Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: attachment using sendmail
Operating Systems Solaris attachment using sendmail Post 93119 by mr_manny on Thursday 15th of December 2005 06:18:00 PM
Old 12-15-2005
How about using mutt?

mutt -a attachment -s "this is the subject" user@emailaddress.com < fileWITHdetail
or
echo "this is the detail" | mutt -a attachment -s this is the subject" user@emailaddress.com < /dev/null

Usage:
-a <file> attach a file to the message
-b <address> specify a blind carbon-copy (BCC) address
-c <address> specify a carbon-copy (CC) address
-e <command> specify a command to be executed after initialization
-f <file> specify which mailbox to read
-F <file> specify an alternate muttrc file
-H <file> specify a draft file to read header from
-i <file> specify a file which Mutt should include in the reply
-m <type> specify a default mailbox type
-n causes Mutt not to read the system Muttrc
-p recall a postponed message
-R open mailbox in read-only mode
-s <subj> specify a subject (must be in quotes if it has spaces)
-v show version and compile-time definitions
-x simulate the mailx send mode
-y select a mailbox specified in your `mailboxes' list
-z exit immediately if there are no messages in the mailbox
-Z open the first folder with new message, exit immediately if none
-h this help message

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Sendmail (& attachment)

Hi, This is my first thread. Iam trying the following: OS: Sun Database: DB2, Informix, Oracle * Get the status of the database (using database command line options) * pipe to a text file * send mail of the text file to receiptents. TODO1: First step i tried to send a test message.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenkanya
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail attachment problem

Hello, i am sending email with following command. The problem is the attachment is displayed as inline text instead of a file attached to email. What should i do? I don't have chance to install new binaries to the server (SunOS) ( \ echo From: Sender ; \ echo Subject: Testing ; \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yakari
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail attachment issue

Hi All,, After long time, might be this is nth time post on this forum for the same query...but i tried browsing for sometime and i did not get what i wanted :) i have following syntax in my shell scripting.. (cat filename.txt uuencode attachment attachment)|/usr/lib/sendmail -t... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail with attachment command line ?

hi.. Could somebody guide me how to send mail with attachment using sendmail command in unix ? Thank you, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail with attachment not working

dear all I have below function which send an email, but if I need to add an attachement it won't work instead it write some jibberish to body of the email begin 644 SIGN_OFF_AP_20120626.csv M4TE'3E]/1D9?4TA%150L351-7T1!5$4L0D]/2RQ35$%455,L5D%25%E012Q# %3U5.5`H` ` end function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send attachment through sendmail

Hi, I am trying to send log file of a job run in unix machince through sendmail.Though I am able to send the text but it is not sending as attachment. Could you please look into the code and let me know where I have gone wrong fdate=`date %Y%j`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachment using sendmail command

Send_Mail() { C_Date=`date +"%m/%d/%Y"` #Subject="MMDB Load Job Status" for i in `cat $Metafile` do if then email_address=`echo $i | cut -d":" -f2` /usr/lib/sendmail "$email_address" < $Email_File fi done } this is the send mail command i am using .please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alok K Yadav
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with attachment

Hello people, I only have sendmail and uuencode on a Oracle (RH) linux server. While: /usr/bin/uuencode awr.html awr.html | /usr/sbin/sendmail myemail@company.com Is working fine, the ideal for me is to do something like: echo "To: me@company.com" > /home/vasilis/msg.txt echo "Subject: DB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with attachment in sendmail

Hi Folks I have below code, which is able to successfully send the content of the output file as html which is body, but i did tried uuencode & mailx -a for sending attachments but to no avail. cat - ${Output_File} <<EOF| /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t #From: ${MAILFROM} To: ${MAILTO} Subject:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies
mutt(1) 							   User Manuals 							   mutt(1)

NAME
mutt - The Mutt Mail User Agent SYNOPSIS
mutt [-nRyzZ] [-e cmd] [-F file] [-m type] [-f file] mutt [-nx] [-e cmd] [-a file] [-F file] [-H file] [-i file] [-s subj] [-b addr] [-c addr] addr [...] mutt [-n] [-e cmd] [-F file] -p mutt -v[v] DESCRIPTION
Mutt is a small but very powerful text based program for reading electronic mail under unix operating systems, including support color ter- minals, MIME, and a threaded sorting mode. OPTIONS
-a file Attach a file to your message using MIME. -b address Specify a blind-carbon-copy (BCC) recipient -c address Specify a carbon-copy (CC) recipient -e command Specify a configuration command to be run after processing of initialization files. -f mailbox Specify which mailbox to load. -F muttrc Specify an initialization file to read instead of ~/.muttrc -h Display help. -H draft Specify a draft file which contains header and body to use to send a message. -i include Specify a file to include into the body of a message. -m type specify a default mailbox type -n Causes Mutt to bypass the system configuration file. -p Resume a postponed message. -R Open a mailbox in read-only mode. -s subject Specify the subject of the message. -v Display the Mutt version number and compile-time definitions. -x Emulate the mailx compose mode. -y Start Mutt with a listing of all mailboxes specified by the mailboxes command. -z When used with -f, causes Mutt not to start if there are no messages in the mailbox. -Z Causes Mutt to open the first mailbox specified by the mailboxes command which contains new mail. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Editor to invoke when composing a message. EMAIL The user's e-mail address. HOME Full path of the user's home directory. MAIL Full path of the user's spool mailbox. MAILDIR Full path of the user's spool mailbox. Commonly used when the spool mailbox is a maildir (5) folder. MAILCAPS Path to search for mailcap files. MM_NOASK If this variable is set, mailcap are always used without prompting first. PGPPATH Directory in which the user's PGP public keyring can be found. TMPDIR Directory in which temporary files are created. REPLYTO Default Reply-To address. VISUAL Editor to invoke when the ~v command is given in the builtin editor. FILES
~/.muttrc or ~/.mutt/muttrc User configuration file. /etc/Muttrc System-wide configuration file. /tmp/muttXXXXXX Temporary files created by Mutt. ~/.mailcap User definition for handling non-text MIME types. /etc/mailcap System definition for handing non-text MIME types. ~/.mime.types User's personal mapping between MIME types and file extensions. /etc/mime.types System mapping between MIME types and file extensions. /usr/bin/mutt_dotlock The privileged dotlocking program. /usr/share/doc/mutt-1.4/manual.txt The Mutt manual. BUGS
None. Mutts have fleas, not bugs. FLEAS
Suspend/resume while editing a file with an external editor does not work under SunOS 4.x if you use the curses lib in /usr/5lib. It does work with the S-Lang library, however. Resizing the screen while using an external pager causes Mutt to go haywire on some systems. suspend/resume does not work under Ultrix. The help line for the index menu is not updated if you change the bindings for one of the functions listed while Mutt is running. For a more up-to-date list of bugs, errm, fleas, please visit the mutt project's bug tracking system under http://bugs.guug.de/. To report a bug, please use the flea(1) program. NO WARRANTIES
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. SEE ALSO
curses(3), flea(1), mailcap(5), maildir(5), mbox(5), mutt_dotlock(1), muttrc(5), ncurses(3), sendmail(1), smail(1) Mutt Home Page: http://www.mutt.org/ The Mutt manual The GNU General Public License. AUTHOR
Michael Elkins, and others. Use <mutt-dev@mutt.org> to contact the developers. Unix June 2001 mutt(1)