Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Program Compatibility
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Program Compatibility Post 95404 by Elliandr on Wednesday 11th of January 2006 04:52:34 AM
Old 01-11-2006
Question Program Compatibility

I really Hate the Monopoly Microsoft has over Software, but the fact remains it exists... so I wonder if there was a way to enable Programs Made for Windows and Mac to be Run in Unix as if it was in the Specified OS. Like a Compatibility Wizard. Or in a dual boot computer, for Unix to be able to see a Windows/mac partition table.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Motherboard Compatibility

Hi there,, I URGENTLY need to know if the Gigabyte GA 8IDML Motherboard is compatible with the Unix BSD. We need to know if we should buy new boards before we can use the product. Thanking you Hannelie Bosch:confused: :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hbosch
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compatibility problem ??!!

hi! i have two problems with the following script who prepares a date (removes the heading zero from day if day<10) for arithmetical operations: <script> #!/usr/bin/sh DAY=`date +%d`; echo 1 - $DAY;#i.e. 06 DAY=${DAY#0}; echo 2 - $DAY;#i.e. 6 </script> 1. every time i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oti
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Disks compatibility

Hi all, I am trying to isntall veritas replicator on 2 DA 3000 storage , But with little luck . I am running a solaris 10 and vsf 4.1, Veritas Volume Replicator Option 4.1 My question is that : when i got the array i had 2 disks missing , So we had to replace them , but I found out that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

About compatibility of HP-UX 11i

Could you please tell me if Informix 7.20 UD2 works on HP-UX 11i and if applications that works on HP-UX 10.20 and Informix 7.20 UD2 works on HP-UX 11i. Thanks a lot. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irene Martínez
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

LTO Compatibility

Is any one told me that LTO3 tape Cartridge is compatible with LTO2 Tape Drive. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn Paul
2 Replies

6. SCO

Binary compatibility

Hi I'm going to buy C-ISAM 7.25 under sco unixware 7 to install in sco openserver 5.0.7. I'm wondering sco unixware 7 and sco openserver 5.0.6 are binary compatibles ? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 - HW compatibility

Sorry, if this isn't the right forum for this question. I would like to compile an executable with gcc/g++ under Solaris 10 on the following OLDER SPARC-machine and then run this executable on the NEW SPARC-machine (see description down in this post). I'm wondering if it would be possible or if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunfire
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compatibility between UNIXes

Will a program or application that runs in one UNIX run in any UNIX? Shouldn't they? Why not? What are the constraints? What keeps OpenOffice for Solaris from working on a HP-UX box? Wouldn't life be simpler (and thus more eficient) if all UNIXes were «a UNIX» instead of manufacturers' vault? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spitzer
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Compatibility

Hi all. I'm in the process of migrating existing script on UNIX server to the LINUX platform. One of the script that have issues is this one: cd /home/edwh_test/S13018/EDWH-DMT03/stgdata/RPT/ # GIANT # rm -f INPUT_GIANT.csv filename=INPUT_GIANT_*csv GIANT_MONYYYY=$(echo $filename | awk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
9 Replies

10. AIX

Ksh93/AIX compatibility

Hi everyone ! Im trying to know from wich version of AIX KSH93 is available ? Internet tell me 6.x and 7.x AIX are available, bue what about 5.x ? Is KSH93 available on AIX 5.x ? Is it the same way to manipulate variables as KSH93 on 7.x ? Thanks for your support and have a nice day ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majinfrede
2 Replies
RARENTRY(3)								 1							       RARENTRY(3)

