Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP UX How to kill Process
Operating Systems HP-UX HP UX How to kill Process Post 98527 by gauravgoel on Thursday 9th of February 2006 12:18:43 AM
Old 02-09-2006
Ya prakash,
you are absolutely correct
the PID is the 2nd column from the left in the output of ps-ef|grep processname command

If still any confusion, post back the output of ps -ef|grep name command

Thanks,
Gaurav

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When kill doesnt work, how to kill a process ?

Hi All, I am unable to kill a process using kill command. I am using HP-UX system. I have tried with kill -9 and i have root privilages. How can i terminate this daemon ? ? ? Regards, Vijay Hegde (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VijayHegde
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrao
6 Replies

3. Programming

kill(0,-9) don't kill the process

Hi all i have simple c program , when i wish to kill the app im using kill(0,-9) , but it seams this command don't do any thing and the program. just ignore it . what im doing wrong here ? im using HP-UX ia64 Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill a process without using kill command

Sorry, posted the question in other forum. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
0 Replies

5. Linux

Kill a process without using kill command

I want to Kill a process without using kill command as i don't have privileges to kill the process. I know the pid and i am using Linux 2.6.9 OS. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep the process id and kill all the filtered process

Hi I want to write a shell script which can find the process id's of all the process and kill them eg: ps ax | grep rv_ 3015 ? S 0:00 /home/vivek/Desktop/rv_server 3020 ? S 0:00 /home/vivek/Desktop/rv_gps 3022 ? S 0:00 /home/vivek/Desktop/rv_show ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_naragund
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to start background process and then kill process

What I need to learn is how to use a script that launches background processes, and then kills those processes as needed. The script successfully launches the script. But how do I check to see if the job exists before I kill it? I know my problem is mostly failure to understand parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holocene
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Cannot kill a process with kill -9

Hello everyone, I have a process that I want to kill. I have tried kill-9 PID but it doesn't work. I have tried preap PID but it doesn't work too. The parent of my process is the process whose PID is 1, so I can't kill it. My OS is a Solaris 9. Can anyone help me understand what's going... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill an specific process ID using the KILL and GREP commands

Good afternoon I need to KILL a process in a single command sentence, for example: kill -9 `ps -aef | grep 'CAL255.4ge' | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` That sentence Kills the process ID corresponding to the program CAL255.4ge. However it is possible that the same program... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
6 Replies
MojoMojo::Controller::Admin(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  MojoMojo::Controller::Admin(3pm)

NAME
MojoMojo::Controller::Admin - Site Administration DESCRIPTION
Action to handle management of MojoMojo. Click the admin link at the bottom of the page while logged in as admin to access these functions. METHODS
auto Access control. Only administrators should access functions in this controller. settings ( /.admin ) Show settings screen. user ( .admin/user ) User listing with pager, for enabling/disabling users. role ( .admin/role ) Role listing, creation and assignment. create_role ( .admin/create_role ) Role creation page. edit_role ( .admin/role/ ) Role edit page. handle_role_form Handle role form processing. Returns true when a submitted form was actually processed. update_user ( *private*) Update user based on user listing. precompile_pages Make a formatted version of content body and store it in content.precompiled. This makes MojoMojo go zing, when loading content for page requests. Depending on the number of pages, and versions of them, this could take some minutes. For 2000 page versions on a 2.4 GHz desktop this script took about 3 minutes to run. delete Delete a page and its descendants. This is in MojoMojo::Controller::Admin because we are restricting page deletion to admins only for the time being. TODO: this method should reside in the Model, not in a Controller (issue #87). AUTHOR
Marcus Ramberg <mramberg@cpan.org> LICENSE
This library is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-02 MojoMojo::Controller::Admin(3pm)