, and Merry Christmas
Payment is not required by member of this site (although you can press the Thanks button on other people's posting to show your gratitude. It gives a little bit of kudos to the recipient.
Discussions should always be on the public (searchable) boards so that others can learn from your question.
The questions I have are:-
- What actually is your issue?
- Is this homework/assignment? There are specific forums for these.
- What have you tried so far?
- What output/errors do you get?
- What OS and version are you using?
- What are your preferred tools? (C, shell, perl, awk, etc.)
- What logical process have you considered? (to help steer us to follow what you are trying to achieve)
Most importantly, What have you tried so far?
There are probably many ways to achieve most tasks, so giving us an idea of your style and thoughts will help us guide you to an answer most suitable to you so you can adjust it to suit your needs in future.
We're all here to learn and getting the relevant information will help us all.