The RarEntry class

INTRODUCTION
A RAR entry, representing a directory or a compressed file inside a RAR archive. CLASS SYNOPSIS
RarEntry final RarEntry Constants o const integer$RarEntry::HOST_MSDOS0 o const integer$RarEntry::HOST_OS21 o const integer$RarEntry::HOST_WIN322 o const integer$RarEntry::HOST_UNIX3 o const integer$RarEntry::HOST_MACOS4 o const integer$RarEntry::HOST_BEOS5 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_READONLY1 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_HIDDEN2 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_SYSTEM4 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_DIRECTORY16 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_ARCHIVE32 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_DEVICE64 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_NORMAL128 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_TEMPORARY256 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_SPARSE_FILE512 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_REPARSE_POINT1024 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_COMPRESSED2048 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_OFFLINE4096 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_NOT_CONTENT_INDEXED8192 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_ENCRYPTED16384 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_VIRTUAL65536 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_WORLD_EXECUTE1 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_WORLD_WRITE2 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_WORLD_READ4 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_GROUP_EXECUTE8 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_GROUP_WRITE16 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_GROUP_READ32 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_OWNER_EXECUTE64 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_OWNER_WRITE128 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_OWNER_READ256 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_STICKY512 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_SETGID1024 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_SETUID2048 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_FINAL_QUARTET61440 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_FIFO4096 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_CHAR_DEV8192 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_DIRECTORY16384 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_BLOCK_DEV24576 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_REGULAR_FILE32768 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_SYM_LINK40960 o const integer$RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_SOCKET49152 Methods o public bool RarEntry::extract (string $dir, [string $filepath = ""], [string $password = NULL], [bool $extended_data = false]) o public int RarEntry::getAttr (void ) o public string RarEntry::getCrc (void ) o public string RarEntry::getFileTime (void ) o public int RarEntry::getHostOs (void ) o public int RarEntry::getMethod (void ) o public string RarEntry::getName (void ) o public int RarEntry::getPackedSize (void ) o public resource RarEntry::getStream ([string $password]) o public int RarEntry::getUnpackedSize (void ) o public int RarEntry::getVersion (void ) o public bool RarEntry::isDirectory (void ) o public bool RarEntry::isEncrypted (void ) o public string RarEntry::__toString (void ) PREDEFINED CONSTANTS
o RarEntry::HOST_MSDOS -If the return value of RarEntry::getHostOs equals this constant, MS-DOS was used to add this entry. Use instead of RAR_HOST_MSDOS. o RarEntry::HOST_OS2 -If the return value of RarEntry::getHostOs equals this constant, OS/2 was used to add this entry. Intended to replace RAR_HOST_OS2. o RarEntry::HOST_WIN32 -If the return value of RarEntry::getHostOs equals this constant, Microsoft Windows was used to add this entry. Intended to replace RAR_HOST_WIN32. o RarEntry::HOST_UNIX -If the return value of RarEntry::getHostOs equals this constant, an unspecified UNIX OS was used to add this entry. Intended to replace RAR_HOST_UNIX. o RarEntry::HOST_MACOS -If the return value of RarEntry::getHostOs equals this constant, Mac OS was used to add this entry. o RarEntry::HOST_BEOS -If the return value of RarEntry::getHostOs equals this constant, BeOS was used to add this entry. Intended to replace RAR_HOST_BEOS. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_READONLY -Bit that represents a Windows entry with a read-only attribute. To be used with RarEn- try::getAttr on entries whose host OS is Microsoft Windows. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_HIDDEN -Bit that represents a Windows entry with a hidden attribute. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is Microsoft Windows. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_SYSTEM -Bit that represents a Windows entry with a system attribute. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is Microsoft Windows. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_DIRECTORY -Bit that represents a Windows entry with a directory attribute (entry is a directory). To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is Microsoft Windows. See also RarEntry::isDirectory, which also works with entries that were not added in WinRAR. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_ARCHIVE -Bit that represents a Windows entry with an archive attribute. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is Microsoft Windows. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_DEVICE -Bit that represents a Windows entry with a device attribute. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is Microsoft Windows. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_NORMAL -Bit that represents a Windows entry with a normal file attribute (entry is NOT a directory). To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is Microsoft Windows. See also RarEntry::isDirectory, which also works with entries that were not added in WinRAR. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_TEMPORARY -Bit that represents a Windows entry with a temporary attribute. To be used with RarEn- try::getAttr on entries whose host OS is Microsoft Windows. