Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: attachment using sendmail
Operating Systems Solaris attachment using sendmail Post 93119 by mr_manny on Thursday 15th of December 2005 06:18:00 PM
Old 12-15-2005
How about using mutt?

mutt -a attachment -s "this is the subject" user@emailaddress.com < fileWITHdetail
or
echo "this is the detail" | mutt -a attachment -s this is the subject" user@emailaddress.com < /dev/null

Usage:
-a <file> attach a file to the message
-b <address> specify a blind carbon-copy (BCC) address
-c <address> specify a carbon-copy (CC) address
-e <command> specify a command to be executed after initialization
-f <file> specify which mailbox to read
-F <file> specify an alternate muttrc file
-H <file> specify a draft file to read header from
-i <file> specify a file which Mutt should include in the reply
-m <type> specify a default mailbox type
-n causes Mutt not to read the system Muttrc
-p recall a postponed message
-R open mailbox in read-only mode
-s <subj> specify a subject (must be in quotes if it has spaces)
-v show version and compile-time definitions
-x simulate the mailx send mode
-y select a mailbox specified in your `mailboxes' list
-z exit immediately if there are no messages in the mailbox
-Z open the first folder with new message, exit immediately if none
-h this help message

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Sendmail (& attachment)

Hi, This is my first thread. Iam trying the following: OS: Sun Database: DB2, Informix, Oracle * Get the status of the database (using database command line options) * pipe to a text file * send mail of the text file to receiptents. TODO1: First step i tried to send a test message.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenkanya
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail attachment problem

Hello, i am sending email with following command. The problem is the attachment is displayed as inline text instead of a file attached to email. What should i do? I don't have chance to install new binaries to the server (SunOS) ( \ echo From: Sender ; \ echo Subject: Testing ; \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yakari
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail attachment issue

Hi All,, After long time, might be this is nth time post on this forum for the same query...but i tried browsing for sometime and i did not get what i wanted :) i have following syntax in my shell scripting.. (cat filename.txt uuencode attachment attachment)|/usr/lib/sendmail -t... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail with attachment command line ?

hi.. Could somebody guide me how to send mail with attachment using sendmail command in unix ? Thank you, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail with attachment not working

dear all I have below function which send an email, but if I need to add an attachement it won't work instead it write some jibberish to body of the email begin 644 SIGN_OFF_AP_20120626.csv M4TE'3E]/1D9?4TA%150L351-7T1!5$4L0D]/2RQ35$%455,L5D%25%E012Q# %3U5.5`H` ` end function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send attachment through sendmail

Hi, I am trying to send log file of a job run in unix machince through sendmail.Though I am able to send the text but it is not sending as attachment. Could you please look into the code and let me know where I have gone wrong fdate=`date %Y%j`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachment using sendmail command

Send_Mail() { C_Date=`date +"%m/%d/%Y"` #Subject="MMDB Load Job Status" for i in `cat $Metafile` do if then email_address=`echo $i | cut -d":" -f2` /usr/lib/sendmail "$email_address" < $Email_File fi done } this is the send mail command i am using .please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alok K Yadav
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with attachment

Hello people, I only have sendmail and uuencode on a Oracle (RH) linux server. While: /usr/bin/uuencode awr.html awr.html | /usr/sbin/sendmail myemail@company.com Is working fine, the ideal for me is to do something like: echo "To: me@company.com" > /home/vasilis/msg.txt echo "Subject: DB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with attachment in sendmail

Hi Folks I have below code, which is able to successfully send the content of the output file as html which is body, but i did tried uuencode & mailx -a for sending attachments but to no avail. cat - ${Output_File} <<EOF| /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t #From: ${MAILFROM} To: ${MAILTO} Subject:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies
newmail(1)						      General Commands Manual							newmail(1)

NAME
newmail - notify users of new mail in mailboxes SYNOPSIS
interval] [file-spec]... DESCRIPTION
The utility monitors your incoming mailbox or specified mail folders. The basic operation is that the program checks the folders each interval seconds (default 60) and lists any new mail that has arrived in any of the mailboxes, indicating the sender's name, and the subject of the message. Without any options, runs in the background at a default interval of 60 seconds to monitor the user's incoming mailbox. So that they are suitable for display on an already active screen, messages are prefixed with a pair of pointer characters as follows: If there is no subject, the message is displayed. If there is more than one folder, output lines are prefixed by the folder-name or the prefix string specified by file-spec. runs until you log out or explicitly kill it. It can internally reset itself if the mailbox shrinks in size and then grows again. Options recognizes the following options: Set the time interval between mailbox checks to the value specified, in seconds. The default is 60. interval must be less than 2^32 seconds. If it is set to less than 10 seconds, warns that such short intervals are not recommended. Run the program within the current window in the foreground with a more succinct output format. The output formats become: Operands recognizes the following operand: file-spec Specifies the name of a folder and an optional prefix string, in the form: Metacharacters such as and indicate the folder directory. The default is the value of the environment variable or EXAMPLES
Check incoming mailbox every 60 seconds: Check incoming mailboxes of and every 15 seconds for new messages. Monitor the incoming mailbox of user and the folder in your mail directory called Prefix all new messages in the incoming mailbox of with the string and the new messages in the folder with Also, monitor folder AUTHOR
was developed by HP. newmail(1)