Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automation of telnet and ftp
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Automation of telnet and ftp Post 9796 by PxT on Friday 2nd of November 2001 05:56:29 PM
Old 11-02-2001
Re: Telnet isn't very secure

Quote:
Originally posted by dabrock
Try ssh2 or even ssh (but ssh and openssh have problems with security) if at all possible.
Lets be clear about that: openssh has security issues in versions 1.X. I do not believe that there are any known security problems in the later 2.x versions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent FTP script automation

Hi guys, Here is my requirement for ftp script that i have to automate in unix using shell script: 1) Find the files that atre created one week from the present day. 2) ftp them to the backup server. 3) At the end of the month make a new directory on my backup server with the new month(eg:Once... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koduri0475
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hi guys, Here is my requirement for ftp script that i have to automate in unix using shell script: 1) Find the files that atre created one week from the present day. 2) ftp them to the backup server. 3) At the end of the month make a new directory on my backup server with the new month(eg:Once... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

FTP Automation Windows <> Unix <> Remote

Hi All, I am a newbie to unix and scripting. I need to do the following job: 1. Create a batch file in windows that will call a script in a remote unix box. 2. The script now ftp files from the Remote windows machine and get them back to the local windows. Actually, I have written the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankur
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP automation Job scheduling

Hi, I am working in Unix and Teradata fastload. I need to automate file transfer through ftp from windows path to Unix directory at a specific time, then I should call fastload scripts execution. I have got the fastload script. Entire process should be automated without any manual intervention. It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SATYAPRIYA_D
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to track exit status of ftp automation

ftp automation code is ftp -v -n -i $host_name << EOF user $u_name $u_pass bi mput $tar_file bye EOF How to check whether the file is successfully transfered or not. Suppose the user name or password is provided wrongly then the code should track the error and ask the end user to enter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP automation script

Hi, I have got a requirement like this. a parameterized function custFtp which will take 5 i/ps and will do the following tasks. p1) server name p2) username p3) password p4) path name of the server where the file resides p5) file name pattern the function will work like this. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ani_datta
1 Replies

8. AIX

Automation from Windows to Linux - Telnet and su using perl

Here is my requirement to automate the deployment procedure for my project. Telnet to AIX box (say SERVER1) from windows machine (with USER1) Select the server to login say "SERVER2" su as different user say "USER2"(Owner of the deployed files) Execute the script (Script has so many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nurainos
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP automation with special characters in userid

Hi, i am trying to automate an ftp script which is as below.But my user id has special characters(aaa\$ifg). So it is not working correctly.Can anyone help on this?I tried providing both of them in double & singe quoted. But somehow it is not picking the "\". Also tried keeping \ before the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeroticman
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

EXPECT script for Telnet automation. Need your support.

Dear experts, please help me . I've found simple EXPECT scripts and all works fine. But I need more automation in error handling and sending list of commands/output logging from multiple remote hosts. I have 10 hosts, for example: host1 192.168.1.1 LOGIN1 PASSWORD1 ...... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: starchen
2 Replies
Net::CLI::Interact::Transport::SSH(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   Net::CLI::Interact::Transport::SSH(3pm)

NAME
Net::CLI::Interact::Transport::SSH - SSH based CLI connection VERSION
version 1.121640 DECRIPTION
This module provides a wrapped instance of an SSH client for use by Net::CLI::Interact. INTERFACE
app On Windows platforms you must download the "plink.exe" program, and pass its location to the library in this parameter. On other platforms, this defaults to "ssh" (openssh). runtime_options Based on the "connect_options" hash provided to Net::CLI::Interact on construction, selects and formats parameters to provide to "app" on the command line. Supported attributes: host (required) Host name or IP address of the host to which the SSH application is to connect. Alternatively you can pass a value of the form "user@host", but it's probably better to use the separate "username" parameter instead. username Optionally pass in the username for the SSH connection, otherwise the SSH client defaults to the current user's username. When using this option, you should obviously only pass the host name to "host". ignore_host_checks Under normal interactive use "openssh" tracks the identity of connected hosts and verifies these identities upon each connection. In automation this behaviour can be irritating because it is interactive. This option, enabled by default, causes "openssh" to skip or ignore this host identity verification. This means the default setting is less secure, but also less likely to trip you up. It is equivalent to the following: StrictHostKeyChecking=no UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null CheckHostIP=no Pass a false value to this option to disable the above and return "openssh" to its default configured settings. opts If you want to pass any other options to openssh on its command line, then use this option, which should be an array reference. Each item in the list will be passed to "openssh", separated by a single space character. For example: $s->new({ # ...other parameters to new()... connect_options => { opts => [ '-p', '222', # connect to non-standard port on remote host '-o', 'CheckHostIP=no', # don't check host IP in known_hosts file ], }, }); reap Only used on Unix platforms, this installs a signal handler which attempts to reap the "ssh" child process. Pass a true value to enable this feature only if you notice zombie processes are being left behind after use. COMPOSITION
See the following for further interface details: o Net::CLI::Interact::Transport AUTHOR
Oliver Gorwits <oliver@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Oliver Gorwits. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-12 Net::CLI::Interact::Transport::SSH(3pm)