Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: attachment using sendmail
Operating Systems Solaris attachment using sendmail Post 94735 by mr_manny on Tuesday 3rd of January 2006 11:56:26 AM
Old 01-03-2006
In your example, I believe the contents of text_file would be in the BODY of the email...not as an attachment.
happy new year,
manny

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Sendmail (& attachment)

Hi, This is my first thread. Iam trying the following: OS: Sun Database: DB2, Informix, Oracle * Get the status of the database (using database command line options) * pipe to a text file * send mail of the text file to receiptents. TODO1: First step i tried to send a test message.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenkanya
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail attachment problem

Hello, i am sending email with following command. The problem is the attachment is displayed as inline text instead of a file attached to email. What should i do? I don't have chance to install new binaries to the server (SunOS) ( \ echo From: Sender ; \ echo Subject: Testing ; \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yakari
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail attachment issue

Hi All,, After long time, might be this is nth time post on this forum for the same query...but i tried browsing for sometime and i did not get what i wanted :) i have following syntax in my shell scripting.. (cat filename.txt uuencode attachment attachment)|/usr/lib/sendmail -t... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail with attachment command line ?

hi.. Could somebody guide me how to send mail with attachment using sendmail command in unix ? Thank you, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail with attachment not working

dear all I have below function which send an email, but if I need to add an attachement it won't work instead it write some jibberish to body of the email begin 644 SIGN_OFF_AP_20120626.csv M4TE'3E]/1D9?4TA%150L351-7T1!5$4L0D]/2RQ35$%455,L5D%25%E012Q# %3U5.5`H` ` end function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send attachment through sendmail

Hi, I am trying to send log file of a job run in unix machince through sendmail.Though I am able to send the text but it is not sending as attachment. Could you please look into the code and let me know where I have gone wrong fdate=`date %Y%j`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachment using sendmail command

Send_Mail() { C_Date=`date +"%m/%d/%Y"` #Subject="MMDB Load Job Status" for i in `cat $Metafile` do if then email_address=`echo $i | cut -d":" -f2` /usr/lib/sendmail "$email_address" < $Email_File fi done } this is the send mail command i am using .please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alok K Yadav
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with attachment

Hello people, I only have sendmail and uuencode on a Oracle (RH) linux server. While: /usr/bin/uuencode awr.html awr.html | /usr/sbin/sendmail myemail@company.com Is working fine, the ideal for me is to do something like: echo "To: me@company.com" > /home/vasilis/msg.txt echo "Subject: DB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with attachment in sendmail

Hi Folks I have below code, which is able to successfully send the content of the output file as html which is body, but i did tried uuencode & mailx -a for sending attachments but to no avail. cat - ${Output_File} <<EOF| /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t #From: ${MAILFROM} To: ${MAILTO} Subject:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies
MIME message tool(1)					      General Commands Manual					      MIME message tool(1)

NAME
mime-tool - a simple program to construct MIME messages with attached files SYNOPSIS
mime [ -dDvV ] [ -S subject ] [ -F from-address ] [ -T to-address ] [ -C carbon-copy address ] [ -P prolog-text ] [ -E epiplogue-text ] [ -B boundry ] [ -O overall content-type ] { [ -78abiquxopm ] [ -t content-type ] filename } DESCRIPTION
The mime program constructs MIME messages with attached files. The user can specify the content type (application/octet-stream, text/plain or a user specified type), content type encoding (7bit, 8bit, binary, base64 and auto-detect), content disposition (attached or inline) and the content boundry string. The user can also specify some mail related options: subject, from-address, to-addres, carbon-copy addres, prolog-text and epilog-text. The output of the MIME-tool program can be sent directly to the mail, mailx or sendmail commands (or any other command that accepts RFC-822 formatted messages). NOTE: Specifying 7-bit encoding for an attachment that contains 8-bit data will convert any data bytes whose high-bit is set to question marks. OPTIONS
-7 7-bit ASCII encoding -8 8-bit ASCII encoding -a application/octet-stream content type -b binary encoding -d low detail debugging -D high detail debugging -s write a subpart -i disposition: inline (instead of attachment) -q quoted-printable encoding -c content-type explicit content type -t text/plain content type -o omit disposition line -u unknown encoding, auto-detect -v verbose messages -V very verbose messages -x base64 encoding -p copy existing MIME part -o omit content-disposition -m omit content-transfer-encoding -n filename override the filename in the disposition header -N don't add a filename parameter in the disposition header -0 no-op EXAMPLES
Using MIME-tool to write a mail message to a file: mime -S "test message" -F me@foo.net -T someone@somewhere.net file1 > test.msg Using MIME-tool with the mail command: mime -S "test message" -F me@foo.net file1 | mail someone@somewhere.net Using MIME-tool with the mailx command: mime -S "test message" -F me@foo.net file1 | mailx someone@somewhere.net Using MIME-tool with the sendmail command: mime -S "test message" -F me@foo.net file1 | sendmail someone@somewhere.net VERSION
This is version 1.5.topal3 from June 2009. KNOWN BUGS
Most of the header values are not properly quoted or folded, so long or complex values for these headers may cause problems. Specifically, the from-address, to-address, carbon-copy-address and content-type headers may not be properly quoted or folded. For some reason, certain e-mail clients (espcially from a large software company located in Redmond, Washington) don't seem to recognize file attachments as attachments, but instead displays them as inline attachments. (maybe this isn't MIME-tool's fault, but I've gotten a few e-mails about it, so I'm mentioning it here) AUTHOR
mime is written by Jeffrey Dutky <dutky@bellatlantic.net> Oscar Esteban spotted an off-by-one error in the base64 encoding function. Sergey Lapin spotted a bug in the filename header construction. Chris Hemphill noticed that the documentation (this manual page and the README file) didn't include any examples of how to call the program with common mail commands. Some additional fixes and additions by Phil Brooke to support Topal. AVAILABILITY
The original MIME-tool package can be downloaded from my web page at http://members.bellatlantic.net/~dutky This modified version is distributed with Topal: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/phil.brooke/topal/ MIME tool mime MIME message tool(1)