good. I would like to install Ubuntu 10.04 on a Sun Blade 150 blade. I create cdrom iso burning with a 10x was open I made a boot ok: boot cdrom I get the following error: fast data access mmu miss i do probe-ide all reset-all always ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: philo_71
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to login Solaris 10 Sparc - Data Access Error

Hello everyone, This is the first time I am installing Solaris. I have SunBlade 1500 Wrkstn. I installed Solaris 10 Sparc. The installation went successfully but I don't get the login screen. I get the following error message: Boot device: disk:a File and agrs:- Data Access Error Ok ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfsaeed
4 Replies

6. AIX

access data from a new disk was assigned another rootvg

Hello, I try to access to data after connect a new disk (hdisk1) to a AIX 7.1 system This new disk was assigned to a rootvg from another AIX 6.1 system. It seem not assigned to any vg but if I tried to assigned hdisk1 to rootvg i get : Data seem to be always here ... ouf ;-)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Voran
4 Replies

7. Programming

Help with ISAM data access

We are using an ISAM database, it is called RTISAM and has been in place for many years. We access the data using AIX code and using FORTRAN programs. I have heard that there are ways to access this data via Visual Studio and C# with the use of either a FORTRAN dll or an ODBC driver. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KathyB148
2 Replies

8. Linux

Permissions and access to data

Hi Operating system Red Hat Enterprise 5.8, Data access Mac/PC environment on various OS levels. Access via smb I am trying to set up a data shared area where a user group can read and write to its own directory, but can only write to another groups directory. Example: I have set up two... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treds
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 boot problem - ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Hello, We have a T5140 server with Solaris 10 and its suddenly throwing "segmentation core" when I login into the server and not showing any output for commands like df, mount etc. so I had to reboot the server to fix this issue. Please note that there's no boot disk mirroring. But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies
halt(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  halt(1M)

NAME
halt, poweroff - stop the processor SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/halt [-dlnqy] /usr/sbin/poweroff [-dlnqy] DESCRIPTION
The halt and poweroff utilities write any pending information to the disks and then stop the processor. The poweroff utility has the machine remove power, if possible. The halt and poweroff utilities normally log the system shutdown to the system log daemon, syslogd(1M), and place a shutdown record in the login accounting file /var/adm/wtmpx. These actions are inhibited if the -n or -q options are present. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Force a system crash dump before rebooting. See dumpadm(1M) for information on configuring system crash dumps. -l Suppress sending a message to the system log daemon, syslogd(1M), about who executed halt. -n Prevent the sync(1M) before stopping. -q Quick halt. No graceful shutdown is attempted. -y Halt the system, even from a dialup terminal. FILES
/var/adm/wtmpx History of user access and administration information. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dumpadm(1M), init(1M), reboot(1M), shutdown(1M), sync(1M), syslogd(1M), inittab(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The halt and poweroff utilities do not cleanly shutdown smf(5) services. Execute the scripts in /etc/rcnum.d or execute shutdown actions in inittab(4). To ensure a complete shutdown of system services, use shutdown(1M) or init(1M) to reboot a Solaris system. SunOS 5.10 2 Nov 2004 halt(1M)