Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find in file. Does this exist under UNIX? Post 96336 by scampsd on Thursday 19th of January 2006 10:24:47 AM
Old 01-19-2006
MySQL Thanks

I have tried. It works fine.

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can Unix Co-Exist with Windows 9X on the same System?

Is it possible to install unix on a system which already runs windows 98? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ms73eb
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a file in UNIX without find command?

given a start directory,a filename,how to find it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluo
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does UNIX-Chmod in windows exist?

Is there an command in windows to chmod a file to 666 so that when I mount a NAS on solaris, the user can read/write/remove the file from unix server? Traditionally, we invoke ftp from unix to windows, get the file and remove it. With a NAS, can windows chmod the file 666 so that unix can edit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I find wether a particular file exist and size greater than zero...help please

Can I find wether a particular file exist and size greater than zero in one line command. similar to this if && something in one if test .... e.g. if 1.) is it possible ? ... if yes how 2.) what would be the return type in case there is success or failure. I mean if both are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guhas
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find if file exist in directory using *

Hi, I know how to use the test command ( ...) to find a single given name file. However, I have a case in which I have a directory with one file and one sub-directory. I know that the file starts with "fub". The command doesn't work if i call the file "fub*" as it doesn't understand I meant a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buj
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out whether files exist.

I have the following data stored in a file. 1 /home/file13 /home/file2 2 /home/file41 /home/file654 3 /home/file61 /home/file45 4 /home/file81 /home/file43 ... I want to print the first column provided the files represented by the second and third column exist. How to do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find + move if destination path does not exist

hi frnds, please help ... what will happen with below command if destination path does not exist on the system.... find /var/adm/cft* -mtime +1 -exec mv {} /global/ \ in unix its remove all my files from the system from soruce file ... how is it possbile (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find if a directory exist from a list of the path

Hello, i want to script on sh to check from a path if the directory exist and isn't empty. I explain: path is : /aaa/bbb/ccc/ccc_name/ddd/ Where the cccc_name is in a list, so i think it's $1 My command find -name /aaa/bbb/ccc/$1/ddd/ didn't work because my $1 is the same and not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command when there exist many files

I want to run find and wondering if it struggles when there are many files. I have tried and does not seem to complain. Is this correct? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Isql and If Exist syntax error in UNIX script

Hello Everyone, Coming again for your help to solve the below error: In a script, i had created a temp table (Temp_table) and loaded the data in it using bcp command (performed successfully) and I wanted to move it to the preferred table (called Main_table) for further use. hence I have added... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suresh
7 Replies
standards(5)							File Formats Manual						      standards(5)

NAME
standards - UNIX standards behavior on HP-UX DESCRIPTION
HP-UX conforms to various UNIX standards. In some cases, these standards conflict. This manpage describes the methods that programmers and users must follow to have an application conform and execute according to a particular UNIX standard. UNIX Standard Conformant Programmer Environment The following table lists feature test macros and environment variables that must be defined while compiling an application. Both a fea- ture test macro and an environment variable must be defined while compiling the application so that the application conforms and executes according to a particular UNIX standard. Otherwise, the behavior is undefined. Standard Feature Test Macros to be Environment variable defined during compilation to be set UNIX 95 _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED=1 UNIX95 or UNIX_STD=95 or UNIX_STD=1995 UNIX 2003 _XOPEN_SOURCE=600 UNIX_STD=2003 The compiler uses the feature test macros to obtain the appropriate namespace from the header files. The compiler uses the environment variable to link in an appropriate object file to the executable. Using the environment variable customizes libc to match UNIX standards for various functions. If an application has already been compiled for default HP-UX behavior or for one particular standard, and needs to change to a particular UNIX standard behavior, recompile the application as specified in the above table. For an HP-UX command to conform to a particular UNIX standard behavior, the application has to set the corresponding environment variable as specified in the above table before executing that command. UNIX Standard Conformant User Environment To enable a particular UNIX standard conformant user environment, set the corresponding environment variable as defined in the above table. EXAMPLES
The following examples shows an application example. To have the system be conformant to UNIX2003 behavior, set the environment variable to and define the feature test macro before compilation. The following example changes the command to have UNIX95 behavior by setting one of the environment variables to or to before executing that command. There are three ways of setting the environment variable for UNIX95: or or SEE ALSO
cc(1), stdsyms(5). standards(5)