Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AdvFS Filesets
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AdvFS Filesets Post 10164 by Kelam_Magnus on Thursday 8th of November 2001 03:28:53 PM
Old 11-08-2001
read below

Last edited by Kelam_Magnus; 11-08-2001 at 04:32 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting advfs in single-user mode

Hi! I am trying to mount a file system (advfs) in single-user mode. The goal is to make a vdump of the partition The command I am using is: mount -t advfs domain#gaston /usr/local/gaston But appears the following error: No such domain, file.... Any help? Thanks in advance Gaston (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmoyano
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tsm client filesets for AIX 4.3.3

Hi, can somebody point to where i can get tsm client filesets to install tsm on AIX 4.3 node please? Thank You! karthik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
0 Replies

3. AIX

Update particular filesets

Hello, I must update xlC component for AIX 5300-03 system. The lslpp command displays following output: lslpp -l | grep xlC xlC.aix50.rte 9.0.0.5 COMMITTED XL C/C++ Runtime for AIX 5.2 xlC.cpp 6.0.0.0 COMMITTED C for AIX Preprocessor ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yac
2 Replies

4. AIX

Merging filesets for OS Upgrade

I have a complete set of AIX install media for 5307 TL1. I also have on DVD the upgrade files compiled by IBM to upgrade a server from AIX 5305 to 5308TL2. If I run an upgrade from the IBM supplied DVD (smit upgrade_all) then the upgrade fails complaining about a large number of missing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: morgan_g
2 Replies

5. AIX

cfgmgr: Filesets missing

Hi all, I have a System i server with a couple of AIX LPARs. One of the LPARs owns a dual-channel scsi adapter to which I connect a tape library (IBM TS3100) and a DVD Drive. I had some problems to get the Tape Library detected but finally I got it: rmt0 Available 03-08-01-4,0 IBM 3580... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendelalexis
1 Replies

6. AIX

Problem with Filesets

Hello, In my server ihave a problem with some installed packages ... /root#lslpp -l | grep LGTO LGTOnw.clnt.rte 7.4.2.0 COMMITTED NetWorker Client lslpp: Error while processing fileset 9f827e6ef6ec223edb338bc4c37632ae. lslpp: No match was found for the SWVPD data search. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boudine
2 Replies

7. AIX

Miss filesets

Hello everyone I updated a partition from TL06 to TL09, everything looks ok. I check the errpt comand, lppchk -v and both are fine. But when I type this command I got this $ instfix -i |grep ML All filesets for 5300-02_AIX_ML were found. All filesets for 5.3.0.0_AIX_ML were... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
3 Replies

8. AIX

filesets nim client

Hello everyone I was looking for the filesets to install a nim client on a linux box. (red hat 5 for power) I have the nim master on aix box and I have different nim client with aix. I download some filesets fron aix cd to linux box, but Im still hang up. Some one know where I can find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

9. AIX

Help Please - Command to view missing filesets in aix

Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:09 PM ---------- Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweetysiva29
3 Replies

10. AIX

Filesets for IBM ultrium lto 5 (SAS)

i connect an ibm ultrium lto 5 (sas) to an 8204-e8a (v6.1 TL5 SP 1) then i do an cfgmgr and get message about missing filesets devices.pciex.1410ca03 devices.pciex.pciexclass.00107 devices.pciex.00107200 devices.pciex.pciex100.72.3 and a few others i try to find the filesets on the two OS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXBlueCat
1 Replies
tag2name(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       tag2name(8)

NAME
tag2name - Display the path name of an AdvFS file SYNOPSIS
/sbin/advfs/tag2name tags_directory/file_tag /sbin/advfs/tag2name [-r] domain fileset_id file_tag OPTIONS
Specify the [-r] option to operate on the raw device (character device special file) of the fileset instead of the block device. OPERANDS
Specifies the name of an AdvFS domain. Specifies the name of an AdvFS fileset using the following format: Specify the -S tag to force the command to interpret the name you supply as a fileset name. Specify the fileset by entering either the name of the fileset, fileset, or the file's fileset tag number, -T fileset_tag. Specifies the relative path of the AdvFS tags directory for a fileset. If you do not spec- ify this directory, the default is mount_point/.tags. Specifies an AdvFS file tag number. DESCRIPTION
Internally, AdvFS identifies files by tag numbers (similar to inodes in UFS). Internal messages, error messages, and output from diagnostic utilities usually specify a tag number in place of a file name. Use the tag2name command to determine the name and path of an AdvFS file that is identified by a tag number. If you enter an invalid tag number, the command returns the range of the valid tags for the fileset. Mounted Filesets Each mounted AdvFS fileset has a directory in its mount point. To obtain a file name, specify the path to the directory for the fileset, followed by the tag number. The full path name of the corresponding file is displayed to stdout. This syntax uses AdvFS system calls. Unmounted Filesets When you use the second form, the utility does not use AdvFS code and does not depend on the filset being mounted. The path name of the file is relative to the fileset and is displayed on stdout. One use of the second form is to obtain names of files from a fileset that is unmounted and might produce a domain panic or a system panic if it were mounted. NOTES
An active domain, which is a domain with one or more of its filesets mounted, has all of its volumes opened using block device special files. These devices cannot be opened a second time without first being unmounted. However, the character device special files for the volumes can be opened more than once while still mounted. It can be misleading to use the second form of this utility on a domain with mounted filesets. Unlike the first form of the utility, the second form does not synchronize its read requests with AdvFS file domain read and write requests. To avoid this problem, unmount all the active filesets in the domain before using the second form of this utility. For example, the AdvFS can be writing to the disk as the utility is reading from the disk. Therefore, when you run the utility, metadata may not have been flushed in time for the utility to read it and consecutive reads of the same file page may return unpredictable or con- tradictory results. [The domain is not harmed.] RESTRICTIONS
The second form of this utility can fail to open a block device, even when there are no filesets mounted for the domain and the AdvFS dae- mon, advfsd is running. The daemon, as it runs, activates the domain for a brief time. If the tag2name utility fails in this situation, run it again. You must be the root user to use the tag2name utility. The tag you specify must be numeric and greater than 1. EXAMPLES
The following example displays the file name corresponding to tag 5 in the usr fileset. It assumes the current working directory is /usr: # /sbin/advfs/tag2name .tags/5 /usr/quota.group The following example displays the file name of the file whose tag is 145 in domain_1 fileset_1: # /sbin/advfs/tag2name domain_1 fileset_1 145 joe/save/oldfile FILES
Specifies the command path. Specifies the volumes in the domain. SEE ALSO
advfs(4) tag2name(8)