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_SPARSE_FILE -Bit that represents a Windows entry with a sparse file attribute (file is an NTFS sparse file). To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is Microsoft Windows. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_REPARSE_POINT -Bit that represents a Windows entry with a reparse point attribute (entry is an NTFS reparse point, e.g. a directory junction or a mount file system). To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is Microsoft Windows. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_COMPRESSED -Bit that represents a Windows entry with a compressed attribute (NTFS only). To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is Microsoft Windows. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_OFFLINE -Bit that represents a Windows entry with an offline attribute (entry is offline and not accessi- ble). To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is Microsoft Windows. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_NOT_CONTENT_INDEXED -Bit that represents a Windows entry with a not content indexed attribute (entry is to be indexed). To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is Microsoft Windows. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_ENCRYPTED -Bit that represents a Windows entry with an encrypted attribute (NTFS only). To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is Microsoft Windows. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_WIN_VIRTUAL -Bit that represents a Windows entry with a virtual attribute. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is Microsoft Windows. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_WORLD_EXECUTE -Bit that represents a UNIX entry that is world executable. To be used with RarEn- try::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_WORLD_WRITE -Bit that represents a UNIX entry that is world writable. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_WORLD_READ -Bit that represents a UNIX entry that is world readable. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_GROUP_EXECUTE -Bit that represents a UNIX entry that is group executable. To be used with RarEn- try::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_GROUP_WRITE -Bit that represents a UNIX entry that is group writable. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_GROUP_READ -Bit that represents a UNIX entry that is group readable. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_OWNER_EXECUTE -Bit that represents a UNIX entry that is owner executable. To be used with RarEn- try::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_OWNER_WRITE -Bit that represents a UNIX entry that is owner writable. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_OWNER_READ -Bit that represents a UNIX entry that is owner readable. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_STICKY -Bit that represents the UNIX sticky bit. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_SETGID -Bit that represents the UNIX setgid attribute. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_SETUID -Bit that represents the UNIX setuid attribute. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_FINAL_QUARTET -Mask to isolate the last four bits (nibble) of UNIX attributes (_S_IFMT, the type of file mask). To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX and with the constants RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_FIFO, RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_CHAR_DEV, RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_DIRECTORY, RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_BLOCK_DEV, RarEn- try::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_REGULAR_FILE, RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_SYM_LINK and RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_SOCKET. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_FIFO -Unix FIFOs will have attributes whose last four bits have this value. To be used with RarEn- try::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX and with the constant RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_FINAL_QUARTET. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_CHAR_DEV -Unix character devices will have attributes whose last four bits have this value. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX and with the constant RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_FINAL_QUARTET. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_DIRECTORY -Unix directories will have attributes whose last four bits have this value. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX and with the constant RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_FINAL_QUARTET. See also RarEn- try::isDirectory, which also works with entries that were added in other operating systems. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_BLOCK_DEV -Unix block devices will have attributes whose last four bits have this value. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX and with the constant RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_FINAL_QUARTET. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_REGULAR_FILE -Unix regular files (not directories) will have attributes whose last four bits have this value. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX and with the constant RarEn- try::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_FINAL_QUARTET. See also RarEntry::isDirectory, which also works with entries that were added in other operat- ing systems. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_SYM_LINK -Unix symbolic links will have attributes whose last four bits have this value. To be used with RarEntry::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX and with the constant RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_FINAL_QUARTET. o RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_SOCKET -Unix sockets will have attributes whose last four bits have this value. To be used with RarEn- try::getAttr on entries whose host OS is UNIX and with the constant RarEntry::ATTRIBUTE_UNIX_FINAL_QUARTET. PHP Documentation Group RARENTRY(3)