Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Use of "CUT" command.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use of "CUT" command. Post 98081 by gauravgoel on Monday 6th of February 2006 03:46:01 AM
Old 02-06-2006
can u give a sample output as well

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unix "cut' and "awk" in Windows XP?

Hi, How can I execute Unix's ksh equivalent of "cut' and "awk" in Windows XP? For example, I want to execute ksh commands from Windows command prompt. Is there a place I can download "cut.exe" and "awk.exe" ? Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ihot
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut a file using " ", but fields can be separated with more than one " "

Hello, let's say I have a text file: word11 word12 word13 word21 word22 word23 word31 word32 word33 and I want to put the second field of each line into a list: set list = `cut -d" " -f2 ${1}` and I use space (" ") as a delimiter, only that there's a catch: there can be more than... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help for saving vertical datas to horizontal with "awk" or "cut"

hi, i have a file having datas like that ./a.txt 12344 12345 12346 12347 ..... ..... ... i want to save this datas to another file like that ./b.txt 12344 12345 12346 12347 ... ... ... i think awk can make this but how? :) waiting for ur help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with "cut" command in Unix

Hi! Just a basic question: I want to use the "cut" command to get some columns from a file, like this: cat myfile | cut -f 5,3,2,1 The problem is that the output contains the columns I want, but in increasing order: 1,2,3,5, and not in the order I set before. I know I could also use awk,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpb
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange "cut" command's behaviour

Hi, Suppose if I have a file having data like this: $ cat file.txt A B C D And, if I do a cut operation like this: $ cut -d" " -f2 file.txt The output is A C D This is the same for even if we try to get the field 3 with -f3 (assume line 2 has 3 fields : C E F). The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies
load_sample(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      load_sample(3alleg4)

NAME
load_sample - Loads a sample from a file. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> SAMPLE *load_sample(const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
Loads a sample from a file, supporting both mono and stereo WAV and mono VOC files, in 8 or 16-bit formats, as well as formats handled by functions registered using register_sample_file_type(). Example: SAMPLE *sample = load_sample(user_input); if (!sample) abort_on_error("Couldn't load sample!"); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the SAMPLE or NULL on error. Remember to free this sample later to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
destroy_sample(3alleg4), load_voc(3alleg4), load_wav(3alleg4), play_sample(3alleg4), save_sample(3alleg4), register_sam- ple_file_type(3alleg4), exsample(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_sample(3alleg4)