Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cp without maintaining the soucre directory tree hierarchy Post 101052 by 435 Gavea on Friday 3rd of March 2006 11:47:09 AM
Old 03-03-2006
it seems issuing only
find <file system from where I want the copy to begin> -name <pattern> -exec cp {} <destination_dir> \; worked fine for this purpose.

Thank you all, anyway!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Directory tree search???

Hi all, I've got a problem, what function do i use to list the contents of all the directory tree (simular to "find")? Any other suggestions? Thank you all (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
3 Replies

2. Programming

directory as tree

hi i have modified a program to display directory entries recursively in a tree like form i need an output with the following guidelines: the prog displays the contents of the directory the directory contents are sorted before printing so that directories come before regular files if an entry... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anything2
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to search and replace in multiple files in directory hierarchy

Hello all I need to search and replace in multiple files that are in directory hierarchy Im using the : find . -name "*.dsp" -print | xargs grep -n -o Test.lib" , I like to be able to replace every instance of Test.lib with empty space . how can I write one liner that does this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory tree

Hi all, The following is a script for displaying directory tree. D=${1:-`pwd`} (cd $D; pwd) find $D -type d -print | sort | sed -e "s,^$D,,"\ -e "/^$/d"\ -e "s,*/\(*\)$,\:-----\1,"\ -e "s,*/,: ,g" | more exit 0 I am trying to understand the above script.But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move all files in a directory tree to a signal directory?

Is this possible? Let me know If I need specify further on what I am trying to do- I just want to spare you the boring details of my personal file management. Thanks in advance- Brian- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto change filemanager folder colors dependent on location in directory hierarchy

Hello, Is it possible to make a file manager use different "colored folders" when browsing specific directories? For example, if I open a gnome file manager and browse my windows share at, smb://192.168.1.101/z/ , can I make those folders appear green? And when I open another instance of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bz43
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a directory tree

Hi all, I'd like to create a directory tree, and define from stdin how many levels deep and how many directories in each level should be created. What I wrote does not work properly:#!/bin/bash #set -x read -p " What root directory? " rootDir && { /bin/rm -R $rootDir; mkdir $rootDir; } ||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NBaH
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

directory tree with directory size

find . -type d -print 2>/dev/null|awk '!/\.$/ {for (i=1;i<NF;i++){d=length($i);if ( d < 5 && i != 1 )d=5;printf("%"d"s","|")}print "---"$NF}' FS='/' Can someone explain how this works..?? How can i add directory size to be listed in the above command's output..?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy a tree of directory

Mi question is how can you copy only de three of directory and not the files in it. Only a need the three of directorys not the files (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific directory parsing in a directory tree

Hi friends, Hello again :) i got stuck in problem. Is there any way to get a special directory from directory tree? Here is my problm.." Suppose i have one fix directory structure "/abc/xyz/pqr/"(this will be fix).Under this directory structure i have some other directory and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpal singh
6 Replies
LIBGCRYPT(1)							       1.4.1							      LIBGCRYPT(1)

NAME
libgcrypt-config - script to get information about the installed version of libgcrypt. SYNOPSIS
libgcrypt-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--version] [--libs] [--cflags] [LIBRARIES] DESCRIPTION
libgcrypt-config is a tool that is used to configure to determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use libgcrypt. It is also used internally to the .m4 macros for GNU autoconf that are included with libgcrypt. OPTIONS
libgcrypt-config accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of libgcrypt on the standard output. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a libgcrypt program. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a libgcrypt program. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that libgcrypt was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation exec prefix that libgcrypt was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. SEE ALSO
libgnutls-config(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1998 Owen Taylor, modified for libgcrypt and gnutls by Ivo Timmermans, 2001. Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, pro- vided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in sup- porting documentation. Version 26 April 2008 LIBGCRYPT(1)