Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: root privilege
Operating Systems Solaris root privilege Post 102132 by deepshree on Thursday 16th of March 2006 12:01:30 AM
Old 03-16-2006
Bug privilages to root

Hello I think you can try making a user belong to the root users group or give a give root users uid to the user this should solve your problem

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shutdown Privilege

Friends, I have to grant SHUTDOWN privilege to an ordinary user. How this can be achieved? J1yant (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j1yant
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shutdown Privilege

Dear all, An ordinary user can shutdown the UNIX MACHINE ? SCO UNIXWARE 7.0. what has to be done to privilage for an ordinary user to SHUTDOWN the PC?? i would be thankful if i will get a solution. with regards, konda. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: konda
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run non-root script as root with non-root environment

All, I want to run a non-root script as the root user with non-root environment variables with crontab. The non-root user would have environment variables for database access such as Oracle or Sybase. The root user does not have the Oracle or Sybase enviroment variables. I thought you could do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Root privilege for user

Can anyone please tell how to give root privilege to a normal user in solaris 10? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicktrix
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

How do I run my "SMTP" service as a root privilege ?

Friends , i want to run my smtp service as a root . let me know what r the changes i have to made to my machine . AVklinux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avklinux
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what does the x privilege mean?

what does x(in rwx) privilege mean? just text files or shell script files? that's so confusing. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kang
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the mouse wheel to work without root privilege

Hi, I use a nomachine terminal to access KDE desktop(redhat linux enterprise) on a server. Is there any way to get the mouse wheel to work without root privilege ? I have a usb mouse connected to a nomachine terminal,most likely the mouse wheel problem is not the problem of nomachine, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
1 Replies

8. AIX

User Privilege

How to assign superuser privilege to an ordinary user temporarily (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Block any root Privilege

Hey is there any method (base on kernel) to block adding any root Privilege? only "root" account allow on system and no one can add new root Privilege, ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
4 Replies
ldapgid(1)						      General Commands Manual							ldapgid(1)

NAME
ldapgid - displays a group's list of IDs the way ldapid(1) does. SYNOPSIS
ldapgid [-P]<groupname|gid> DESCRIPTION
The following is displayed : gid=gidNumber(cn) users(primary)=uidNumber(uid)[,uidNumber(uid)...] users(secondary)=uidNumber(uid)[,uidNum- ber(uid)...]. users(primary) lists users having the group declared as their primary group. users(secondary) lists users using the group as a secondary one. OPTIONS
<groupname | gid> Group name or GID of a group to show information about. [-P] Display group information as a /etc/group file entry. SEE ALSO
ldapid(1), lsldap(1), ldapfinger(1), ldapscripts(5). AVAILABILITY
The ldapscripts are provided under the GNU General Public License v2 (see COPYING for more details). The latest version of the ldapscripts is available on : http://contribs.martymac.org BUGS
No bug known. January 23, 2009 ldapgid(1)