Is there any possibility that invoking java function in c programm?

Top Forums Programming Is there any possibility that invoking java function in c programm?
# 1  
Old 06-14-2005
Is there any possibility that invoking java function in c programm?

I think i am in trouble. I have to invoking a bunch of functions(such as encrypt, digital sign) from a java file(.jar), but I have no idea how to do that, Is there any possiblity?
# 2  
Old 06-14-2005
If I understand correctly, jni is what you are looking for.

Java Native Interface(JNI), allows you to call native functions from java vice-versa.

Have a look at the sun site for jni related topics/articles

www.java.sun.com

Vino
# 3  
Old 06-14-2005
you are right, JNI is what i am looking for, thanks!!
# 4  
Old 06-19-2005
I think CORBA can do that too..
# 5  
Old 06-19-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaTYR
I think CORBA can do that too..
Not in the way the original poster was asking about.
# 6  
Old 06-19-2005
Why? Doesn't CORBA make interfaces between different languages?
May be i'm wrong...
# 7  
Old 06-19-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaTYR
Why? Doesn't CORBA make interfaces between different languages?
May be i'm wrong...
Not in the way the OP was asking, the orignal question was about a code interface, not an object interface. CORBA is used for handling interfaces between objects.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Java - Arrays.binarySearch function equivalent in awk

Hi all Does anyone know Java-Arrays.binarySearch function equivalent in awk I tried like this but it's not correct one,it just returns array index if and only when searched value available in array, for some reason if searched value not found then I want to return upper nearest neighbour index.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while Invoke Shell Script function from Java Program

Hi, I have create a Shell Script, with one function. I want to call the script file in Java Program. It working fine. but the problem is the function in the Shell Script is not executed. Please suggest me, Regards, Nanthagopal A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with call of Java Programm & return code handling & output to several streams.

Hello Everybody, thanks in advance for spending some time in my problem. My problem is this: I want to call a java-Programm out of my shell skript, check if die return code is right, and split the output to the normal output and into a file. The following code doesn't work right, because in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danifunny
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Possibility of crontab entry being removed

A job which schedule on every 1st day of the month in crontab is being removed after the job run. What is the possibility that crontab entry can be removed? Pls advise. Thanks. This is in sun solaris version 9. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a Java Programm with a (korn)shell-script

hey everyone, For my studies i had to write a javaprogram which reads 2 integers from the keyboard and then using the basic operations(addition, division etc) with them. so far no problem. but now i gotta make a shell-script which: runs the program(compiled with javac) #!bin/ksh java... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simlmf
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embeded programm within programm

Hi, How to embeded programme within perl programme. Shankarao (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarao
2 Replies

7. Linux

invoking a java prog

Can any1 guide me how to invoke a java program from a sh file. do i need to set up the class path. how to include the needed jar files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dine
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Cluster possibility

Hi All , I have two Solaris boxes of UltraAX-i2 and Sun-Fire-V240, Is it possible to cluster those boxes? Waiting for your reply, Thanks Parshuram (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p_walunjkar
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

create thread C with JNI function with JAVA

Hello, J create a thread C with a JNI function via JAVA. J have the following message (but not in each time): Someone has an idea ? Thank. Unexpected Signal : 4 occurred at PC=0x78C103E0 Function= Library=(N/A) NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AUBERT
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

possibility to call subprocesses from ksh ??

Hi!! Is there a possibility to call/start a subproces using ksh ?? Hope that there is somebody to help me. thanks in advance. Corine (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBlueLady
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question