Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris /sbin/zonename file giving me problems Post 93744 by BG_JrAdmin on Wednesday 21st of December 2005 07:33:06 PM
Old 12-21-2005
/sbin/zonename file giving me problems

I'm trying to install the recommended patch cluster on a x86 Solaris 10 box.
I get this error:

ERROR: /sbin/zonename cannot be found. install_cluster for 10_x86 patch cluster not applied. Exiting.

I tried touching the file and it gave a different error of: expected argument..

anyone have this happen?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/sbin

I attempted to run a commands from directory /sbin..............it works only (as example) also: ./fdisk But I want to make simple: fdisk Can me help somebody ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennywize
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

RLOGIN giving problems.

Hi, I am using RDIST to sync /interfaces directory between two systems say ukblx176 (source) & ukapx063 (target), but when i do rlogin ukapx063 from ukblx176 its asking for password (i dont want it to ask password). when i do rlogin ukblx176 from ukapx063 its doesnt ask for password. ukapx063... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal_ranjan
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving input to a c++ file

My C++ program creates a nxn matrix with given value. For e.g if the input is 10 it will creates a matrix of 10x10 now what i want is the script should run program and give input values in a variation of 1000. Say first matrix of 1000 then 2000 , 3000 ..... 10000. I tried using for loop but unable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonyaim83
2 Replies

4. Solaris

different between /sbin/init and /usr/sbin/init

root@test09 # ls -al /sbin/init -r-xr-xr-x 1 root sys 550000 Jun 29 2002 /sbin/init root@test09 # ls -al /usr/sbin/init -r-xr-xr-x 1 root sys 37100 Jun 29 2002 /usr/sbin/init (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userking
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving format to a file

hi all, i have a big problem and i don't know what to do. This is the thing: i have a flat file with 26 fields, which are separated by ';' by example, i have this: Peter;Smith;2005;200508; ......... if the lengths of the fields are: field 1: Alphanumeric - field 2: Alphanumeric - field... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulation of wc command giving problems

Hello, i am developing a simple shell script for simulation of wc command but it's not working.Please tell me what is the problem. I have commented the problematic line if then echo "<Improper Usage>" echo "wcassg <options> file" else eval file=\$$# if then chars=0 words=0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman4u
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting row in a giving file

hi I would like to sort rows in a givin file except the first colomn (or first element of a row) just like the following example file input : 1 3 8 5 2 2 8 1 3 9 8 10 file output : 1 8 5 3 2 8 2 1 3 10 9 8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yassinegoth
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

GetLine fn always giving last line of the file

Hi, Its bit urget for me to complete. pls help me. I am parsing 2 file 1. INDATA(Data file) 2. GRPFIL(Reference) every record in INDATA should be verified with GRP_DATA. I am seeing the output from only the last line of ref file, its not searching all the lines. INDATA sample... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hyperion.krish
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/sbin/ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libquazip.so.1.0.0 is empty, not checked.

I thought I would document this error since its not documented very well. The package or file may be different but the idea is the same. $ sudo yum updateLoaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit, versionlock Setting up Update Process Resolving Dependencies --> Running... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabbing IP and zonename from multiline 'ifconfig' output

Hi There, I have a Solaris server that has a bunch of zones configured and I am trying to write a script that will take all interfaces other than the loopback ones (e.g. lo0:3 etc) and present them so that I can easily determine the zone that owns the IP So in the case of the following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies
parse_dynamic_clustertoc(1M)				  System Administration Commands			      parse_dynamic_clustertoc(1M)

NAME
parse_dynamic_clustertoc - parse clustertoc file based on dynamic entries SYNOPSIS
cdrom/export/exec/sparc.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/parse_dynamic_clustertoc cdrom/export/exec/i386.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/parse_dynamic_clustertoc DESCRIPTION
This script parses the clustertoc file before the suninstall(1M) process is run. parse_dynamic_clustertoc is called by a modified syscon- fig script on the install CD. When parse_dynamic_clustertoc runs, it reads the clustertoc and when it encounters SUNW_CSRMBRIFF lines, it either checks the platform using the script's builtin function, or calls an external script. The script exits with a 0 if the cluster entry is included, otherwise it will be ignored. If the cluster entry is to be included, the SUNW_CSRMBRIFF =(test test_arg)cluster line is converted to SUNW_CSRMEMBER =cluster. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking For an SX Framebuffer The following is an example of a simple external test to check for an SX Framebuffer. The entry in the clustertoc file is shown and fol- lowing that is the script that must be placed in the install.d/dynamic_test directory. SUNW_CSRMBRIFF=(smcc.dctoc sx)SUNWCsx #! /bin/sh # # Likewise, this file is expected to live under $(TESTDIR). # case "$1" in sx) prtconf -p | grep 'SUNW,sx' 1> /dev/null;; esac FILES
cdrom/Solaris_2.x/locale/C/.clustertoc.dynamic Dynamic version of the clustertoc file cdrom/export/exec/sparc.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/dynamic_test Directory that contains any additional tests cdrom/export/exec/i386.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/dynamic_test Directory that contains any additional tests ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SHWPcdrom (Solaris CD) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
suninstall(1M), clustertoc(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 1995 parse_dynamic_clustertoc(1M)