Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Are there sounds in Mandrake
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Are there sounds in Mandrake Post 10220 by LolapaloL on Friday 9th of November 2001 01:45:16 PM
Old 11-09-2001
Question Are there sounds in Mandrake

First of sll, i wan to apologize to all of the admin. or peoples who are noticing all of my posts today, Im at school and i really have nothing else to do, im in strudy hall and my teacher wont let me check my email, but any ways, i just remembered that I don't have any sounds in Mandrake like i did in windows or anything, the only sound, is when i play a cd, and thats not what im talking about. well if anyone can help youve seen me enough to know that anything you can do will be appreciaited. Thank you lots.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 7.0 and X

I have problems. I have to use Mandrake 7.0 for a college course and I have it installed and I can do all the command line stuff, but I want to get to the GUI. Problem is, I can't start X. SO, after doing some searching on google, I downloaded XFree86 4.0.1 and the latest driver for my video... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake and os X

can i run mac os X stuff in mandrake? on a intel computer? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mandrake

I read the old posts about dual booting windows and linux, and I just wanted to clarify something: If I buy the mandrake version of linux, will that by itself partition the hard drive, or do I still have to get a copy of partition magic? If the mandrake version can do it, is it an easy process? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: luke314pi
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help mandrake os

my hdd root dir keeps dumping on me but when i install i use native linux format i i lost again yesterday is there a recovery methead? or a safe mode that i can go into ? i made a boot disk is it wise to let the formater program to auto alcate? give me a 5gb root drive and a 37gb home i relly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 10

i just got mandrake 10 and i installed xine the latest why does it crash my xserver and how do i fix this problem in mandrake 8 - 9.2 i had no problmes with xine until now with 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2004
2 Replies

6. Linux

mandrake

I just installed mandrake 9.2, and all I want right now is for gaim to allow me to use msn.. The version I got now is 0.59.? and I have tried to get the latest version but when I downloaded the rpm it said that there were errors... can someone help... for my rpm packaging I have went to Urpmi and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flimzzy
3 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Loud Sounds can slow down disk I/O

Amazing but true... tDacjrSCeq4 More details: Unusual disk latency : Brendan Gregg Now I know why everything takes longer when I crank up the tunes. :eek: Oh well, it's nothing that a good set of headphones can't cure. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Playing wav-file sounds.

I would like to be able to shell out to the command line and play sounds. After installing "sox" I can now do this using the play command. Is there a way to stop the playing once it starts? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newyorkpaulie
5 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specified size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=RFILE base size on RFILE -s, --size=SIZE set or adjust the file size by SIZE bytes --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit The SIZE argument is an integer and optional unit (example: 10K is 10*1024). Units are K,M,G,T,P,E,Z,Y (powers of 1024) or KB,MB,... (pow- ers of 1000). SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: '+' extend by, '-' reduce by, '<' at most, '>' at least, '/' round down to multiple of, '%' round up to multiple of. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report truncate translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/truncate> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) truncate invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 TRUNCATE(1)