Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Is mailing list supported.
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Is mailing list supported. Post 101203 by blowtorch on Monday 6th of March 2006 06:18:50 AM
Old 03-06-2006
If you want to join the forums, you should start here. I dont get your question about the mailing list. Any queries should be posted on the forums.

Cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailing list software?!?!?

HI all, I'm searching for mailing list software to install on my Linux RedHat 7.3 with Web interface if possible. Any suggestions??? Thank you all Regards. solvman (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
3 Replies

2. Solaris

How can I get the supported video card list by solaris 10?

How can I get the supported video card list by solaris 10 (sparc)? Could you tell me that which video card was supported by solaris 10? I need all kinds of video card supported by solaris 10? I find a lot of documents,but I didn't get what I want... ... Could you help me? Thank you very much. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jg159993
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with procmail mailing list

I need to find out for sure whether or not Solaris 10x86 comes with procmail installed? I only need it for mail subscription "Only" WE have about 51 mailing lists subscriptions from listproc. I need help just doing mailing lists. How to best go about this? I downloaded version for Solaris... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: parente
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with procmail mailing list

I need to find out for sure whether or not Solaris 10x86 comes with procmail installed? I only need it for mail subscription "Only" WE have about 51 mailing lists subscriptions from listproc. I need help just doing mailing lists. How to best go about this? I downloaded version for Solaris... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: parente
0 Replies

5. Solaris

List of SNMP Traps supported by Solaris 10

Hi, I want the list of SNMP traps supported by Solaris 10. DO anyone has the list prepared. Regards, Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grrajeish
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know the list of all commands supported by unix ?

how to know the list of all commands supported by unix. how to know the list of functions supported by unix. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with mailing contents to a list of people

I have to create a unix program that will mail the contents of a file to a list of users.The file to be mailed will be provided as an argument to the program on the command line. The list of users or mail recipients should be a ”variable” that is created inside the program This program MUST be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toejam
1 Replies

8. AIX

MPIO - list of supported arrays

Hello, we are planning to deploy some of our databases on AIX/LPAR based servers (we didn't bought it yet ...). IBM's engineers says that if we want to boot them from SAN the hardware array has to be compatible with MPIO but they don't want to deliver any document with list of arrays supported... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy55
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Supported filesystem

Hi, Searching for the support filesystem log on solaris. For linux it is in cat /proc/filesystems. shows supported filesystem and thirdparty filesystem integrations. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarun_nix
4 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to create mailing list in openldap?

Hi. I want to create mailing list in my directory, however standart object classes groupOfUniqueNames and groupOfNames don't contain mail attribute. What is the common way to create mailing list in openldap? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
0 Replies
DBUS-SEND(1)							   User Commands						      DBUS-SEND(1)

NAME
dbus-send - Send a message to a message bus SYNOPSIS
dbus-send [--system | --session | --address=ADDRESS] [--dest=NAME] [--print-reply [=literal]] [--reply-timeout=MSEC] [--type=TYPE] OBJECT_PATH INTERFACE.MEMBER [CONTENTS...] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-send command is used to send a message to a D-Bus message bus. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information about the big picture. There are two well-known message buses: the systemwide message bus (installed on many systems as the "messagebus" service) and the per-user-login-session message bus (started each time a user logs in). The --system and --session options direct dbus-send to send messages to the system or session buses respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-send sends to the session bus. Nearly all uses of dbus-send must provide the --dest argument which is the name of a connection on the bus to send the message to. If --dest is omitted, no destination is set. The object path and the name of the message to send must always be specified. Following arguments, if any, are the message contents (message arguments). These are given as type-specified values and may include containers (arrays, dicts, and variants) as described below. <contents> ::= <item> | <container> [ <item> | <container>...] <item> ::= <type>:<value> <container> ::= <array> | <dict> | <variant> <array> ::= array:<type>:<value>[,<value>...] <dict> ::= dict:<type>:<type>:<key>,<value>[,<key>,<value>...] <variant> ::= variant:<type>:<value> <type> ::= string | int16 | uint16 | int32 | uint32 | int64 | uint64 | double | byte | boolean | objpath D-Bus supports more types than these, but dbus-send currently does not. Also, dbus-send does not permit empty containers or nested containers (e.g. arrays of variants). Here is an example invocation: dbus-send --dest=org.freedesktop.ExampleName /org/freedesktop/sample/object/name org.freedesktop.ExampleInterface.ExampleMethod int32:47 string:'hello world' double:65.32 array:string:"1st item","next item","last item" dict:string:int32:"one",1,"two",2,"three",3 variant:int32:-8 objpath:/org/freedesktop/sample/object/name Note that the interface is separated from a method or signal name by a dot, though in the actual protocol the interface and the interface member are separate fields. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --dest=NAME Specify the name of the connection to receive the message. --print-reply Block for a reply to the message sent, and print any reply received in a human-readable form. It also means the message type (--type=) is method_call. --print-reply=literal Block for a reply to the message sent, and print the body of the reply. If the reply is an object path or a string, it is printed literally, with no punctuation, escape characters etc. --reply-timeout=MSEC Wait for a reply for up to MSEC milliseconds. The default is implementation-defined, typically 25 seconds. --system Send to the system message bus. --session Send to the session message bus. (This is the default.) --address=ADDRESS Send to ADDRESS. --type=TYPE Specify method_call or signal (defaults to "signal"). AUTHOR
dbus-send was written by Philip Blundell. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ D-Bus 1.12.2 DBUS-SEND(1)