Perl 5.8.9 on Solaris 5.10

Operating Systems Solaris Perl 5.8.9 on Solaris 5.10
# 1  
Old 11-12-2013
Sun Perl 5.8.9 on Solaris 5.10

HI

I am getting some error while i try to install perl 5.8.9 for solaris-5.10 ( SUNW 5.9 Compiler) . I have tried the below steps to compile perl

Variable settings:

Code:
               export CC=cc
               export CFLAGS="-m64"
               export CPPFLAGS="-m64"

Destination folder location: /mpde/sun10.x/perl/test/5.8.9

Installation steps:

Code:
       ./Configure -Dcc=${CMP_ROOT}/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -Accflags="-m64"        -Dprefix=/mpde/sun10.x/perl/test/5.8.9 -Dusethreads

gmake

Checking to see how big your double precision numbers are...
Code:
      CC: Warning: -xarch=generic64 is deprecated, use -m64 to create       64-bit programs
      CC: Warning: -xarch=generic64 is deprecated, use -m64 to create       64-bit programs
      Your double is 8 bytes long.

During gmake , i got the above error so replaced "-xarch=generic64" to "-m64" in all the files in the installation folder and i reran the gmake command . But again i am ended with below error
Code:
      "Finding dependencies for walk.o.
      make: Warning: Both `makefile' and `Makefile' exist
      Current working directory       /home/mpde/gnu/perl/perl-5.8.9/perl-5.8.9/x2p
      echo Makefile.SH cflags.SH | tr ' ' '\n' >.shlist
      Updating makefile...
      /bin/sh config_h.SH
      Extracting config.h (with variable substitutions)
      `sh  cflags "optimize='-O'" miniperlmain.o`  miniperlmain.c
                CCCMD =  /mpde/sun10.x/cmplrs/CC_5.9/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC        -DPERL_CORE -c -D_REENTRANT -m64 -I/usr/local/include -m64        -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV         -O  
      "proto.h", line 31: Warning: attribute warn_unused_result is       unsupported and will be skipped..
      "proto.h", line 41: Warning: attribute __malloc__ is unsupported       and will be skipped..
      "proto.h", line 42: Error: "{" expected instead of "(".
      "proto.h", line 42: Error: warn_unused_result is not defined.
      "proto.h", line 44: Error: Linkage specifications are allowed only       at file level.
      "proto.h", line 45: Warning: attribute __malloc__ is unsupported       and will be skipped..
      "proto.h", line 46: Error: "," expected instead of "(".
      "proto.h", line 48: Error: Linkage specifications are allowed only       at file level.
      "proto.h", line 230: Warning: attribute warn_unused_result is       unsupported and will be skipped..
      "proto.h", line 231: Error: "{" expected instead of "(".
      "proto.h", line 231: Error: pure is not defined.
      "proto.h", line 233: Error: Linkage specifications are allowed       only at file level.
      "proto.h", line 234: Warning: attribute warn_unused_result is       unsupported and will be skipped..
      "proto.h", line 235: Error: "," expected instead of "(".
      "proto.h", line 237: Error: Linkage specifications are allowed       only at file level.
      "proto.h", line 238: Warning: attribute warn_unused_result is       unsupported and will be skipped..
      "proto.h", line 239: Error: "," expected instead of "(".
      "proto.h", line 241: Error: Linkage specifications are allowed       only at file level.
      "proto.h", line 242: Warning: attribute warn_unused_result is       unsupported and will be skipped..
      "proto.h", line 243: Error: "," expected instead of "(".
      "proto.h", line 245: Error: Linkage specifications are allowed       only at file level.
      "proto.h", line 246: Warning: attribute warn_unused_result is       unsupported and will be skipped..
      "proto.h", line 247: Error: "," expected instead of "(".
      "proto.h", line 249: Error: Linkage specifications are allowed       only at file level.
      "proto.h", line 250: Warning: attribute warn_unused_result is       unsupported and will be skipped..
      "proto.h", line 252: Error: Linkage specifications are allowed       only at file level.
      "proto.h", line 255: Error: Linkage specifications are allowed       only at file level.
      "proto.h", line 256: Error: Linkage specifications are allowed       only at file level.
      "proto.h", line 257: Error: Linkage specifications are allowed       only at file level.
      Compilation aborted, too many Error messages.
      *** Error code 1
      make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `miniperlmain.o'"

There were no clue for library or header missing in the error log so i am not able to find the reason for the error. Could you suggest me how to solve this issue.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Last edited by Scott; 11-12-2013 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags and a descriptive subject title in future. Thanks.
# 2  
Old 11-12-2013
Have you tried the GNU compiler?
# 3  
Old 11-13-2013
Thanks for your reply

We are setting up a environment , in which we have pre-compiled SUNW as a compiler " Scenario like installing perl 5.8.9 for various version SUNWspro (5.0,5.8,5.9,7) . In single sun machine (SunOS 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 ) we have many SUNWspro compilers , and we need to install perl 5.8.9 in latest (5.9 ) compiler . We have already installed older version of perl in all the compiler by following the above steps.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Perl 5.10 supported by Solaris 10?

Hi, Perl 5.10 supported by Solaris 10? Thanks, Sreenadh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreenadhmenon
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Make error while building perl on Solaris 10

Hi, I am trying to build per 5.20.1 on solaris 10 and getting below compilation error. Creating Makefile.PL in cpan/Archive-Tar for Archive::Tar Running Makefile.PL in cpan/Archive-Tar ../../miniperl -I../../lib Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=perl INSTALLMAN1DIR=none INSTALLMAN3DIR=none... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikrambhimbar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris, Perl, and precise system uptime??

OK folks, my first post here.. hope the community can come up with a clever solution. Cross posting this in the Solaris and Shell scripting forums, as problem is scripting problem specifically on Solaris platform. I am trying to detect a host's uptime with greater precision than is offered up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yeaboem
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script on Solaris and HP UX

Dear All, I am having the Perl script which is using Sudo and it is having a lot of sub programs. The main task of script is to create create the unix user account and database accounts. Previous version of platform was Sun Solaris, and now are moving to HP UX. I am posting this, to know... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install perl modules in Solaris

Hi All, How to install the perl modules in Solaris? pwd /eweiquu/ocsta/lib/XML-Simple-2.18 and bash-3.00# perl Makefile.PL Checking installed modules ... XML::Parser is installed, it will be used by the test suite Writing Makefile for XML::Simple and then the readme file says,you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date into epoch in Perl on Solaris

Solaris 10 doesn't seem to like me a lot. I am trying to run a simple script to accept date and return epoch of that date: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Time::ParseDate; my($date1)="Mon Mar 27 05:54:08 CDT 2009"; chomp $date1; #Convert to seconds since start of epoch my $time1 =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavanlimo
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Perl comes with Solaris out of the box?

Hi guys. I plan to study Perl in near future, and Im just wondering, is Perl installed in Solaris with minimal install? Cheers. Edit: looks like I have found out Perl is installed with minimal install :) Re: perl in Solaris (was Re: Re: disable processor: msg#00085... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to check for installed Perl modules on solaris?

Is there a quick way to check for installed perl modules on a solaris server? I found using perl -e "use Crypt::DES" will work for checking one package at a time. I was wondering if there was anything else out there? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsandova
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question