Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: No Keyboard in CDE session
Operating Systems AIX No Keyboard in CDE session Post 100534 by hookerxy on Tuesday 28th of February 2006 09:22:09 AM
Old 02-28-2006
I figured out that I have to disable on Windows Keyboard the Numpad, then I am able to type the login credentials. Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How do I establish a remote CDE or JDS session on Solaris 10?

As stated above in the title "How do I establish a remote CDE or JDS session on Solaris 10?" What I would like to do is be able to login to and use the machine remotely using either the CDE or JDS, preferably with out having to use a VNC, and be able to use the pretty GUI, instead of exclusively... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultra0384
11 Replies

2. HP-UX

Can not login to CDE -- only Fail Safe Session permitted

Hi, I am a hobbyist with a very old machine I have been trying to get up and running. I have an HP 9000/C240 with 1G of RAM and 3-8.5G HD. It is configured with 1G SWAP/DUMP. Currently only one drive is in use via LVM. I have not gotten around to creating more volumes just yet. It is running... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dirk_
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xserver connect and run CDE session from Windows PC

Hope someone can help. I have 5 Unix Tru64 ver 4.0/5.1B, boxes and I'm trying to connect and run CDE session from my PC. I have tried using Reflections, and Xming with no luck. Can someone tell me what exactly needs to be running on the Tru64 boxes in order for this to work. Along with what or how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Troberts50
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Start SAM in TUI from CDE session

how can i start sam in TUI mode from a CDE session. i'm using hp-ux 11iv3 i tried to start SAM from a terminal from CDE session but each time i try to start it System Managment Homepage starts , so i telneted to server from a pc to start sam in TUI mode is there any other way to set my SAM to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

CDE Login on console won't use keyboard

Hi all, I'm installing a HP r2660 machine with HP-UX 11.23 (this version fixed by customer's product) and I've troubles using the VGA console as workstation display. At first it worked just as TEXT console, then I fixed /etc/dt/config/Xservers and now I've the CDE prompt for login. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry100
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies
ATKBD(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  ATKBD(4)

NAME
atkbd -- the AT keyboard interface SYNOPSIS
options ATKBD_DFLT_KEYMAP makeoptions ATKBD_DFLT_KEYMAP=_keymap_name_ options KBD_DISABLE_KEYMAP_LOAD device atkbd In /boot/device.hints: hint.atkbd.0.at="atkbdc" hint.atkbd.0.irq="1" DESCRIPTION
The atkbd driver, together with the atkbdc driver, provides access to the AT 84 keyboard or the AT enhanced keyboard which is connected to the AT keyboard controller. This driver is required for the console driver syscons(4). There can be only one atkbd device defined in the kernel configuration file. This device also requires the atkbdc keyboard controller to be present. The irq number must always be 1; there is no provision of changing the number. Function Keys The AT keyboard has a number of function keys. They are numbered as follows and can be associated with strings by the kbdcontrol(1) command. You can use a keyboard map file (see kbdmap(5)) to map them to arbitrary keys, particularly the functions in the range from 65 to 96 which are not used by default. Function Key number Function Key 1, 2,...12 F1, F2,... F12 13, 14,...24 Shift+F1, Shift+F2,... Shift+F12 25, 26,...36 Ctl+F1, Ctl+F2,... Ctl+F12 37, 38,...48 Shift+Ctl+F1, Shift+Ctl+F2,... Shift+Ctl+F12 49 Home and Numpad 7 (without NumLock) 50 Up Arrow and Numpad 8 (without NumLock) 51 Page Up and Numpad 9 (without NumLock) 52 Numpad - 53 Left Arrow and Numpad 4 (without NumLock) 54 Numpad 5 (without NumLock) 55 Right Arrow and Numpad 6 (without NumLock) 56 Numpad + 57 End and Numpad 1 (without NumLock) 58 Down Arrow and Numpad 2 (without NumLock) 59 Page Down and Numpad 3 (without NumLock) 60 Ins and Numpad 0 (without NumLock) 61 Del 62 Left GUI Key 63 Right GUI Key 64 Menu 65, 66,...96 free (not used by default) See the man page for the kbdcontrol(1) command for how to assign a string to the function key. DRIVER CONFIGURATION
Kernel Configuration Options The following kernel configuration options control the atkbd driver. ATKBD_DFLT_KEYMAP This option sets the default, built-in keymap of the atkbd driver to the named keymap. See EXAMPLES below. KBD_DISABLE_KEYMAP_LOAD The keymap can be modified by the kbdcontrol(1) command. This option will disable this feature and prevent the user from chang- ing key assignment. Driver Flags The atkbd driver accepts the following driver flags. They can be set either in /boot/device.hints, or else from within the boot loader (see loader(8)). bit 0 (FAIL_IF_NO_KBD) By default the atkbd driver will install even if a keyboard is not actually connected to the system. This option prevents the driver from being installed in this situation. bit 1 (NO_RESET) When this option is given, the atkbd driver will not reset the keyboard when initializing it. It may be useful for laptop computers whose function keys have special functions and these functions are forgotten when the keyboard is reset. bit 2 (ALT_SCANCODESET) Certain keyboards, such as those on some ThinkPad models, behave like the old XT keyboard and require this option. bit 3 (NO_PROBE_TEST) When this option is given, the atkbd driver will not test the keyboard port during the probe routine. Some machines hang during boot when this test is performed. EXAMPLES
The atkbd driver requires the keyboard controller atkbdc. Thus, the kernel configuration file should contain the following lines. device atkbdc device atkbd The following example shows how to set the default, built-in keymap to jp.106.kbd. device atkbdc options ATKBD_DFLT_KEYMAP makeoptions ATKBD_DFLT_KEYMAP=jp.106 device atkbd In both cases, you also need to have following lines in /boot/device.hints. hint.atkbdc.0.at="isa" hint.atkbdc.0.port="0x060" hint.atkbd.0.at="atkbdc" hint.atkbd.0.irq="1" SEE ALSO
kbdcontrol(1), atkbdc(4), psm(4), syscons(4), kbdmap(5), loader(8) HISTORY
The atkbd driver first appeared in FreeBSD 3.1. AUTHORS
The atkbd driver was written by Soren Schmidt <sos@FreeBSD.org> and Kazutaka Yokota <yokota@FreeBSD.org>. This manual page was written by Kazutaka Yokota. BSD
January 29, 2008 BSD