Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming differeEEK!nce between static and dynamic linking Post 100998 by vijaya2006 on Friday 3rd of March 2006 06:22:03 AM
Old 03-03-2006
differeEEK!nce between static and dynamic linking

hello,

friends
i would like to know what is the differnce between static library and dynamic library?
How will u create them and what are there uses?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

dynamic linking in gcc

Hai Friends how to use dynamic library linking in gcc. I have create the library files and placed it in /lib directory and my program should refer to that library dynamically.. How do i do that.. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Static & Dynamic IP on the same machine

Hi, I have a SUN SPARC with 2 NICs running Solaris 9. I want to configure the first NIC using static IP and the second NIC using dynamic IP (DHCP client). Anyone help me! Thanks in advanced. Tinh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinhlx
2 Replies

3. Programming

dynamic linking

Hi, Could any one tell me solution for this. i have a library in my /usr/lib and latest in /myhome/lib/ (thay differ functionality symbols my application uses symbols from latest lib). when compile and link my application , every thing goes fine but when running the application ld... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
4 Replies

4. Programming

dynamic linking of folder name in makefile

i will tell my problem with example: if i have a folder name called sree1.7.3 i know the starting name say sree and also path say /usr/lib. so i want the folder name. and how can i link this folder in makefile thank u sree (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change static ip to dynamic ip

I had just install a solaris 10 server. I set the ip address to static during installation. I want to change it to dynamic but I don't know how. Expert here please help me! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyysk
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to segregate dynamic and static content of a web application

I need to deploy a JAVA application on two separate servers: 1. Web server (IBM HTTP Web Servers (IHS)) 2. Application Server (WebSphere Application Server WAS7.0) The static content will have to be deployed and handled on Web server. These would include GIFs, HTML, CSS, etc files.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chani27
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge Static and dynamic parts in variable declaration

Dear Unix experts I want to define a variable which contains dynmic and static part, daynamic part is the first field. Sample of data dddd aaaa sssss 12345 ssss 2323 234234 4242 dddd 3223 34234 54353 ssss 24234 3434 42342 dddd rwrw 423423 werwer nawk 'BEGIN {FS=" "}{... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
4 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Merge Static and dynamic parts in variable declaration

Dear Unix experts Moved from "Shell Programming and Scripting " I want to define a variable which contains dynmic and static part, daynamic part is the first field. Sample of data dddd aaaa sssss 12345 ssss 2323 234234 4242 dddd 3223 34234 54353 ssss 24234 3434 42342 dddd rwrw 423423... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
2 Replies

9. Programming

Shared, Static , Dynamic?

if I could compile the same source file as shared/static/dynamic what are the advantages/ disadv of each. PS:by dynamic i am asking about usage of "dlopen". How is it particularly diff from shared libs (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
2 Replies

10. Programming

Need help changing a makefile to static linking

Hi all, I'm having a hard time compiling a plugin (softhddevice) for the video disk recorder software (vdr). Unfortunately the last official version of the plugin was published back in 2013 and even worse it has to be compiled against ffmpeg. The last working version of ffmpeg was 2.8.x,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ACorner
0 Replies
SLAPO-DYNGROUP(5)						File Formats Manual						 SLAPO-DYNGROUP(5)

NAME
slapo-dyngroup - Dynamic Group overlay to slapd SYNOPSIS
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf DESCRIPTION
The Dynamic Group overlay allows clients to use LDAP Compare operations to test the membership of a dynamic group the same way they would check against a static group. Compare operations targeting a group's static member attribute will be intercepted and tested against the configured dynamic group's URL attribute. Note that this intercept only happens if the actual Compare operation does not return a LDAP_COMPARE_TRUE result. So if a group has both static and dynamic members, the static member list will be checked first. CONFIGURATION
This slapd.conf option applies to the Dynamic Group overlay. It should appear after the overlay directive. attrpair <memberAttr> <URLattr> Specify the attributes to be compared. A compare operation on the memberAttr will cause the URLattr to be evaluated for the result. EXAMPLES
database bdb ... overlay dyngroup attrpair member memberURL FILES
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf default slapd configuration file SEE ALSO
slapd.conf(5), slapd-config(5). AUTHOR
Howard Chu OpenLDAP 2.4.21 2009/12/20 SLAPO-DYNGROUP(5)