Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: attachment using sendmail
Operating Systems Solaris attachment using sendmail Post 94735 by mr_manny on Tuesday 3rd of January 2006 11:56:26 AM
Old 01-03-2006
In your example, I believe the contents of text_file would be in the BODY of the email...not as an attachment.
happy new year,
manny

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Sendmail (& attachment)

Hi, This is my first thread. Iam trying the following: OS: Sun Database: DB2, Informix, Oracle * Get the status of the database (using database command line options) * pipe to a text file * send mail of the text file to receiptents. TODO1: First step i tried to send a test message.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenkanya
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail attachment problem

Hello, i am sending email with following command. The problem is the attachment is displayed as inline text instead of a file attached to email. What should i do? I don't have chance to install new binaries to the server (SunOS) ( \ echo From: Sender ; \ echo Subject: Testing ; \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yakari
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail attachment issue

Hi All,, After long time, might be this is nth time post on this forum for the same query...but i tried browsing for sometime and i did not get what i wanted :) i have following syntax in my shell scripting.. (cat filename.txt uuencode attachment attachment)|/usr/lib/sendmail -t... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail with attachment command line ?

hi.. Could somebody guide me how to send mail with attachment using sendmail command in unix ? Thank you, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail with attachment not working

dear all I have below function which send an email, but if I need to add an attachement it won't work instead it write some jibberish to body of the email begin 644 SIGN_OFF_AP_20120626.csv M4TE'3E]/1D9?4TA%150L351-7T1!5$4L0D]/2RQ35$%455,L5D%25%E012Q# %3U5.5`H` ` end function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send attachment through sendmail

Hi, I am trying to send log file of a job run in unix machince through sendmail.Though I am able to send the text but it is not sending as attachment. Could you please look into the code and let me know where I have gone wrong fdate=`date %Y%j`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachment using sendmail command

Send_Mail() { C_Date=`date +"%m/%d/%Y"` #Subject="MMDB Load Job Status" for i in `cat $Metafile` do if then email_address=`echo $i | cut -d":" -f2` /usr/lib/sendmail "$email_address" < $Email_File fi done } this is the send mail command i am using .please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alok K Yadav
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with attachment

Hello people, I only have sendmail and uuencode on a Oracle (RH) linux server. While: /usr/bin/uuencode awr.html awr.html | /usr/sbin/sendmail myemail@company.com Is working fine, the ideal for me is to do something like: echo "To: me@company.com" > /home/vasilis/msg.txt echo "Subject: DB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with attachment in sendmail

Hi Folks I have below code, which is able to successfully send the content of the output file as html which is body, but i did tried uuencode & mailx -a for sending attachments but to no avail. cat - ${Output_File} <<EOF| /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t #From: ${MAILFROM} To: ${MAILTO} Subject:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies
PMDASENDMAIL(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   PMDASENDMAIL(1)

NAME
pmdasendmail - sendmail performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) SYNOPSIS
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail/pmdasendmail [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username] DESCRIPTION
pmdasendmail is a sendmail Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports mail traffic statistics as collected by sendmail(1). Before the sendmail PMDA can export any metrics, sendmail(1) must have statistics collection enabled. This involves checking the name of the statistics file, as given by the OS or O StatusFile control lines in /etc/sendmail.cf, and then creating this file if it does not already exist. Removing the file will terminate statistics collection by sendmail(1) and hence the sendmail PMDA. A brief description of the pmdasendmail command line options follows: -d It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts. -l Location of the log file. By default, a log file named sendmail.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdasendmail is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd. If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead. -U User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account in current versions of PCP, but in older versions the superuser account ("root") was used by default. There are no communication options, as the Install script ensures the sendmail PMDA will be connected to PMCD by a pipe. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names, help text and values for the sendmail performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail # ./Remove pmdasendmail is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMCDCONF_PATH command line options used to launch pmdasendmail $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail/help default help text file for the sendmail metrics $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail/Install installation script for the pmdasendmail agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail/Remove undo installation script for the pmdasendmail agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/sendmail.log default log file for error messages and other information from pmdasendmail /etc/sendmail.cf sendmail configuration file to identify the name of the statistics file PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
pmcd(1) and sendmail(1). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDASENDMAIL(1)