Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HPUX Hardware commands.
Operating Systems HP-UX HPUX Hardware commands. Post 94052 by govinda_gr on Tuesday 27th of December 2005 06:08:56 AM
Old 12-27-2005
HI,

U can get all the infor using a tool called MSTM or CSTM

i would prefer to use cstm (u should have root privilises for the same),

#cstm
cstm> map all
cstm> sel all

save this to a file and u can see all the info..

for the device drivers look at ioscan output.

for more info man ioscan

Regards
govind.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HPUX 10.20 and 11.00 commands

Hello, i have to activate a network interface. for HPUX1100 i can command ifconfig lanx plumb. Why doesent it works under HPUX10.20? How can i realise it? thanks for your help!:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX config commands

Hi guys, Need a favour or information on how to get it done in configuring a HPUX-11i box?I need the commands which is needed to configure the box...The pdf's in HP site is too much to look at.Is there any advice from u guys on how could i settle this problem? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giriplug
7 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Hardware commands

Hi All, Needed commands to find Monitor , chassis & keyboard related information on AIX. Please please please help. Thanks VK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Need HPUX admin commands lost

Hi All Please somebody send me list of admin commands used for HPUX. Thanks Sunanda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunanda
2 Replies

5. Solaris

commands hanging when querying hardware

Hi all Got another strange one. If I try to enquire about the hardware, the command hangs implying Ive got a hardware issue. So, if I execute :- iostat -en sysdef - ( stops at the devices part ) format cfgadm -al Anything that searches the devices, then the command hangs. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

minimum hardware requirement for HPUX 11i V3

I am new for HPUX OS and want to pursue my career in HPUX Administration. I could not able to get following information from HP.com site, that why I need an assistance to know that - can I install HPUX 11i V3 OS on old HP B2000 & B1000 workstations (these workstation are 4 to 5 year old) or not,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Which company's hardware is more stable, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & Sun (Solaris)

Hi guru I want to know which company's hardware is more stable means in term of H/W faults or replacement, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & SUN MICROSYSTEM (Solaris) & which order also, if we go through more stable to less stable system. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

8. Hardware

Useful Hardware commands

Are there any other useful hardware commands to get information about your hardware? Is there any information that can't be found with these commands? cat /proc/cpuinfo cat /proc/meminfo dmesg lspci sudo dmidecode cpuid | more lspci -v | grep VGA sudo lspci -v -s 00:02.0 sudo lspci -vvv... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
12 Replies

9. HP-UX

Status of hardware in HpUx

We would like to know a HP Utility or any Unix command that can give the exact status of PCI Gigabit Ethernet cable (lan cable) We had tried to execute lanscan ioscan -fnC lan The status appears to be the same when the cable is plugged & unplugged and also when the lan is disabled &... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva3492
5 Replies

10. HP-UX

HPUX 10.20 SCSI Hardware Drivers

I own a 1999 vintage HP Logic Analyzer that runs HPUX 10.20. It is a 9000/775/rock system similar to a Visualize C132L/160L system. I'm attempting, mostly for the fun of it, to upgrade the existing slow 5MB/s-only SCSI system, with a new-er PCI card. Of course drivers is my major concern. I'd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KeithM
2 Replies
diaglogd(1M)															      diaglogd(1M)

NAME
diaglogd - Support Tools Manager logging daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/stm/uut/bin/sys/diaglogd DESCRIPTION
The Support Tools Manager (STM) uses a logging daemon ( diaglogd ) to read diagnostic events from the kernel via diag2 (diagnostic pseudo driver) and logs them in the system log files. diaglogd is launched automatically at boot by the STM daemon diagmond. The STM User Interface, xstm , mstm , or cstm , Daemon commands can also be used to launch the daemon as well as shut it down and view the daemon's activity log. The log files created by diaglogd can be viewed using the STM utility logtool. Application Usage This daemon will be deprecated on new server models. Please use System Management Homepage (see hpsmh(1M)). WARNINGS
The following message will appear on the system console when the diagnostic logging facility determines that the I/O subsystem has started logging excessive I/O errors. This message will appear only once and I/O errors will be lost until the diagnostic subsystem can recover from this condition. DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM WARNING: The diagnostic logging facility has started receiving excessive errors from the I/O subsystem. I/O error entries will be lost until the cause of the excessive I/O logging is corrected. If the diaglogd daemon is not active, use the Daemon Startup command in stm to start it. If the diaglogd daemon is active, use the logtool utility in stm to determine which I/O subsystem is logging excessive errors. The following message will appear on the system console when the cause of the excessive I/O error logging is corrected. The total number of I/O errors that were dropped will be placed in "XX". DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM WARNING: The diagnostic logging facility is no longer receiving excessive errors from the I/O subsystem. XX I/O error entries were lost. OTHER FILES
/dev/diag/diag0 - Series 800 Diagnostic pseudo driver device file /dev/diag/diag1 - Series 700 Diagnostic pseudo driver device file /dev/diag/diag2 - Series 700/800 Diagnostic pseudo driver device file /var/stm/logs/sys/activity_log_diaglogd - Activity log of diaglogd /var/stm/logs/os/log##.raw - OS system log files /var/stm/logs/os/log##.raw.cur - Current OS system log file /var/stm/config/sys/diaglogd.cfg - Diagmond configuration /var/stm/data/daemon_list - List of daemons installed /var/stm/data/key_file - OS resource key file COPYRIGHT
(c) Copyright 1995, Hewlett-Packard Company ORIGIN
diaglogd was developed by Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
stm(1M), diagmond(1M) diaglogd(1M)