Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users I like to mount a remote/local diskette...! Post 10225 by Kayron on Friday 9th of November 2001 03:06:38 PM
Old 11-09-2001
Hmmm...

But... I dont`t know do it.
If I must share the filesystem to the server, where I to find a paper that show me how do it?

Thanks, again.

Kayron.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount CD from local laptop to UNIX server remotely

I need some help in emergency. I want to add some software package from Solaris 10 CD remotely to UNIX Sparc machine. I can remotely access into the machine. Question is: how do I insert Solaris 10 CD in my laptop, then mount to UNIX machine remotely and add software package. Please give me the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a file system of a remote machine to local file system

Hi friends, In my case, there are serveral PCs running Linux in a LAN. I would like to to mount the directory /A_river of machine-A to the file system of another machine machine-B so that I can access files in that directory. I do not know how to do this. The situation is complicated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File System - Remote or Local??

Is there a way to find if the file systems mounted on a AIX/Linux box is local or remote? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Un1xNewb1e
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using local variable on a remote machine

Hi, I'm writing a korn shell script where the user enters a variable and I have to create a directory remotely which contains the name of that variable. Example. print 'Please enter variable:' read variable ssh user@host 'mkdir before_$variable;' Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jangozo
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Local Networking no longer possible-Unable to mount location

Unable to mount location Can anyone help with this please? Since recently installing 12.04 from a downloaded live CD onto my desktop computer, I have been unable to re-establish a network connection with my other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to create local mount point at startup?

how to create local mount point at startup Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on xxxxxxxx 370.00 180.08 51% 24500 1% /test (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition local or remote server command

Hello, Can you help me ? $7 fits to remote server. I can launch the script from local or remote server. I would like my_script.sh to choose local or remote command depending the variable $7. Is the function f1 right or wrong ? In this moment, i can't test it. Thanks in advance. I create... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy from local to remote

Hi I need a advice for writing simple bash script, I have a file pod.txt which contains source location and remote location: /mnt/infile/20141103/701_0001.png/remote/tmp/pk21730/p0330223723074.png /mnt/infile/20141103/203_0001.png/remote/tmp/pk21731/p0330223723081.png and I must copy ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: primo102
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from remote to local

Hi, I came across the scenario, that I need to copy files from the remote server to my local. The files in the remote server are created by another job and its keep on generating the files in that remote folder. We can't able to use SCP command and we're using SFTP to connect the server and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janarthan
3 Replies
PAPERCONF(1)						      General Commands Manual						      PAPERCONF(1)

NAME
paperconf - print paper configuration information SYNOPSIS
paperconf [ [ -p ] paper | -d | -a ] [ -z ] [ -n | -N ] [ -s | -w | -h ] [ -c | -m | -i ] DESCRIPTION
paperconf prints information about a given paper. The information that can be obtained is the name of the paper, its size and its width or height. When called without arguments, paperconf prints the name of the system- or user-specified paper, obtained by looking in order at the PAPERSIZE environment variable, at the contents of the file specified by the PAPERCONF environment variable, at the contents of /etc/papersize or by using letter as a fall-back value if none of the other alternatives are successful. By default, width and height of the paper are printed in PostScript points. OPTIONS
-p paper Specify the name of the paper about which information is asked. -d Use the default builtin paper name. -a Consider all known paper names. -z If the paper name is unknown, print it but issue a message on the standard error and exit with a non-zero code. -n Print the name of the paper. -N Print the name of the paper with the first letter capitalized. -s Print the size (width followed by height) of the paper. -w Print the width of the paper. -h Print the height of the paper. -c Use centimetres as unit for paper size. -m Use millimetres as unit for paper size. -i Use inches as unit for paper size. ENVIRONMENT
PAPERSIZE Paper size to use regardless of what the papersize file contains. PAPERCONF Full path to a file containing the paper size to use. FILES
/etc/papersize Contains the name of the system-wide default paper size to be used if the PAPERSIZE and PAPERCONF variables are not set. AUTHOR
Yves Arrouye <arrouye@debian.org> SEE ALSO
papersize(5) 24 April 2001 PAPERCONF(1)