Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dleting a Device in AIX 4.3
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dleting a Device in AIX 4.3 Post 1009 by djassi on Friday 2nd of February 2001 02:18:33 PM
Old 02-02-2001
Network Deleting a Device in AIX 4.3

I need to delete a TTY in my AIX 4.3 system. I have tried using the smit but everytime I try it, there is a message telling me that the device is in use and cannot be changed. How do I take the device "offline", so to speak, so that I can edit the settings and/or delete it.

V/R

Djassi

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Telnet disconnects on handheld device AIX

I have intermec handheld device which is connecting to AIX Server on port 12431 or whatever. ( oracle application ) The handheld device connects for few seconds and then disconnects from the AIX server. Once it disconnects the handheld device automatically switches off. Are there any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

2. AIX

rmdev won't remove disk device AIX

Hi all, I'm attempting to remove some EMC hdisk devices which we recently had made available to one of our backup servers. This is an AIX 5.3 server. When I try doing an rmdev I get the following: root@********:/dev# rmdev -d -l hdisk495 Method error (/usr/lib/methods/ucfgdevice): ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.J.Hund
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX dump device not showing accurate size

I am trying to configure dump devices on my AIX server. Running 7100-03-04-1441. My dump device needs to be about 2GB in size. My PP Size is 1024MB, so I create the device with 2 PPs. When I run lslv on the dump device, it shows the 2 PPs, and a PP Size of 1024 megabytes. However, a dumpcheck... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
4 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 7.2 - Error initializing a device into the kernel.

On a fresh bare metal (no LPARs) install of AIX 7.2 running cfgmgr is returning.. # cfgmgr Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgstorfworkcom -l sfwcomm2 ): 0514-040 Error initializing a device into the kernel. Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgstorfworkcom -l sfwcomm3 ): ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX - NIC device explanation need

Hello, I have some doubt about the NIC device on my AIX box. When using lsdev command / > lsdev -Cc adapter | grep en ent0 Available 03-00 2-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI-Express Adapter (14104003) ent1 Available 03-01 2-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI-Express Adapter (14104003) ent2... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
11 Replies
CONSCONTROL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    CONSCONTROL(8)

NAME
conscontrol -- control physical console devices SYNOPSIS
conscontrol [list] conscontrol mute on | off conscontrol add | delete console conscontrol set | unset console DESCRIPTION
The conscontrol utility is used to examine and modify the physical devices which back the virtual console devices. If no arguments (or only the list command) are specified, the current console settings are shown. There are two types of logical consoles; a high level console which is represented by /dev/console, and a low level console. The low level console is used for kernel printf(9) and ddb(4) debugger support, while the high level console is used by user programs like syslogd(8). Multiple device support is implemented only for the low level console; the high level console is set to the first device in the console list. Multiple console support may be invoked by passing the kernel the -D flag from the boot loader, or by using conscontrol to change the list of console devices after the system has booted. The following options are available: add | delete console Add or delete a physical device from the logical console. The device must support low-level console operations. Adding a device will place it at the front of the list of console devices; the first device is used for the high level console. The console argument is the name of a console device in /dev; the name of the directory may be omitted. mute on | off Change the state of console muting. All console output is suppressed when console muting is on. set | unset console Set or unset the virtual console. When unset, output from the system, such as the kernel printf(9), always goes out to the real main console. When set, it goes to another. This is an interface to the tty ioctl TIOCCONS. SEE ALSO
sio(4), syscons(4), tty(4), vt(4), boot(8), loader(8) HISTORY
The conscontrol utility first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
Jonathan Lemon BSD
April 14, 2011 BSD